Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually never liked the T One thousand.
It makes the Second film much more unrealistic than the first.

So I hope they make a Cyberdyne/final battle version before the T-1000

It won't happen dude ............ they'll release a "must buy" (Clean T-800) followed by supporting characters and end it with another "must buy"

It won't happen dude ............ they'll release a "must buy" (Clean T-800) followed by supporting characters and end it with another "must buy"

I can dream right! ;)

But this even more justifies my black gloves, M79 and bandolier kit bash.

edit: I might buy a sarah connor character, depends on how good it turns out...

Yeah, but for the M79 pose I dont need the Minigun, he has already dropped the M134 when he start to 'thomp' those 40 mills.
The black gloves only cost me 5 dollars thanks to some ebay skills ;) And I think I know a way to get a M79 pretty cheap (I Dont know if that version is able to break open which is needed by the pose).. All in all i can get away with Black gloves, M79 and custom bandoiler for about 50 dollars. Seems fair?

My dream is this, HT will make a DX version so that I can make him look at the M79 while realoding it, I also hope they will include battle damaged head with light up and normal head with PEERS. Body with BD chest and BD knee / endo-leg maybe even ripped arm, plus cloths that cover BD scenes of the steelmill and clothes that cover the scenes at Cyberdyne. Dream weapons are, M134, M79, Hawk MM-1 Gas grenade launcher (For the gas gun scene we need a second BD head version without light up and only slightly damaged skin) and of course the Colt .45 for the Hasta la vista scene. Drool!!

Well basically, my point is that it's not a matter of accurracy. There's been a few people to comment about this figure not including parts beyond Dyson's house and that making it an inaccurrate figure. It may not be what they want or wished it came with, but like I said, the black t-shirt's absence is the only inaccurracy, otherwise it would be accurrate for what it's made to represent. It's not inaccurrate, just less inclusive than some would like.

So I hope they make a Cyberdyne/final battle version before the T-1000

Indeed, T-1000 and Sarah are highly likely to be next, or whatever they make, it'll come out before BD T-800. It comes down to strategy again. T-800 in any form is the sure seller of this line, so you start the line with the basic one to excite people and get them into it, you sell a few more figures after it, ones that maybe don't sell so great at first, but then you release the final figure, a suped up BD T-800 and you get big sales of that plus it's release makes people not getting figures in the middle start to think, oh I need those guys, can't just have T-800s, and this line feels more complete with both T-800s so I should by all the figures in it.

Live I've said, HT's very smart at working their customers.

I found a guy in sweden that will assembel
and paint the Tamiya harley for
700 dollars. All together a bit over
1000 dollars. Thats alot of money!
But do you guys really think we will
se a replica with this level of
detail?

I actually talked to Eric from Toys2 last night and asked if he knew anyone and he says $700 seems rather expensive as his guy charges a lot less but he mainly does complex gundam models so not likely interested in making bikes.
I would recommend to keep asking around locally cause I think if sideshow manages to sell a painted Millenium Falcon for $800 and the model is $200 and still manages to make a profit on top of the artist $700 seems just a bit too high. If you want I can ask this other hobby store I used to go to as I know they had several guys painting model cars many years back. But I still think you should be able to locate another local for less maybe through a local forum for model making?

I actually talked to Eric from Toys2 last night and asked if he knew anyone and he says $700 seems rather expensive as his guy charges a lot less but he mainly does complex gundam models so not likely interested in making bikes.
I would recommend to keep asking around locally cause I think if sideshow manages to sell a painted Millenium Falcon for $800 and the model is $200 and still manages to make a profit on top of the artist $700 seems just a bit too high. If you want I can ask this other hobby store I used to go to as I know they had several guys painting model cars many years back. But I still think you should be able to locate another local for less maybe through a local forum for model making?

Yeah, im going to look some more before paying 700 dollars ;) Yeah, sure if you want you can check with your sources, thanks. But as you said a local talent should be best, the problem is that Swedes are so damn expensive :p

I just looked on some german shops for pre-order and THIS one https://www.toy-palace.com/product_info.php?info=p5090_Terminator-2--T-800-1-6-Scale-Collectible-Figur.html seems to have the best price at 160€ and it got some nice pics, even if these are the normal ones stitched together:

image_S900815_2.jpg

image_S900815_3.jpg

image_S900815_4.jpg

image_S900815_5.jpg

I´ll definatly have a more precise look on this, the next months, ´til it comes out...

I just looked on some german shops for pre-order and THIS one https://www.toy-palace.com/product_info.php?info=p5090_Terminator-2--T-800-1-6-Scale-Collectible-Figur.html seems to have the best price at 160€

I´ll definatly have a more precise look on this, the next months, ´til it comes out...

I used to buy a couple of times from toy-palace a couple of years ago when I was still collecting Hasbro and Mcfarlane figs, they have (or at least had back then) great customer service.
For 160€ however, you can get the T-800 from ebay as soon as he's released, probably even for around 130-140€, so even if you don't luck out and have to pay customs, you shouldn't be paying more than 160€ in the end, with the advantage of probably getting him a couple of months earlier.

I just looked on some german shops for pre-order and THIS one https://www.toy-palace.com/product_info.php?info=p5090_Terminator-2--T-800-1-6-Scale-Collectible-Figur.html seems to have the best price at 160€ and it got some nice pics, even if these are the normal ones stitched together

Same pics as before but blending them together like that is pretty cool. The last one where he's standing arms by his side and with the fist hands is still my favourite followed by the lower angle shots of his face. Totally Arnie. Can't wait to see the Tech Noir haircut on the T1 figure.

Last edited:
Absolutly, a-dev. My favorite too.
:)

@agonistes86: I would if I woundn´t have made such bad experience with ordering from foreign countries, so I guess it´s waiting ´til may, or june...except:

You got a decent seller on ebay for that, so that I could get it near release?

I am sure if you ask here who is a trusted ebay seller you get good advise. From what I remember Goodshipped and Studiosunny are mentioned all the time. But I am sure the actual ppl with experience can shine in. BTW I did buy some DX01 Joker Shoes and socks but strangely did not get the first shipment and had it reshipped though it is entirely possible that he forgot to send it in the first place :p But I did get it in the end so can't be much of a scam ;)

BTW my el-cheapo Fat Boy is on it's way :D Just have to wait so darn long for this Arnie to finally show up and ride it :p

Last edited:
Absolutly, a-dev. My favorite too.

@agonistes86: I would if I woundn´t have made such bad experience with ordering from foreign countries, so I guess it´s waiting ´til may, or june...except:

You got a decent seller on ebay for that, so that I could get it near release?

I only got one complete HT fig from Hong Kong so far, which was the TDK original suit Batman. I got him from studiosunny, didn't have any problems, and didn't have to pay customs or taxes.
I have often ordered figure parts from other asian dealers though and never had problems with them either.

But like Geil said, if you just ask around here you'll problably get a lot of names of trusted names, some of the sellers are even members here.

I would recommend Goodshipped and Studiosunny, they are both great ebay seller, especially you have problems with your purchase.

Ive bought from both and recommended both in the past, but I can no longer endorse StudioSunny. My bad experience may just be one, so you may find them alright, but I wont deal with them anymore. Especially because I had problems with three of my purchases and my eight emails have only been ignored, so I am of the notion their customer service sucks, plain and simple. In fact, anytime I see someone recommending StudioSunny I will post a similar reply.

Thx guys for the tips and heads up.

btw: awesome board here. Really great communication and all.
I went on a few english speaking forums before, but always felt cast out, but here it´s kinda different, so thx for being the way you are.
guess this hobby connects, you know what I´m speaking of, right geil?!^^

back to the subject: I now know where I ordered with such a disappointing outcome: the seller was budgetcaptain and has 1004 ratings, 99.4% positive and it was for the Revoltech MP EVA Weapon Edition and he said that he shipped it 3 times, but here arrived nothing and I got my adress through to him correct.
Negotiations went to long, he kinda became annoying and b****y and then even the customer protection from paypal expired.
With a hot toys piece that would be a little more bad, like 130, or 140€ in the trashcan?

Although those shops look great, many pieces to use for him, like cyberdyne shootout, or Dyson after-reveal scene.
I´ll save them and watch out.

How much did you guys orderer through the one, or the other?

thx, fellas

Ive bought from both and recommended both in the past, but I can no longer endorse StudioSunny. My bad experience may just be one, so you may find them alright, but I wont deal with them anymore. Especially because I had problems with three of my purchases and my eight emails have only been ignored, so I am of the notion their customer service sucks, plain and simple. In fact, anytime I see someone recommending StudioSunny I will post a similar reply.

You are not alone. They seem to get negative/neutral feedback quite steadily and I myself have had a few very unpleasant experiences with them in the past. I wont buy from them ever again...
They've given me some pretty weird excuses when asking about my orders :monkey4

Nowadays I do have a trusted seller (in China) with whom I do all my Hot Toy related business with. We have been in business for about three years and nowadays he usually gives me a 20-30USD discount from the list price and even has sent me a christmas card every year. So I'm quite happy with him ;)

What´s his name, elämän?
I´d love to have a near on release purchase.
Can´t wait ´til june to get it in germany...

Well, I intentionally didn't post his name.
Out of courtesy I will have to ask him before I start blowing his horn around here.
This could be a good place to promo/expand his business, but sometimes these forums tend to have a negative side to them also. He may not want his name here. I'll ask...

Back