1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't decided. I'm still keeping the V1. This one, I'm definitely keeping the bag, rack, nades, Bozo head, shoes and clothes. When Marty McFly comes out I'll get the proper watches for both. Gonna make the V1 kneeling, reveal with mask (or street corner, unsure) and this 2.0 will be full Bozo, like yours.

Gonna sell the repainted head, true type, watch, guns and base.

EDIT: And I quite like the box art. Didn't realize until I opened the box that there were film stills in the red and blue if the Bozo mask. Pretty cool.

As for pics, I'll take some when I have time. I have QS 1/4 Batman coming in tomorrow. I sold a ton a junk, now I'm buying new junk. :lol

Also,

DX 11 regular head > BR 2.0 regular head

I love the original Bank Robber head from back in the day, it was a great portrait and one of my favorites. Shoulda been retired though. Just throwing on a similar DX 11 deco/technique was a cheap move.

Haven't decided. I'm still keeping the V1. This one, I'm definitely keeping the bag, rack, nades, Bozo head, shoes and clothes. When Marty McFly comes out I'll get the proper watches for both. Gonna make the V1 kneeling, reveal with mask (or street corner, unsure) and this 2.0 will be full Bozo, like yours.

Gonna sell the repainted head, true type, watch, guns and base.

EDIT: And I quite like the box art. Didn't realize until I opened the box that there were film stills in the red and blue if the Bozo mask. Pretty cool.

As for pics, I'll take some when I have time. I have QS 1/4 Batman coming in tomorrow. I sold a ton a junk, now I'm buying new junk. :lol

The original v1 ancient TT body will not fit this outfit, just so you know. And if you decide to force it, it will look weird as this is tailored for this body, which is hybrid of narrow, slim and advanced body. The reveal head of the v1 ain't that great IMO, paint looks kinda outdated and sculpt doesn't look like ledger too. Might even rip the outfit too if you force it, as these are pretty thin and fragile. Just sell the v1 body and outfit should you need only 1 BR, this one is clearly the superior ver.

Are there any difference to the shoes? It seems these is a completely new sculpt as well? At least the year print is, it says 2014 on the sole. :lol

Yeah, the box is pretty neat. I was surprised as well when I opened it that the eyes actually belongs on another separate paper. I think this is better than the original box art.

Holy crap :panic: congrats man! You'd love the 1/4 Bats. But you'd need a customs cape, as the stock one is pretty ******. Not as bad as the 89 dx09, but it won't drape naturally, it's like a bigger version of the dx12 :lol

I'm not using the old V1 bodies. The neck post would never fit.

I like the DX 09 cape, I made it work by futzing for an hour. Tony's were too sticky for me. I might make my own for the QS.

Also,

DX 11 regular head > BR 2.0 regular head

I love the original Bank Robber head from back in the day, it was a great portrait and one of my favorites. Shoulda been retired though. Just throwing on a similar DX 11 deco/technique was a cheap move.

Yes, I agree.

I tried it on my dx11 interrogation scene to replace the smiling head, since I didn't wanna mess up my dx11 purple coat joker pers and head angle. But it's just not doing it for me. I just don't see any ledger and the hair shape just isn't accurate at all. Some may think I'm exaggerating, but each time I look at the to hair/ head part it feels like I'm putting a mms 67 on the dx11 body, which feels like a blasphemy. :lol

I'm not using the old V1 bodies. The neck post would never fit.

I like the DX 09 cape, I made it work by futzing for an hour. Tony's were too sticky for me. I might make my own for the QS.

You are using a narrow body from dx01? Just compare the body first before you do anything rational such as selling it, since I don't see too many of these parted out. Any idea how much the unmasked head to for? I wanna sell it before the friggin recasters made copies out of it. :lol

They are sticky when they arrive, but as soon as they are on the figure, they are fine. Though I haven't been paying attention to it for a while now.

Cool, show some pics when you are done with it. I might get 1 from you, if I think it looks proper since I haven't bought one yet for my 1/4 bats.

Yes, I agree.

I tried it on my dx11 interrogation scene to replace the smiling head, since I didn't wanna mess up my dx11 purple coat joker pers and head angle. But it's just not doing it for me. I just don't see any ledger and the hair shape just isn't accurate at all. Some may think I'm exaggerating, but each time I look at the to hair/ head part it feels like I'm putting a mms 67 on the dx11 body, which feels like a blasphemy. :lol

Yup, blasphemy or not, it just feels wrong. That's one of the reasons I took it off the main Bank Robber body and didn't even bother swapping my DX 11. It was good for it's time and was one of my favorite Joker heads (you know, back when we were all putting it on the V1 purple suit), but it's 2014 now, slapping on some dark paint apps ain't going to help.

It feels tacky of them just dusting off an old sculpt and repainting it. It'd be like them taking the MMS 71 TDK Batman head (which again, wasn't bad back in '09) and putting it in the armory set. It just isn't right. If I want to see that head, I'll display it in it's original form. If they did a new Two-Face, I could see them pulling off this same shenanigans. :lol

Oh God, no. Please don't even say that. I can't have that two face on my display, it just won't look right with the other recent figures. :lol

I doubt they'd do that though, since two face ain't joker. Because it's the joker. They coulda be giving us a dx01 pers sculpt with some new paint technique and combine with the dx11 outfit for the dx21 set and it will sell out too. :lol

You are using a narrow body from dx01? Just compare the body first before you do anything rational such as selling it, since I don't see too many of these parted out. Any idea how much the unmasked head to for? I wanna sell it before the friggin recasters made copies out of it. :lol.

Don't worry, I try things out before I do any selling. :lol

The head has been ending at $100, if I can get $150 for the head and body, and a couple of bucks for the crappy base and backdrop, I'll be a happy man.

They are sticky when they arrive, but as soon as they are on the figure, they are fine. Though I haven't been paying attention to it for a while now.

Cool, show some pics when you are done with it. I might get 1 from you, if I think it looks proper since I haven't bought one yet for my 1/4 bats

It was stuck on display, really sticky.

I'm just going to go to Jo-Anne fabrics or Michael's, get my own fabric (anything is better than Hot Toys), and cut my own using a template. I'm not like lforigno or Tony though, just a dude with a steady hand that's gonna make his own damn cape. :lol Who knows though, for my DX 12, I used the stock cape. I really liked how it laid in the neck and collar with the wire. Didn't think it was bad at all. If you say the QS is like that, I may leave it. I doubt it though because I've watched a ton of reviews for it and the capes looked awful. Then again, none of them got their clips into place.

Paid $380 new by the way, and it wasn't the ex. I pretty much sold a Toy Fairs MMS 155 Begins and got a QS 001 for free plus a 20 bill. I didn't hang onto my other 1/4ers for long, so if I'm not in love with it (or dig the armory 1/6 more), I'll probably sell.

That means you get the stuffs you want for bout 50-60 bucks which isn't bad at all. :lol

I still think you should keep the body. The base is nice, I think you should keep those.

I'm gonna sell mine for $100, sounds like a pretty good deal for the head.

Which 1/4 have you owned? This is nothing like the ****** EB 1/4 IMO. These makes the 1/6 HT stuffs feels like Mattel figures man. :lol

lol at code eligible comment. You really think it will be around that long? I passed because quite frankly, I dont need to overpay for a fig I can kitbash in my sleep for a fraction of the price. I dont need the new unmasked portrait and if this is indeed bank robber joker from that scene then his iconic look is with the mask ON. SO I just bought the outfit bootleg and a generic body and the masked headsculpt WITH THE MOVING EYES (which HT version doesnt have) and i'm calling it a good bash.

lol at code eligible comment. You really think it will be around that long? I passed because quite frankly, I dont need to overpay for a fig I can kitbash in my sleep for a fraction of the price. I dont need the new unmasked portrait and if this is indeed bank robber joker from that scene then his iconic look is with the mask ON. SO I just bought the outfit bootleg and a generic body and the masked headsculpt WITH THE MOVING EYES (which HT version doesnt have) and i'm calling it a good bash.

Outfit, bag and grenade trays are the main selling point of this one. Personally, I'd rather have no BR Joker in my collection, rather than having a sub par one sharing the same stage with the DX11, 12 etc. which is the reason why I got no two face in my collection currently. you need to feel and see the outfit in hand to appreciate it as the pics do no justice.

Right now I own every Hot Toys Joker they've done. v1 purple, Bank Robbin', DX 01, DX 08, DX 14 and Bank Robbin' 2.

Honestly, the stand outs are DX 11 and DX 08. As nice as the alternate costumes are, nothing is more iconic than classic purple. I could probably live without the others.

I'm not too fond of dx08. As I'm not much of a fan of Nicholson Joker. Joker should be skinny, not fat. And it doesn't seem like Nicholson was acting anyways. I know Vincent's gonna be mad at me for saying that. :lol

I hope they can do another nurse joker. Maybe offer it in a set, like the armory. Except this one would be the hospital bed, two face (damaged suit and hospital pajama), exclusive could be the batman hand holding Harvey's coin. And then for that year, release a Harvey dent toy ex figure.

Right now I own every Hot Toys Joker they've done. v1 purple, Bank Robbin', DX 01, DX 08, DX 14 and Bank Robbin' 2.

Honestly, the stand outs are DX 11 and DX 08. As nice as the alternate costumes are, nothing is more iconic than classic purple. I could probably live without the others.

Did that seller really send you a BR Joker 2.0 for $230 shipped??

Back