1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like Sideshow is the go to this round....with their $10 flat shipping rate and points given back on these...they are the cheapest

Too bad we probably will not be seeing any villains. Catwoman and Penguin would have been nice. And Riddler and Joker and Batgirl...sigh. We should probably thank our lucky stars for the Batmobile.

If the figures are selling this well,should nt we be seeing everything?

AFX says they are pre sold out of both figs...

"Sorry we are presold out of both. They have been removed from our site. Thank you. "

Checked their mobile site on my phone and they are still there.

I think you're reading way too much into this. These figures are more from Batman: The Movie it seems judging off the accessories of Batman. Plus that's a pretty minor detail really, the overall logo is still basically the same except on the show Batman was written in white rather than in yellow.

Because HT only does MOVIE Masterpiece Figures, not TV show ones! They want to keep it consistent

I grabbed both.

I had to have Robin. This is the first Robin they're done, and it happens to also be the costume he wore during the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans era.

And how could I get the 66 Robin and not the Batman?

I was happy enough to order them when they first went up, but all day yesterday and today they're been on my mind..... I'm REALLY EXCITED to get these guys!!!

I want to pose them fighting my Hulk!

It's good to hear these are selling like gangbusters. I hope they're getting the same reception in Asia so Hot Toys will see that this license has very long legs.

It's hard to determine how well they're actually selling, it's a poorly kept secret that Sideshow is having strict allotments to retailers, so it's within the realm of possibility that retailers only got 1/4 or 1/2 of what they usually get and have sold through it already. Sideshow is controlling the stock to force people to buy direct from them.

Joker will be released--mark my words. Not so sure about the others, but. . .Hot Toys loves them some Joker. We've already seen, what, 5 different Joker figures? With another DX on the way.
Yep, if we get villains the Romero Joker makes total sense. Joker is a huge character and would sell I'm sure. I also could see Catwoman coming out as she's pretty popular too. Really any of the big four 60s series villains would be safe bets I would think.

As they are running this as part of their MMS releases, then the big 4 from the movie are certainly possibilities. It does mean that if the villains are issued, we know which Catwoman we will get. And will they issue the shark :wink1:

Lee Meriwether will be the only 60s Catwoman. It was her in the movie, and that's what they are doing.

I get you - you're going off the accessories the duo come with or whatever.. but it remains to be seen if that's actually what they'll do.

Choosing LM over Julie though, would be like them choosing the dude from the second CROW film over Brandon for their final figure. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

These are being marketed as 1966 Movie figures, not TV figures.
All of the official pics carry the word 'Movie' on them. Therefore I think that should the range continue, no Julie, but Lee as Catwoman.

As they are running this as part of their MMS releases, then the big 4 from the movie are certainly possibilities. It does mean that if the villains are issued, we know which Catwoman we will get. And will they issue the shark :wink1:

My shark better have no scuff marks..listen up HT!

Lee Meriwether will be the only 60s Catwoman. It was her in the movie, and that's what they are doing.

These are being marketed as 1966 Movie figures, not TV figures.
All of the official pics carry the word 'Movie' on them. Therefore I think that should the range continue, no Julie, but Lee as Catwoman.

Actually, That's not entirely correct....or at the very least, it shows an inconsistency within SSC's marketing campaign.

BATMAN shown as from the 1966 TV series, and not the movie.

Likewise Robin

And this is by their official US distributor, so I don't think that it's going to matter one jot to HT if they are a from the TV series of the movie, this is a gold mine they will tap mercilessly if these are successful.

Actually, That's not entirely correct....

I don't think that it's going to matter one jot to HT if they are a from the TV series of the movie, this is a gold mine they will tap mercilessly if these are successful.

Hot Toys is excited to introduce the 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure from the 1966 feature film. The collectible figure is newly developed and highly detailed, which is specially crafted based on the image of Adam West as the iconic character Batman, featuring a screen-accurate masked head sculpt, specially made costume with Batman logo, weapons and accessories.

I think they were originally aiming at TV, but since moving forward, are marketing as a movie release.

I doubt it'll happen, not from HT doing a movie line. The Julie Cat is a whole other animal.
Eh..the costume is basically the same all they'd have to do is a separate headsculpt. That would be a cool idea if Hot Toys actually did that.

Back