1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I agree arm should be silver, I don't know about Die cast. I imagine it'd make it awkward to,stand being heavier on one side then the other.

Die-cast doesn't necessarily translate to chrome. If it was plastic it also could be chromed. I have feeling if it stays PVC the "mirror" will be this. The closest to chrome HT has done has been plastic. All of the Iron Man parts that are PVC end up being metallic paint. Example is Capt's shield. Its chrome and its plastic. I also think that is the problem with the paint. Its chromed so they have to use a transparent paint to color it and so there are problems with adhesion.

Yup, making that arm die-cast would mess up with the figure's center of gravity. Plastic with good quality chrome plating is fine.

DAMMIT! That remote bomb launcher is pointless w/o full jacket :gah:

5466636721_zps343be131.jpg

Now I'm even more saddened by the lack of the sniper rifle from posters...
Messed up.

Yeah. I guess you guys are right. It would mess with the center of gravity. Chrome paint would be awesome though. It would take this good figure to a great one.

:slap How'd I miss that? Thanks Edward...that's good to see.

Don't worry about it. :D

up_10.jpg

As for the other issues....I think we're stuck with what we're getting. Dull silver toy arm, eyeliner on unmasked head instead of vice-versa, and no jacket.

Remember all the kerfuffle when the Bane fgure came out? Two big issues were, no coat (Stock Exchange) and he couldn't strike the signature pose (the "boss" pose - hands holding coat lapels)...we got what we got.

I think it's going to be the same here...what we see in that shot from the place in Hong Kong is what we're getting....looks good (especially the portrait in that light) but it's not going to have "everything" we'd like to see. Still looking forward to it though....

In fact, I hope this proves popular enough for them to re-visit CA:FA and produce a Bucky figure in his "Howling Commandos" gear....would love that to go on display with the CA: FA Cap....

As for the other issues....I think we're stuck with what we're getting. Dull silver toy arm, eyeliner on unmasked head instead of vice-versa, and no jacket.

Remember all the kerfuffle when the Bane fgure came out? Two big issues were, no coat (Stock Exchange) and he couldn't strike the signature pose (the "boss" pose - hands holding coat lapels)...we got what we got.

I think it's going to be the same here...what we see in that shot from the place in Hong Kong is what we're getting....looks good (especially the portrait in that light) but it's not going to have "everything" we'd like to see. Still looking forward to it though....

i disagree, the coat is one thing but to simply not paint the black on the eyes for the production figures seems pretty simple.

:slap How'd I miss that? Thanks Edward...that's good to see.

In fact, I hope this proves popular enough for them to re-visit CA:FA and produce a Bucky figure in his "Howling Commandos" gear....would love that to go on display with the CA: FA Cap....

I agree it MAY be what we get... long way off though.
The plastic armored arm CAN be done with plated plastic but chipping/scraping issues will prevent HT from doing it
Yeah- you got it- it's what we will probably get

Why people upset about the eye paint again? It's accurate. He didn't wear eye paint under the mask on the highway action scene and he wore the eye makeup when he was in
Spoiler Spoiler:
Am I missing something?

Loved this dude in the movie last night and still really digging this fig despite its flaws. Chrome arm would add major points to this. Where's that sphere grenade thingy?!?!

I think that it would've been a more fitting move to do the sculpts flip-flopped as others mentioned too (eye paint on the masked sculpt, no paint on unmasked). I guess they did it this way for sake of making the fig look more interesting

Now I'm even more saddened by the lack of the sniper rifle from posters...
Messed up.

True but what could you do. Just like jedibear said, were not getting it all with this set.

Spoiler Spoiler:

i believe the rifle is seen in the montage of his history, in a silhouette iirc

Why people upset about the eye paint again? It's accurate. He didn't wear eye paint under the mask on the highway action scene and he wore the eye makeup when he was in
Spoiler Spoiler:
Am I missing something?

I think its just because the eye paint was used and seen so little in the film compared to him without it. The majority of the time he didn't have it and since they aren't making the mask a removable piece, I think most people, myself included, would prefer the looks he had a majority of the time and that was without the eye shadow.

Its something they used on the Arrow TV show in an attempt to avoid using the classic domino type mask, but it reality it just doesn't work. They eventually gave him the mask and I think Marvel even realized it wasn't the greatest thing and minimized its presence in the actual film, but not in time for the merchandise to be unaffected. HT has gotten lazier and lazier about 'fixing' things so I don't see them rethinking the eye shadow at this point, even if they've got a year to do so.

I think the eye paint was pretty unnecessary in the movie to begin with. He's either wearing the goggles or not wearing them at all. I'd be fine if HT decides to put the eye paint on the masked sculpt and keep the full head sculpt clean. However, it's a must that they chrome that arm.

Love the eye paint and glad that figure comes with it.
Too bad it was almost entirely edited out of the movie... :(

Or that is what Marvel approved and so that is what they have to make.

It would be an additional step that if removed would save HT money because the price is set.
Lots of people say HT does this and that but the license holder has the control. Look at what they went through with Sparrow and the ten heads that were made but rejected.

I think its just because the eye paint was used and seen so little in the film compared to him without it. The majority of the time he didn't have it and since they aren't making the mask a removable piece, I think most people, myself included, would prefer the looks he had a majority of the time and that was without the eye shadow.

Its something they used on the Arrow TV show in an attempt to avoid using the classic domino type mask, but it reality it just doesn't work. They eventually gave him the mask and I think Marvel even realized it wasn't the greatest thing and minimized its presence in the actual film, but not in time for the merchandise to be unaffected. HT has gotten lazier and lazier about 'fixing' things so I don't see them rethinking the eye shadow at this point, even if they've got a year to do so.

Back