1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I thought it was custom work at first, I think I saw a review where only the light around the hands lit up so theirs must've been broken or something.

No. They're correct. I did customize my whips. The factory whips do not light up. I bought luminescent whips, attach them to my factory whips and…walahhhhhh!!!!

Very nice, doss anyone know where can I buy that luminescent wire? Does it need a power source AC?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Same question.
P.S Hope, its not IKEA :D

Very nice, doss anyone know where can I buy that luminescent wire? Does it need a power source AC?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I looked at Amazon and it seems they have it. Look up "luminescent wire"

The ones I found have battery as a source, but I'm sure you could find ones for AC power.

I bought it on ebay. It was about $12 or so, and it is powered by AA battteries. It's a three mode single push button remote that comes with the wires. Pretty cheap!

Same question.
P.S Hope, its not IKEA :D

I use that type of material a lot. Been using it for years. Huge fan. It's actually called Electroluminescent wire. Typically just EL wire. But they make tape and sheets and more. You can get it precut and wired to the length you want. Try this site. They do good work. And EL light is much safer for plastics(most stuff really) as it doesn't actually heat up like most light sources. It's a tech derived from bio lum. If you(anyone) has a project requiring custom light try it. From cars to bars it looks good.

Glowsticks/ Electroluminescent Lighting/ EL Wire/ Glow Neon Lights

And if you want to be all kind of neat, try these. Let's you turn it on by voice. And they sell by the foot or kits. A full kit of wire, inverter, sound act is around 20-30 bucks for 5 feet I think. But the standard inverter system is like 10-20 bucks. So pretty reasonable all things equal.

High-Bright EL wire kits from $0.98/ft. in 10 colors

Last edited:
Few pics of what it can do...

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

I use that type of material a lot. Been using it for years. Huge fan. It's actually called Electroluminescent wire. Typically just EL wire. But they make tape and sheets and more. You can get it precut and wired to the length you want. Try this site. They do good work. And EL light is much safer for plastics(most stuff really) as it doesn't actually heat up like most light sources. It's a tech derived from bio lum. If you(anyone) has a project requiring custom light try it. From cars to bars it looks good.

Glowsticks/ Electroluminescent Lighting/ EL Wire/ Glow Neon Lights

And if you want to be all kind of neat, try these. Let's you turn it on by voice. And they sell by the foot or kits. A full kit of wire, inverter, sound act is around 20-30 bucks for 5 feet I think. But the standard inverter system is like 10-20 bucks. So pretty reasonable all things equal.

High-Bright EL wire kits from $0.98/ft. in 10 colors

Thanks Motux! Wish I would've saw the sound controlled kits before I purchased mine. Really cool!

can the wire be cut? should I pick up two separate pieces, one for each side?
Thank you for the help

It can be cut. But you then have to be able to solder the ends to hook it up to the inverter. It's not real hard but most people have never done it. You can order multiple pre cut lengths, at any pre determined length, through both the sites I linked. There is a way to run multiple pieces off a single power supply, you just need to order a multi tap inverter. Usually around the same price., The most common solution is multiple inverters. They are not super expensive and when your talking about a 400 dollar figure, an extra 10 bucks for another inverter should be attainable. Lol but you can go either way. The multi tap inverters are newer. Five years ago they where not readily available.

Anyway.. Yes I'd just pick up two seperate pieces. It's only 90cents a foot for the el wire. Won't add much cost.

I have a five foot section of blue with an inverter that I have not used if anyone wants photos or anything. In case there's some question you have you cant find thru the linked sites.

Last edited:
Here's another site I've ordered from. The wire at one site sometimes is sold out(one color) so I have five or six places I shop to get the current best deal or in stock. There's also a chasing system for the EL wire so it looks a lot like the pulse effect of the whips. Anyway here's the product page with mutli tap lines (and if you order say a 4 wire system you don't have to use all 4) and sound inverters and chase system. Like I said..I love EL stuff. Such fun to play with. Lol

Get The Right El Wire Kits - Multi-Line Kits and Different Battery Packs Available! - Electric Styles

Im just having trouble finding a 2 line blue/blue that I can also plug into the wall rather than battery. I'd buy that instantly.

thanks for site recommendations Motuxmen , I have the setup to solder my own wires. But i'm so lazy so for an extra $1 I have no problem getting pros to do it. Also, those sites don't have the worst shipping to Canada so that's a bonus.

I was going to try and mod my Whiplash MK I with the wires (thinking of going with the white ones)

Back