Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It surpasses HT quality in ways I'm not sure it really needed to IMO if it could have meant keeping the price down more. However, I'll own it.

Yay, just got my T800 today, even though it was listed as new on Ebay by the seller, it looks like it has been opened before, box was not in perfect shape with some dents and scratches. There was no plastic wrapping around the head and extremities at all that most HT figs seem to have when they are packaged, but other than that, everything seems to be good, just happy I finally got this.

Wish I picked it up when it was first released. Now, to get that T1000!

6561800333_712976b350_b.jpg

6561799647_2ac42c854b_b.jpg

6561801037_723f2948cf_b.jpg

Congrats mate I'm anxiously waiting for the new year when I've got enough money to pick one up also. Does suck that's it's so much more expensive to pick one up now though compared when it was released but I think this figure is worth it :)

I haven't been attacked like this since I had 16 posts... AAGGHHHH. Shoo! :slap

Hot Toys definitely has the edge over Enterbay in terms of tailoring and overall fabrication. The added real leather on the Enterbay is as appealing to me as their attempt at Jack Sparrow with Medicom's voice gimmick. So Enterbay has a better likeness than the Hot Toys figure, which already had a great likeness to begin with. But so does Neca, in that respect. I just don't see the appeal in that oversized Enterbay fig. A great likeness and iffy everything else just doesn't cut it.

Its the size. To pay that money you have to be pretty well into Terminator and also like 1/4 scale.

Yeah... I know. But I don't see much of a market for 1/4 scale I guess. And the paint only equals HT's quality because of the size, as well.

I think the likeness on HT's is off just as much as EB's... but HT's wins for getting almost everything else right in the 1:6 scale, while EB fails on almost everything else and they have about 7" more figure to work with, the jacket sucks, the sunglasses suck... the price point sucks too.

I really don't get all the admiration of Enterbay's Arnie and I still don't get the love of that scale.

I am glad I got HT's at retail because clearly it is still a figure people love and sadly pay a load more than retail to get now, it's one of favorite figures I own.

M.

I really don't get all the admiration of Enterbay's Arnie and I still don't get the love of that scale.

I love both, but regardless of scale, I feel the EB captures the proportions and shape and likeness of Arnold in T2 better than HT. The HT figure is a bit oversized because of using a body that suits T1 as well, and as nice as their portrait is, something about it gives him an older appearance than he should have for the time period.

Back