Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Especulation in FB is price $220. What you guys think?

Wasn't the DX09 $230 retail? I know this isn't DX, but I would be shocked if it's less than that.

All I wanted was a Returns Batman with the glider wings and great Keaton sculpt poking through a ripped cowl; three years of waiting and we have to pay $400~ for a Tuxedo Bruce Wayne we don't want just to get the ripped cowl and head that's either terrible or great depending on whose photos you believe and no glider at all. Bummer.

All I wanted was a Returns Batman with the glider wings and great Keaton sculpt poking through a ripped cowl; three years of waiting and we have to pay $400~ for a Tuxedo Bruce Wayne we don't want just to get the ripped cowl and head that's either terrible or great depending on whose photos you believe and no glider at all. Bummer.

Not everyone wanted the useless glider. I'd much rather get an official Bruce Wayne.

Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Hong confirmed on Facebook there were more than two different head sculpts.

I'm confident we'll get a final product that's amazing. Instant preorder for me. Too much nostalgia. This is probably our only shot for this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt I'm asking anything that hasn't already been asked but why do two of the mouth pieces look identical?

And if Wayne is sold separately I'll skip him with that awful likeness....which, if its actually being released this year I have fears it will not be changed.

I doubt I'm asking anything that hasn't already been asked but why do two of the mouth pieces look identical?

And if Wayne is sold separately I'll skip him with that awful likeness....which, if its actually being released this year I have fears it will not be changed.

Yeah they do. One just has his mouth a little more open....

br1.jpg

My problem with skipping the Wayne bundle and just getting the Batman is that, without the MIA glider wings and torn cowl/headsculpt, there's little difference that justifies owning this figure alongside the DX09 for me. Right the suit and cowl sculpt is subtly different, but as far as display options its effectively the same figure.

Head sculpt in the broken cowl looks better than the tuxedo head... :naughty

(yes, I know they are one in the same)

The angle they shot from below make the head look suck.

I plan on getting the single version and buying the broken cowl and the sculpt on ebay.

In todays prices I don’t see single Batman under $250. So Im going to say $279 for Batman and $356 for the set Bob!!

YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries*

Nice looking figure, except for that Wayne sculpt.

Too bad the torso design is terrible.

Yep. looks like Michael Rappaport and Liberace had a baby. :lol Kind of an embarrassment for HT. Wonder if they'll blur this sculpt for the PO (like DC IM3) or simply keep the pic and say prototype pending approval. I don't know -- the set seems excessive, who needs a Bruce Wayne in a Tux? Rather have a batcave Bruce PLUS in order to get the ripped cowl which we ALL wanted, you have to buy the whole set, and still no glider cape -- but, this does bode well for a Phiefer and Devito which would be awesome. I may just pick up the cape for my 89 as THAT figure is a masterpiece.

Yeah they do. One just has his mouth a little more open....

View attachment 183339

That's ridiculous, there were a number of very distinct expressions they could have gone with. Where's the ''pissed off'' mouth that they gave Bale in every set?

My problem with skipping the Wayne bundle and just getting the Batman is that, without the MIA glider wings and torn cowl/headsculpt, there's little difference that justifies owning this figure alongside the DX09 for me. Right the suit and cowl sculpt is subtly different, but as far as display options its effectively the same figure.

Argh! Yeah, frustrating.

I wonder what people would charge for a parted out head sculpt and torn cowl compared to the extra price of the 2-pack. Similar to when the Winter Soldier Captain America/Steve Rogers set came out, people were willing to pay a decent amount for just the civilian head when you could just buy the 2 pack and sell what you don't need (tuxedo body, etc.)

Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I'm gonna buy a knock off head once onesixth kit releases it. I'm gonna display with the torn cowl and suited Keaton. So the 2pk with the extra head.

Could use the tux for a Bond maybe.

Day 1 preorder for me.

Back