1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine in the other day and finally had a chance to open it earlier today. The first BRJ was my first HT figure and I wasn't going to get this one originally but I figured what the hell I can sell what parts I don't want/need. The new unmasked sculpt is pretty great when compared to the old one, but I still think HT's should have given us a new sculpt to pick apart until the inevitable 3.0. It's great for those who never got the opportunity to own the original but ultimately holds this release back. I don't really like the new masked sculpt at all, but honestly I never really cared for the original either. It always seemed fairly inaccurate and this new version isn't much better, and at this price point they should have given the option to remove the mask too. I have one of MRM's old masks that Ill continue using. Everything else aside from the blurry back drop and cheap watch is an improvement. I really like the new suit and shirt. The material on both is really thin and they fit pretty close to how they do in TDK. The detail on the shirt is really impressive and even though some say the color is off, it looks good to me. I don't know if I'll ever use the grenade rig on the back of the suit but I like having the option there. Overall I feel HT could have made a really great figure with a little more effort, but I'm happy with the parts that I plan to use for my BRJ. And I'm glad those that missed out on the first release get an opportunity to add this take on the joker to there collection.

I got mine in the other day and finally had a chance to open it earlier today. The first BRJ was my first HT figure and I wasn't going to get this one originally but I figured what the hell I can sell what parts I don't want/need. The new unmasked sculpt is pretty great when compared to the old one, but I still think HT's should have given us a new sculpt to pick apart until the inevitable 3.0. It's great for those who never got the opportunity to own the original but ultimately holds this release back. I don't really like the new masked sculpt at all, but honestly I never really cared for the original either. It always seemed fairly inaccurate and this new version isn't much better, and at this price point they should have given the option to remove the mask too. I have one of MRM's old masks that Ill continue using. Everything else aside from the blurry back drop and cheap watch is an improvement. I really like the new suit and shirt. The material on both is really thin and they fit pretty close to how they do in TDK. The detail on the shirt is really impressive and even though some say the color is off, it looks good to me. I don't know if I'll ever use the grenade rig on the back of the suit but I like having the option there. Overall I feel HT could have made a really great figure with a little more effort, but I'm happy with the parts that I plan to use for my BRJ. And I'm glad those that missed out on the first release get an opportunity to add this take on the joker to there collection.

Nice assessment, but I don't think we'll get a BRJ 3.0. If you want a BRJ, it's either this or the original.

No. But we will get another purple coat joker.

Need to go work, but it can wait. Time to unbox this, got bout 30 min to play:

image.jpg

Waddya think about the set overall?

I think it's good if you don't have the v1. Even if you have v1 and a massive fan of joker, this is a must have. Shirt is a significant improvement. Thinness of the fabric and print is pretty impressive in hand. Jacket as well. Haven't had a chance to open up the weapons etc. but so far I'd recommend this one to both who own a v1 and those that have yet to own either.

The only thing that sucks is that this doesn't seem like a $300 figure to me. More like a $185-200 which is already quite expensive. Hopefully SS will offer free shipping etc soon enough.

More pics please especially 2.0 head sculpt on dx 11 :clap

The head has a good paint. But I don't see ledger in it. It's inside the box now :lol

I'll try to get some pics for you later, if the others haven't done so already. :wave

Get to work already Hydeous!!

How else are you going to buy figures if you get fired!

Lol

Oh God, didn't know it took a while to put the figures back to the shelves. I'm gonna be late :panic:

Before I knew the price, this was what I was going to do with the BR head. Looks great!

It definitely doesn't have that polished look that I've seen in other photos.

Yes, I was surprised as well. Which is a pleasant surprise.

Outfit is a bit messed up as it was pressed inside the tray. Will need to take a while to get them look proper.

Back