1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2016-03-11_14.24.02.jpg
2016-03-11_16.37.52-1.jpg

My HT ANH Vader... is one of my favorite 1/6 Vader.

What “Tweaks” did you have to do?
First thing I did was crack the dome open and drill out the nose area and recessing it back slightly.
2- put some white tissue paper behind the lenses to enhance the Amber colour of the lens.
3- lower and realign the dome.
4- switch out the gloves for the Rogue One version (sculpted plastic)
Again this doesn't make it a perfect figure but the changes were something I felt made my copy enhanced.

The second Version with proper gloves is very good. I'm in this against the majority and the ANH version is my favorite. I like that rough look.

Well the thing is that’s kind of why I want them lol

I always thought 12 inch figures looked stupid

I only collected three and three-quarter inch

then I sall these new figures with light up lightsabers and sounds and other light up things and realistic looking faces being displayed in brightly lit detolf cabinets

Blew my mind

Now I’m obsessed

is this separate power supply/USB hard to do does somebody sell this set up ready to go?

What are these RO gloves you’re referring to?
The small Hasbro figures are no comparison to Hot Toys 1/6 figures. But these are very expensive, and many go overboard in buying everything and then they cannot afford them and star selling.

My Vader has a USB charger with a thin wire in the back that can be powered by USB or by two AA batteries at my choice. Here he is with the new gloves and belt button painted silver, the only upgrades I needed to do after the ones made by Jazzinc. The wire is in the back , you cannot see it from here, and I didn

Hot Toys Darth Vader ANH 15.jpg

First thing I did was crack the dome open and drill out the nose area and recessing it back slightly.
2- put some white tissue paper behind the lenses to enhance the Amber colour of the lens.
3- lower and realign the dome.
4- switch out the gloves for the Rogue One version (sculpted plastic)
Again this doesn't make it a perfect figure but the changes were something I felt made my copy enhanced.
Interesting.

Thanks for the Tips.

But why didn't Hot Toys do this?

I mean if regular people can do it why didn't they do these things so we don't have too?

They have Talented People and the Equipment to do it obviously.

The second Version with proper gloves is very good. I'm in this against the majority and the ANH version is my favorite. I like that rough look.
Wait. There is a Second Version?

How do you know which is which?

What does the New / Upgraded Version Have that the Original Didn't?

Right.

I was just saying with my Past Experience before I found out about Hot Toys.

I am Talking the 12" Figures from the 70's which look like Hot Garbage.

That's why I always had a Negative View of 12"

Nothing Compares to these Hot Toys though.

Do you have any Info on how to do that USB Upgrade? (I am not Tech Savy at All).

I am Confused too. I thought Jazzinc Only did Dioramas. I don't see any Figures on his Site.

Does he do personal upgrades outside of the site on figures?

I love my Hot Toys 1/6 ANH Vader - annoying gloves and all. I replaced the Sideshow Vader I had and I have never regretted it. If you're new to 1/6, I think you'll just be blown away by this figure. I guess there's always options to modify/enhance the figure down the track (I may replace the gloves one day, but he's posed in a way that you can't see them anyway).
Of course, you could always get the 1/4 scale which is just beautiful in every way.

Awesome Setup.

I have a Detolf so I don't have that much Room Unfortunatley :(
Thanks. It is important to make the collection as you enjoy. I'm sure it will look great once you start.

Not sure if you took into consideration the HT ESB Vader, this cool figure might still be in stock at various vendors. Or, you can also wait for the ROTJ Vader, HT will definitely make him some day.

10/10 JKNO! Would like to go with a similar display when I've set up my Bestå.
Thank you. :duff

Wait. There is a Second Version?

How do you know which is which?

What does the New / Upgraded Version Have that the Original Didn't?

The first one is a standalone release. The second one is in double pack with Tarkin. He has updated gloves. And no sound effects which I find as a plus, because sounds are annoying and remind me of cheap toys.

My only gripe about this figure would be the hands. I’ve always preferred the sculpted gloves the ESB Vader has. I believe ESB has more light up features as well?

Outside of that overall a really great figure. Definitely worth more than they’re selling for.

Despite not screen accurate unlike the ANH Vader....for me RO Vader is awesome! he has more shelf presence as he has slightly broader shoulder and taller, appear more menacing on display. I also like his shiny clean look as well.

Last edited:
Yeah the OG Vader does look amazing poses that way! When I get some spare money, I would like to pick up either this version or the one from the Tarkin two pack. I want to put this one in my Jazz Inc Tantive IV diorama and put the ESB Vader with my DX07

Back