Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching T1 right now. I have watched all other terminator movies but this one and now this one kinda seems more like a comedy than a horror flick. And man the hair is big!
:lol
:borg:

At this price point the pegs should be colored diecast. lol. But yeah, a peg stuck in every hand would save alot of stress. Boiling and hair dryers take a lil piece of my soul every time i use them.

"Where are you going with that bowl of water?"

I don't put the water in a bowl, i do all of my doll cooking on the stove. The spice rack is easier to get to. BR Joker gloves taste best with just a pinch of Taragon and a dash of Cardamon.

Well, depending on your age, the culture you grow up around, and the sorts of movies you're used to seeing, T1 could seem silly to look at, the underlying film is great, but depending on what you're used to, the period it takes place in could seem laughable. The 80s had a very unique look for fashion and hair and can almost seem comical depending on your point of view. I still look at a lot of things about the 80s and can't comprehend that those things were cool and all.

ok maybe I should say parodie :p
- the horror scenes for today's standard are weak of cause when these scenes can even make it into comedy
- I guess because to me T1 is more like T5 since it is the first time I am seeing it seems like a poor rehash of T2, music, script is very similar and many of the one liners are even the same. Of cause in reality T2 was a modern rehash of T1 but watching it the other way around is just hilarious
OK I had to switch watchign something modern noe since the wife rejoined me

ok maybe I should say parodie :p
- the horror scenes for today's standard are weak of cause when these scenes can even make it into comedy
- I guess because to me T1 is more like T5 since it is the first time I am seeing it seems like a poor rehash of T2, music, script is very similar and many of the one liners are even the same. Of cause in reality T2 was a modern rehash of T1 but watching it the other way around is just hilarious
OK I had to switch watchign something modern noe since the wife rejoined me

You waited too long to watch it. It much like SW, holds alot of sentimental value for those who grew up with it. My gfriend, who is 33, missed alot of 'classics' from the 80's. She didn't watch too much when she was a kid. I have gotten her to watch alot of movies from that era that are beloved by many a generation X'r however through adult eyes she simply doesn't 'get it'. I understand where you two are coming from because through my adult eyes, i don't 'get' alot of the crap kids are into these days.

:

Yeah Where I grew up I didn't get to see too many movies and no real comics neither. Movies I saw as child when first released was Black Hole, Empire Strikes Back and Battlestar Galactica oh and Bomd movies :p I guess at the time terminator was a horror flick and reason why I did not know about it

I don't tend to talk about it in this forum where I'm Terminator-centric but Empire Strikes Back is possibly my favourite film of all time. Star Wars was the beginning of my serious collecting.

Same for me. A new Hope was beforey time so I only watched it after the empire. Probably a reason why the MF remains my most favorite ship and X-Wing being the second in line. And the MF attack on the death star in Return is still the best air fight till today! Oops a bit off topic I got here :lol. Sorry never really explored that side of me. Hmmm SW section here I come :rotfl

Same for me. A new Hope was beforey time so I only watched it after the empire. Probably a reason why the MF remains my most favorite ship and X-Wing being the second in line. And the MF attack on the death star in Return is still the best air fight till today! Oops a bit off topic I got here :lol. Sorry never really explored that side of me. Hmmm SW section here I come :rotfl

All the original trilogy was kinda before my time, the first 2 were out before I existed, Jedi was just brand new. I agree with you that space battle in ROTJ has never been beaten. Once they cleaned up the effects a bit it really brought it up to date to IMO be superior to any CG effects we saw in the prequels.

Yeah I don't tend to talk about SW here or ever even go into the SW section. Kinda leave that to rebelscum.

T1 is so much more serious than the rest IMO, but I grew up with it, the 80's can't be touche with movies and music :lecture

I concur. I mean everytime I'm in a nightclub its like its 80s night and its probably been that way since the 80s. As for films, theres just too many modern classics from that decade to name.

T1 is so much more serious than the rest IMO, but I grew up with it, the 80's can't be touche with movies and music :lecture
I've been watching the heck out of Miami Vice recently, and I gotta say that they don't make network cop shows like they used to, either. Surely, the cartoons were way better back in those days.

wow just finished watching T1 and they really reused the script for T2 big time! I thought they had not much to do with each other, other than it being a sequel!

Heres a pic of that custom head we were discussing (pg.961) on an actual body. Must say it looks pretty good!

Via Facebook
35721_415034519053_783349053_4354642_1829243_n.jpg

Back