1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on just picking up Robin.
I feel like he would still look good beside more modern batman versions.

I just love the classic Robin look. Comic artists seem to feel the same way too.

The one with the green background that says"Batman-the classic TV series".It s prominently displayed on the Mattel packaging,the Headknockers,etc.and it s missing on these figures.It was there last year when Hot Toys displayed the Batmobile on it s own at one of the shows.That,and the fact that the blurb makes specific mention of the film,makes me wonder if they ve had a problem with the rights for the series.But it s got the Batusi hands from Hey riddle diddle,the first TV episode,so perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

The one with the green background that says"Batman-the classic TV series".It s prominently displayed on the Mattel packaging,the Headknockers,etc.and it s missing on these figures.It was there last year when Hot Toys displayed the Batmobile on it s own at one of the shows.That,and the fact that the blurb makes specific mention of the film,makes me wonder if they ve had a problem with the rights for the series.But it s got the Batusi hands from Hey riddle diddle,the first TV episode,so perhaps I'm reading too much into it.
I think you're reading way too much into this. These figures are more from Batman: The Movie it seems judging off the accessories of Batman. Plus that's a pretty minor detail really, the overall logo is still basically the same except on the show Batman was written in white rather than in yellow.

It's not those retailers' fault, though. Sideshow releases these to them in smaller numbers so they can get more folks to buy from them directly. So, customers all start thinking the same way you do. It's just a better deal to go through Sideshow, get the cheap shipping and rewards points.
It looks like things are heading in that direction. I've bought pretty religiously from Alter Ego Comics over the years, partly in protest of the hoops Sideshow makes (made?) you jump through to ship to a non-billing/work address. I was okay with that because AE normally had slightly discounted prices, which partially offset their increased shipping costs resulting from packaging everything inside an outer shipping box. AE also offers rewards, but their rate is only 2% while Sideshow's is 5%. I still ordered from Sideshow for really pricey things because of their flex pay option and for exclusives. AE offered flex pay for a very short period of time, but sadly it didn't last.

This time around I noticed that AE didn't discount '66 Batman and Robin and they also aren't advertising them on their front-page, but I still pre-ordered both figures there because I had a $100 coupon from years of buying from them.

With Sideshow decreasing allotments to retailers (i.e., no discounts) combined with Sideshow's higher rewards and their flex pay option--the latter of which is almost a necessity with figure prices these days--it looks like a no-brainer to stick with Sideshow. I do like to support small businesses though and Alter Ego has been great.

I plan on just picking up Robin.
I feel like he would still look good beside more modern batman versions.

I just love the classic Robin look. Comic artists seem to feel the same way too.

That's something I was thinking about earlier, as well. This'll be the first high-end, 1/6th scale Robin produced, officially, in any capacity, will it not? I can see that making it somewhat sought after by fans of multiple iterations (partially because the suit is so similar to the classic interpretation, as you stated).

Quick question; Which Catwoman will be made if they go further with the line?

That's something I was thinking about earlier, as well. This'll be the first high-end, 1/6th scale Robin produced, officially, in any capacity, will it not? I can see that making it somewhat sought after by fans of multiple iterations (partially because the suit is so similar to the classic interpretation, as you stated).

My LCS has a 1/6 statue of Burt Ward-Robin...it looks pretty damn good. Not sure who released it though. It's been there for ages, too.

AFX says they are pre sold out of both figs...

"Sorry we are presold out of both. They have been removed from our site. Thank you. "

Does any UK collectors know what retailers get their stock the quickest?
OSB, TGTH&TR, or collectable kitbash?

Haven't pre-ordered these yet, but would like to soon! :)

Sideshow must be having issues with their site. Trying to order them right now and am getting an internal server error message.

Too bad we probably will not be seeing any villains. Catwoman and Penguin would have been nice. And Riddler and Joker and Batgirl...sigh. We should probably thank our lucky stars for the Batmobile.

Joker will be released--mark my words. Not so sure about the others, but. . .Hot Toys loves them some Joker. We've already seen, what, 5 different Joker figures? With another DX on the way.

AFX says they are pre sold out of both figs...

"Sorry we are presold out of both. They have been removed from our site. Thank you. "

Good thing I ordered when I did. Like I said in a previous post, they tend to sell out quickly because of their prices. Keep checking Toy Anxiety. They should have them up eventually, they're usually late to the game. Although this is the first time I have seen AFX sell out of an item before Toy Anxiety has them up. If they have them for a discount.
Although these are relatively cheap figures, I have a feeling they will go for a large premium on the secondary market once they're sold out.
So those that say these figures are being sold with no discount, well the only place that had a discount for now is sold out. And again the reason SS has "cheap" shipping is because it is cheap. They don't pack it.

Last edited:
It's crazy how quickly these sold out everywhere. I am happy I placed my order with BBTS once I got the email from SS.

Back