1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost tempted to order this figure as I really wound up liking the film. Not sure if it's worth $240 to me though.

WS is an easy purchase IMO. One of the few comic villains I felt equal to the hero who didn't go out like a biotch. He gave as good as he got which I loved...

No hope at all in HT giving the arm the proper chrome paint job but I do hope they bulk the arm up. It looks way too skinny. Other than that, the figure is a must get for me.

Or that is what Marvel approved and so that is what they have to make.

It would be an additional step that if removed would save HT money because the price is set.
Lots of people say HT does this and that but the license holder has the control. Look at what they went through with Sparrow and the ten heads that were made but rejected.

I get why a license holder wouldn't approve something that isn't screen accurate or it portrays the character in a different light, but in some case you are just left scratching your head. The orange jump suit with Whiplash comes to mind.

WS is an easy purchase IMO. One of the few comic villains I felt equal to the hero who didn't go out like a biotch. He gave as good as he got which I loved...

:goodpost::lecture

The fact alone that his comic-to-movie costume is almost 100% accurate, makes him an instant must-have for Winter Soldier fans like me.

I've been anticipating this figure from HT the moment Marvel gave us a sneak peek of the movie costume. So faithful to Epting's design!

EDIT: I'm not really bugged with the eye paint at all, I think it looks great and makes the figure that of a movie character and not of an actor. I also have faith that the chrome arm would have a better finish :)

:goodpost::lecture

The fact alone that his comic-to-movie costume is almost 100% accurate, makes him an instant must-have for Winter Soldier fans like me.

I've been anticipating this figure from HT the moment Marvel gave us a sneak peek of the movie costume. So faithful to Epting's design!

Yessir. I am excited to see more of him in future films. Beyond Loki most villains I felt ran their course at the films end. As you said, very solid transition from comic to film and I am looking forward to this character development. Easy purchase for me.....

You guys think there will be more version of winter soldier coming out from this movie?

You guys think there will be more version of winter soldier coming out from this movie?

I'm more inclined to believe that WS would be like Bane. Many would hope that there'd be another release, some would even hope for a DX, that would include what people say is "missing" from this set, but again I think it's unlikely. Best chance of getting a 2.0 (and beyond) would be if he appears again in future Marvel movies.

I hope Hot Toys throws us fans a bone and adds in an unmasked/non-eye liner head!

Been taking their price increases for a while. How about hooking us all up?

I hope Hot Toys throws us fans a bone and adds in an unmasked/non-eye liner head!

Been taking their price increases for a while. How about hooking us all up?

I don't see that happening but it would be nice to get the jacket from the Nick Fury scene.

I'm more inclined to believe that WS would be like Bane. Many would hope that there'd be another release, some would even hope for a DX, that would include what people say is "missing" from this set, but again I think it's unlikely. Best chance of getting a 2.0 (and beyond) would be if he appears again in future Marvel movies.

Imo I think there will another one .but not from cap 2 movie.

It will be from cap 3 movie..
I am just hoping for another one from cap 2
But I agreed with u that it is unlikely

Hot Toys, give us this.

tumblr_n30mss9gW81r2ogzyo2_r1_250.gif

Well after seeing the movie over the weekend, I definitely confirmed with myself that I should get this figure. So I placed my PO with toys2. Good thing I've been selling my Marvel Legends figures, so I had money in my PayPal account to pay this off right away. I know most people are weary of pre ordering with paypal, but I've been dealing with toys2 for 5 years now without any trouble

Am I the only one who thought he was gonna have a bigger part in the film? I mean the title of the movie was his name :lol. That said his fights with cap were some of the best fights I've seen in movies to date. But I feel like the real story was what was going on with shield which I won't say here for spoiler reasons. The film was still amazing and I plan to pick it up but the figure looks like it needs a better sculpt/paint job for his metal arm.

Even if he wasn't in it an absolute ton, he had a huge impact. And clearly he'll feature heavily in part 3. :)

Back