1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for site recommendations Motuxmen , I have the setup to solder my own wires. But i'm so lazy so for an extra $1 I have no problem getting pros to do it. Also, those sites don't have the worst shipping to Canada so that's a bonus.

I was going to try and mod my Whiplash MK I with the wires (thinking of going with the white ones)

I know how you feel. Lol I too can solder but I always just order it pre cut. Just less work. Lol

They have wall units for these two. Let me check where I got mine...

In-line wire 1-to-4 splitter ID: 402 - $1.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

12V EL wire/tape inverter ID: 448 - $4.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

This are two ways to go. They have a few other inverters and power supplies. Order the splitter and you can use it with most other manufacturers inverters as well. These folks also sell the sound activated inverters that are 12v or wall tap as well.

Here's a bunch of other splitters and inverters. Including wall units.
Electric Optics EL Wire is the Brightest, Longest Lasting Electroluminescent Wire on the Planet

Last edited:
Mine came in today. Checked all lights and made sure the back switches didn't collapse into the body. Heavy figure and glad to have the trio complete.

Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible ...

Got him today all I can say is WOW! The detail and amazing look of this piece is outstanding. I see why HT charged what they did for him it's true craftsmanship of a beautiful figure.
61eb0300dce941bd8d36142c2ad27be4.jpg
649a98b301b8a1e45871398f6fabefe8.jpg

Hey. I'm gonna try posting the screen shots here too. This is everything you need to do the two whips in el wire with a battery powered inverter.(but the inverter can be used with a wall plug as it has an input jack for that as well)

It's two 1.5 ft blue/green 2.6 mm pieces of el wire
One el inverter with splitter.

I sent it again in the pm but unsure if it worked..

image.jpg
image.jpg

Hey. I'm gonna try posting the screen shots here too. This is everything you need to do the two whips in el wire with a battery powered inverter.(but the inverter can be used with a wall plug as it has an input jack for that as well)

It's two 1.5 ft blue/green 2.6 mm pieces of el wire
One el inverter with splitter.

I sent it again in the pm but unsure if it worked..
Looks interesting, I will waiting for news.

Looks interesting, I will waiting for news.

Yeah sorry. That was something I did for another member who wasn't sure what exactly he would need to make the whips and asked for help. So I just added everything to a shopping cart and screenshot it for him/her so they knew what they needed and all that. But when I pm the pics the first couple times it didn't go thru so I posted here after I tried again so that just in case they could at least get it here. Sorry to clutter it up..

Yeah sorry. That was something I did for another member who wasn't sure what exactly he would need to make the whips and asked for help. So I just added everything to a shopping cart and screenshot it for him/her so they knew what they needed and all that. But when I pm the pics the first couple times it didn't go thru so I posted here after I tried again so that just in case they could at least get it here. Sorry to clutter it up..
Everything was fine) Thanks!

Recieved yesterday from The Collectibles Store in Belgium:

Hot Toys - MMS 237 - IRON MAN 2 - Whiplash Mark II

I already was collecting the villians of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and of course Whiplash plays a part in that aswell.
Sadly Hot Toys isn’t really focusing on releasing all the bad guys from the Marvel movies, for example a Malekith or a Ronan is nowhere to be seen.

My preference went out to the MARK II of Whiplash instead of the MARK I version, because i’d rather have an amored up version to display against Iron Man than the jump suit one.

After having played around with it for a while, I can say he is pretty good to pose up, only I come to the same kind of poses everytime, trying to make him look menacing.
I also wanted to make of him with my Iron Man and War Machine, but I don’t have that kind of display space for at the moment.

The Armor looks great, really nice, the headsculpt is nice aswell, just totally off, when looking at the movie, there his whole face is shown, instead of a small part that is in his helmet, like with the figure.

Gotta watch out with the light up switches, they are very small and fragile, I’ve seen them break off at other collector’s Whiplash figures.

The whips look great, especially with the little effects on them, sadly the light up function sucks major balls!, only a small light at his wrist and that’s it! Not the whole whip lights up sadly.
I did see some custom work done by others, so it is possible to make it work.

I made some quick pics of this monster.

Enjoy!

Back