1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ana3Twf.jpg

:lol

Kinda surprised Mel didn't jump all over these, rather than just poke fun at the concept of merchandising in the movie. An opportunity lost.

Darklord Dave's "Comparison" article on the front page is great...this figure is really a good "fine tuned" step forward from the first release.

There's a lot to enjoy here....

I can't believe how some of you guys bring your Hot Toys into work. :lol

"Johnson. Johnson! I wanted that report on my desk hours ago! What the hell have you been up to?!"

I don't, I was still at home Earlier. I just don't trust them as the reason below.

I keep the hasbro cheap stuff to work... No hot toys in the office! Noo way. I don't trust people to not play with them.

I don't put anything except for my laptop and some hand sanitizer ****. Maybe some tissue, since I'm through with asking from my female colleagues :lol

I had thought of getting some cheap, bootleg dragonball figures, but changed my mind since I'm planning to leave soon.

Darklord Dave's "Comparison" article on the front page is great...this figure is really a good "fine tuned" step forward from the first release.

There's a lot to enjoy here....

I hate the shape and the thickness of the hair and how it doesn't seem like Ledger at all.

But then again, I'm only in this for the robber mask BR Joker version. So it didn't really bother me, but it'd definitely justify it's $300 price tag had they include a new sculpted head that looks somewhat like Ledger.

I think it's good if you don't have the v1. Even if you have v1 and a massive fan of joker, this is a must have. Shirt is a significant improvement. Thinness of the fabric and print is pretty impressive in hand. Jacket as well. Haven't had a chance to open up the weapons etc. but so far I'd recommend this one to both who own a v1 and those that have yet to own either.

Big fan of the Joker but no thanks i'll pass.

The only thing that sucks is that this doesn't seem like a $300 figure to me. More like a $185-200 which is already quite expensive. Hopefully SS will offer free shipping etc soon enough.

And that's why.

The head has a good paint. But I don't see ledger in it. It's inside the box now :lol

For $300, you should be able to see a lot of ledger in it.

I'll try to get some pics for you later, if the others haven't done so already. :wave

Thanks for the review.

I just want a damn smiling head. Seriously. HT, the customizers; none of them have done a smiling head, and I for one think it would look awesome. That's part of the reason why I was so disappointed in this release. I thought it was a good opportunity for them to do that "whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger" grin, and they blew it.

I just want a damn smiling head. Seriously. HT, the customizers; none of them have done a smiling head, and I for one think it would look awesome. That's part of the reason why I was so disappointed in this release. I thought it was a good opportunity for them to do that "whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger" grin, and they blew it.

They want to do and all around versatile head that can be used for multiple scenarios.

Look at the laughing head - it was the holy grail of all Joker heads not long ago, then HT did it, and now the HT ones are going for what, 30-40 bucks a pop. :lol

I'd rather get an angry 'hit me' version first, though Id take just bout any new sculpts so long it has an actual Ledger likeness on the sculpt and not just on the specs description.

They want to do and all around versatile head that can be used for multiple scenarios.

Look at the laughing head - it was the holy grail of all Joker heads not long ago, then HT did it, and now the HT ones are going for what, 30-40 bucks a pop. :lol

I'd rather get an angry 'hit me' version first, though Id take just bout any new sculpts so long it has an actual Ledger likeness on the sculpt and not just on the specs description.

I'd love a Joker clapping in jail cell HS and a Joker looking up at Detective Stephens HS. But, no, we'll probably get another generic expression.

I currently have mine in the popular looking at watch pose, but I might switch it up as well.

Just got done opening mine. Here are some quick thoughts.

+ overall it's technically better than the first version
+ the Bozo masked head, turned out really nice in person
+ love the new grenade rack and bag is brilliant, smelled like a real Adidas bag
+ new shirt, much better
+ the shoes look cooler
+ like the implementation of the gag grenade

- range of motion on the head is awful, particularly side to side
- would have been nice if they gave Bozo a cut neck so we'd get more range and tilts with the head (liked the cocked look when Grumy asks him where he learned to count)
- the base and background sucks, keep it in the box
- the repainted v1 headsculpt doesn't impress me at all and doesn't wow me like the original BR did in 2009. DX 11 is better
- the face and hair is just too "grey" and drab looking, how about that pissy neon green we saw him have? Where's the white in his face?
- not creative enough to give us a proper painted smiling face
- rubbery, glossy hands are crappy, I prefer the originals matte finish
- while the tailoring is better, I prefer the original darker grey of the v1

So yeah, for all my griping, Bozo as a standalone piece with his bag is a nice little upgrade, but I definitely don't recommend paying $270-$300. The value just isn't there. If you can get it cheaper, like I did for what normal MMS figures go for ($200-$220), then I'd recommend it. If you have the original, this one a little bit of the same, made a little new. They actually make nice companion pieces to each other. The first one has an "attitude" with the smirking slicked back hair head and separate mask option going for it. This new one makes for a killer Bozo as he appeared before the reveal.

The main selling point is the bag/rack and Bozo head. Probably going to swap out bodies and put a few things up for sale like the regular head, base, background the body and the weapons (at this point, I'm sitting on a ton of glocks, knives, cards and dollar bills, it's ridiculous).

At $220, I'm satisfied.

Last edited:
You nailed that pose Mike. Knew you would.

Thanks, Tim :duff

Just got done opening mine. Here are some quick thoughts.

+ overall it's technically better than the first version
+ the Bozo masked head, turned out really nice in person
+ love the new grenade rack and bag is brilliant, smelled like a real Adidas bag
+ new shirt, much better
+ the shoes look cooler
+ like the implementation of the gag grenade

- range of motion on the head is awful, particularly side to side
- would have been nice if they gave Bozo a cut neck so we'd get more range and tilts with the head (liked the cocked look when Grumy asks him where he learned to count)
- the base and background sucks, keep it in the box
- the repainted v1 headsculpt doesn't impress me at all and doesn't wow me like the original BR did in 2009. DX 11 is better
- the face and hair is just too "grey" and drab looking, how about that pissy neon green we saw him have? Where's the white in his face?
- not creative enough to give us a proper painted smiling face
- rubbery, glossy hands are crappy, I prefer the originals matte finish
- while the tailoring is better, I prefer the original darker grey of the v1

So yeah, for all my griping, Bozo as a standalone piece with his bag is a nice little upgrade, but I definitely don't recommend paying $270-$300. The value just isn't there. If you can get it cheaper, like I did for what normal MMS figures go for ($200-$220), then I'd recommend it. If you have the original, this one a little bit of the same, made a little new. They actually make nice companion pieces to each other. The first one has an "attitude" with the smirking slicked back hair head and separate mask option going for it. This new one makes for a killer Bozo as he appeared before the reveal.

That's my little gripe on the masked head. They shoulda gave us a ball jointed neck with a separate neck, since he was seen tilting his head a lot in the movie. I tried to tilt them but they don't look too natural.

So which ones are you keeping, if you are still parting it out. Outfit are leap years better than v1, yes? :lol

How bout some pics, Vincent?

Back