1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, my Thor came in today, very beautiful figure, but unfortunately I got one with the defective arms.

It looks like they painted over the muscle body and the paint is rubbing off on the left shoulder area, revealing the plain body underneath.
You can see it flaking sort of like dried glue residue.

Is this worth bringing up with SSC?

thor problem.jpg

Hi guys, my Thor came in today, very beautiful figure, but unfortunately I got one with the defective arms.

It looks like they painted over the muscle body and the paint is rubbing off on the left shoulder area, revealing the plain body underneath.

View attachment 127219

Typical.... the skin texture is painted on... even cellotape could pull it off

So I'm not sure if I should ask for a replacement (afraid of same problem, although right arm looks perfect), or just get a refund. Just hoping it doesn't get worse in the future.

So I'm not sure if I should ask for a replacement (afraid of same problem, although right arm looks perfect), or just get a refund. Just hoping it doesn't get worse in the future.

I got a replacement from SSC due to the left arm flaking, and the new one is perfect. I believe they check the replacement figure before they send it to you, because it'll be stripped of the parts you don't need (head, hands, gauntlets).

I got a replacement from SSC due to the left arm flaking, and the new one is perfect. I believe they check the replacement figure before they send it to you, because it'll be stripped of the parts you don't need (head, hands, gauntlets).

Cheers, just sent them an email.

well at least you got a replacement :yess:
Its disappointing to hear about the arms :ohbfrank:

How would one go about removing the armour from the chest? if you wanted to bodyswap?

View attachment 127219
Yes I got mine replaced.
Can you tell me if the armpit area on yours is soft or hard and sharp? The bit that scraping the paint.

Definitely hard and sharp.

Same as the one I got replaced.

Think I have solved this problem. The replacment body I got is soft as butter. Will try and get a video of the two when I get home.

It seems as if they have used two types of torso covers for the body or one batch has cured too hard.

Same as the one I got replaced.

Think I have solved this problem. The replacment body I got is soft as butter. Will try and get a video of the two when I get home.

It seems as if they have used two types of torso covers for the body or one batch has cured too hard.

Makes sense, I can see the same problem happening to the right arm if one is not careful. Don't you have to destroy the old body?

Ughh just went to pose mine and I've got a bunk right arm :( I'd been really careful and slow moving the arms. I moved it more now and it just gets a lot worse.
I hope they can replace mine. I sent an email and photos, although my camera takes poor pictures I think you can see the rubbing.
Is it easy to tell the replacement bodies are okay??

I wish it was a case of a bad batch, but I don't think that is the problem. The skin tone is just lightly sprayed onto the rubber arms and any movement is likely to cause this thin layer to peel.

He looked so good next to my BD MKVII but those arms... :mad:

I am seriously thinking about buying an Avengers Thor body and swap it out. I don't even care about the skinnier arms or the exposed joints. I want a Thor. And besides, any future Thor's will likely have these stupid rubber arms.

Regular usage would gently rub off the paint over time, so the area that receives the most friction would have more paint faded away from that area. That is normal.

The defective arms literally have the paint peel off because the paint has not set into the rubber properly.

It's "peeling off" versus "rubbing off/fading" if you get the difference.

Regular usage would gently rub off the paint over time, so the area that receives the most friction would have more paint faded away from that area. That is normal.

The defective arms literally have the paint peel off because the paint has not set into the rubber properly.

It's "peeling off" versus "rubbing off/fading" if you get the difference.

I've had a little go now using the good arm a lot more to see if the same thing happens, and I've even tried rubbing it slightly with my finger nail and it only looks to be a bit faded, but it's not peeling off like the bad one. The bad one is like a pencil eraser almost.

There is definitely a difference like you said.

Ughh just went to pose mine and I've got a bunk right arm :( I'd been really careful and slow moving the arms. I moved it more now and it just gets a lot worse.
I hope they can replace mine. I sent an email and photos, although my camera takes poor pictures I think you can see the rubbing.
Is it easy to tell the replacement bodies are okay??
Can you feel the armpit area of the torso? Is it soft or hard

Mine is out for delivery! I really hope he doesn't have any of the arm issues.

Back