1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just incredibly impressed with HT right now. Between these and the improved QS Batman hitting within, not a month, not a week, but a day of one and other, that really was the "one-two punch" that knocked me on my ***.

To be honest, though, it kind of makes me want them to revisit Bale in Begins and TDK one last time, respectively. I know that this is about the lighter side of Batman, but, regardless, it's Batman, and I've always seen this license as being their signature line, if you will. The quality of both the West Batman stuff and the Keaton Batman stuff is unparalleled, IMO, and, though a lot of the Nolan Bats stuff is fantastic, they haven't quite mastered Bale in the cowl at 1/6th scale. It just seems like, outside of that one incarnation, HT's Batman line is their figurehead, and it'd be nice to see it...unblemished.

Id like a revisited Batman Begins suit. I'm satisfied with the DX12.

If HT revisits the Begins suit this time in quarter scale, I'm sure it would be so amazing, but I'm certain I'd settle with my EB and wait for something else I could spend about $400 for. If it's in 1/6 again, however -- talk about faceplates with very good likeness, sturdier ankles, non-flaking suit -- I'm in. I never had any of their previous releases, I just don't like how it was done by HT.

Yeah, me too. I dig the 'Begins' suit, but don't like any of the 1/6 versions they've done to date for various reasons.

A new & improved DX Begins Bale would be excellent - & it's the only Bale Batman I'd want. :)

Yeah, me too. I dig the 'Begins' suit, but don't like any of the 1/6 versions they've done to date for various reasons.

A new & improved DX Begins Bale would be excellent - & it's the only Bale Batman I'd want. :)

Yeah, Bale must be one tough nut for HT to crack. I mean, what, 6th attempt that is DX12 and still not Bale enough, but they could sculpt Nicholson, Keaton, West, and Ward all on first try?

Well.. none of those figures are perfect - but they're close. :D

With Bale; whether it's QC, funny proportions or whatever, they're not trying hard enough to get my money, anyway. :lol

If HT revisits the Begins suit this time in quarter scale, I'm sure it would be so amazing, but I'm certain I'd settle with my EB and wait for something else I could spend about $400 for. If it's in 1/6 again, however -- talk about faceplates with very good likeness, sturdier ankles, non-flaking suit -- I'm in. I never had any of their previous releases, I just don't like how it was done by HT.
I really don't want a 1/4th version even though I know it's been rumored. I want my figures all in the same scale personally.

I hope that we get an announcement for the 60s Batmobile soon. Really curious as to how it will be priced. Hopefully not too much as it would be amazing to go with these two figures.

I really don't want a 1/4th version even though I know it's been rumored. I want my figures all in the same scale personally.

I hope that we get an announcement for the 60s Batmobile soon. Really curious as to how it will be priced. Hopefully not too much as it would be amazing to go with these two figures.

Likewise. I swore I'd stop at the 89 car, but after seeing how well the Dynamic Duo turned out I thought the 66 car instantly became a necessity. :thud:

Well.. none of those figures are perfect - but they're close. :D

With Bale; whether it's QC, funny proportions or whatever, they're not trying hard enough to get my money, anyway. :lol

I've never understood that (even though, I've, admittedly, said the same thing); what denotes perfection? We say "they're close," but, seriously, what could we possibly do to improve the West or Keaton Batman sculpts? I'm looking, and I'm at a loss.:lol In my opinion, if it can't we improved, it may as well be perfect.:lol

I've never understood that (even though, I've, admittedly, said the same thing); what denotes perfection? We say "they're close," but, seriously, what could we possibly do to improve the West or Keaton Batman sculpts? I'm looking, and I'm at a loss.:lol In my opinion, if it can't we improved, it may as well be perfect.:lol
I honestly think some people just analyze every detail to death which gets annoying. I know we pay a lot for these figures but all in all I think most of the output from Hot Toys is really good. Some things could be better but hardly anything is truly perfect and what can be achieved by Hot Toys truly amazes me at times.

I'm not talking about the faces for the aforementioned - just the overall execution on some aspects. HT Keaton for instance, could've been made like the actual film suit was; an under suit with the body armour applications then attached. In the end, we got an enclosed rubber suit that'll degrade over time. This is why I'm thinking about possibly getting the 1/4 scale Neca Keaton figure.

West needs more work as far as I'm concerned though. The knees & elbows look average right now, & I think they need to put wire in the cape so you can tame it - around the neck area especially. The belt could be about 5% bigger too. Right now, it's positioned about right, but it's not masking his briefs enough & they look huge as a result. :lol

I guess the flip side with the belt as it is, is that you can lower it - & if you're not concerned with screen accuracy, the slightly smaller belt sitting lower on his hips would actually look better in the end.

Shut this down and reopen in about 7-8 months...at the earliest

I'd use the Alfred gif from Begins, but I feel this would be more suitable:

BC9CE115-DE19-45B5-89DC-E37A23F18135-2319-000002F59D9C7B12_zpscfa48175.jpg

You're always quoting ****ing Begins. This thread, movie threads, Breaking Bad. Jeez.

You're always quoting ****ing Begins. This thread, movie threads, Breaking Bad. Jeez.

It's a quotable movie. I don't see you callin' out folk who use the "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" video in a bunch of threads.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ONkdlhQavs0[/ame]

Back