Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my current set up. Obviously didn't go with a specific scene rather than the character itself. I like it.
Terminator1_zps3e35649b.jpg

WTF Photobucket? I have no idea why it is posting sideways....

I love that McFarlane figure. Major nostalgia attached to that one. I don't have one stock anymore though. I put the NECA head on it.

Ok ive had this figure in an open area so I have a lot of dust on it what can i use to clean his jacket and pants thanks

Those who remain fans of the MMS117 sculpt I highly recommend you at least upgrade to the new body. The clothes fit it just fine and allow you to see the improved shoulder slope. Additionally the old headsculpt no longer looks like a pinhead.

I've just tried it (MMS117 headsculpt) on the DX body and I'll be damned if it doesn't look pretty ****ing good! Its tighter on that DX neck but in being so it closes unsightly gaps that you see with the DX head on that neck. Only problem with the tightness is turning the head is more difficult and might cause paintrubs on the neck.

Gonna try and take pics but I'm finding it hard to get a kind of light I need to show this off.

In summary - upgrade your MMS bodies to the new muscle body and get the DX10 shades.

Those who remain fans of the MMS117 sculpt I highly recommend you at least upgrade to the new body. The clothes fit it just fine and allow you to see the improved shoulder slope. Additionally the old headsculpt no longer looks like a pinhead.

I've just tried it (MMS117 headsculpt) on the DX body and I'll be damned if it doesn't look pretty ****ing good! Its tighter on that DX neck but in being so it closes unsightly gaps that you see with the DX head on that neck. Only problem with the tightness is turning the head is more difficult and might cause paintrubs on the neck.

Gonna try and take pics but I'm finding it hard to get a kind of light I need to show this off.

In summary - upgrade your MMS bodies to the new muscle body and get the DX10 shades.
I'm fine with mine as it is. :lol

I'm sure the tweaks / swaps help, but I'm not fussed.

Looking forward to the pics of this, I was thinking about this myself but did'nt see the need as I prefer the dx10 as a total package anyway, but like you said for those who prefer the mms head its sounds like a good option.

Yeah me too, I doubt I will touch my MMS, he looks fine and I will look foward to the seeing the difference in sculpts body clothes etc. The MMS is still a great piece no matter what.

That said - it is cool to see what improvements can be made to a figure, for sure. I'll also say though, that there are figures out there much more deserving of scrutiny than the great MMS-117 - that either enjoy unconditional praise, or get let off the hook far too easily (SSC SW). :lol

The MMS is still a great piece no matter what.
Right on. :hi5:

Last edited:
Heres pics of the MMS117 head on a DX10 body. The jacket is also from MMS117 (and yes I know its missing a silver stud on the collar)

zzIMG_1448.jpg

zzIMG_1452.jpg

zzIMG_1454.jpg

zz.jpg

and DX10 shades:

zzIMG_1462.jpg

zzIMG_14661.jpg

zzIMG_14662.jpg

zzIMG_14663.jpg

Now, I didn't actually secure the head onto the neck. Its only sitting atop it with the neck pushed up into it a little and friction holding it on. However I'm 90% certain a balljoint would make it fully compatible. As I mentioned previously though its a tight fit, making movement maybe a bit more restricted and liable to cause marks or paintrubs on the neck.

I had taken comparison pics alongside a figure with the MMS117 head on its own body but to be honest the pics didn't really show up the difference.

Back