1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't people being a bit over-optimistic about HT making other figures from this license anyway? They might make Joker but beyond that.... Even Batman comes second to Iron Man in HT priorities.

They might produce some of the big bads like Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler, but don't expect to see the likes of King Tut, Egghead, Bookworm, or any of the B and C-list baddies.

Got mine pre-ordered too my first ever pre-order from sideshow...

Just looked over at my Bats collection.
In all the time they have done Bats, they have released only The Joker, Catwoman, Two Face and The Scarecrow (with Demon Bats). Granted variations on the Joker abound, but, still only 4 characters (5 counting DB).
Even if HT go down the villain route, it'll be years before we see any!

Haha! I only looked at one shelf. Forgot to look up. Yup, Bane n Gordon as well.

Does nobody want a Batboat?Always one of my favourite designs from the show.Loved the Corgi version when I was young and was all over the reissued Aurora model.It would look good in my fish pond!

Does nobody want a Batboat?Always one of my favourite designs from the show.Loved the Corgi version when I was young and was all over the reissued Aurora model.It would look good in my fish pond!

post-25059-Rachel-YEAH-Chandler-NO-friend-BITY.gif

That would make for an amazing diorama, though; Robin piloting the Batcopter while Batman sprays the shark repellant.:lol

Or if a helicopter is not forthcoming, Robin hanging upside down from the 'Bat Ladder', trapeze style and handing the can over.

And when it comes to Catwomen...Lee was beautiful and elegant alright (and still is to boot, as is Julie) but I don't know...Julie just had this 'little girl lost' thing going on about her that was just pure sexiness.

Sadly, if this 'movie only' approach is the only way they can go (at least at the moment) Then DLD is correct, no BATGIRL either. But hey, at least the '66 version is still getting some of the attention fans have wanted for decades. And I'd take a Lee/Cat over a No/Cat any day.

PS/Edit: Love those gifs Furyan, thanks...saved.

Why does the listing for these guys on SS now say TV Series?
I don't know for sure but I'm guessing that maybe they think that's how a lot of people identify with these versions of the characters. Realistically they are basically the same anyways and the movie just plays out like a longer episode of the series.

I'm just incredibly impressed with HT right now. Between these and the improved QS Batman hitting within, not a month, not a week, but a day of one and other, that really was the "one-two punch" that knocked me on my ***.

To be honest, though, it kind of makes me want them to revisit Bale in Begins and TDK one last time, respectively. I know that this is about the lighter side of Batman, but, regardless, it's Batman, and I've always seen this license as being their signature line, if you will. The quality of both the West Batman stuff and the Keaton Batman stuff is unparalleled, IMO, and, though a lot of the Nolan Bats stuff is fantastic, they haven't quite mastered Bale in the cowl at 1/6th scale. It just seems like, outside of that one incarnation, HT's Batman line is their figurehead, and it'd be nice to see it...unblemished.

Back