Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrm. . .maybe that guy modified Dutch by removing his neck, as some have done.

Here's a thought, maybe HT designed this figure so that the proportions match the body size of the Endo?.... So we could imagine the Endo being under the skin. :huh

I'm cool with the size. In fact that pic of the T800 standing next to Dutch really has me 100% sold.... This thing is perfect.

Controversial! I agree it has flaws but bad enough that it sucked?

Yes. If this were last year and within the HT Pred thread, I would've minced my words, but I think the statute of limitations is long passed for this fella. He's a stinker.

But! This isn't the thread for that discussion. It is sorta related though. People seem to think that HT saves the best for last, but the last couple times they tried that - with the Predator license and Big Chap Alien - they under-delivered when it came to the final product.

I just hope that if they're doing the same with Terminator, the Tech Noir won't end up like the Big Chap Alien (arguably the least accurate of the bunch).

Sorry, I forgot that some of us live in Delusionland. :peace

Ah, well let me be the first to welcome you back to the land of the sane.

While I usually am of the "live and let live" philosophy on toy preferences (even toward Medicom lovers :D ), to say that P1 Predator sucks is just beyond the pale. Probably the greatest toy HT has produced.

Hrm. . .maybe that guy modified Dutch by removing his neck, as some have done.

Here's a thought, maybe HT designed this figure so that the proportions match the body size of the Endo?.... So we could imagine the Endo being under the skin. :huh

I would agree there's a chance of that Dutch being one with the modified neck, it will drop the figure's height a fair ammount.

I really don't care much, as the T-800 looks great, if he's bigger than another Arnie figure, doesn't matter to me, I won't be putting them side by side, I just hope within the T2 and T1 lines, there's consistency and also that the other characters look ok with him.

I don't think so, even if the body size matches the endoskull wouldn't fit inside this Arnie sculpt, its too long.

I'm hoping for a complete redo of the endo.

While I usually am of the "live and let live" philosophy on toy preferences (even toward Medicom lovers :D ), to say that P1 Predator sucks is just beyond the pale. Probably the greatest toy HT has produced.

I'm not going to write off his opinion because I agree the P1 has bothersome faults (too small, mask too bulky, dreads have to be modded) and also I think the Big Chap is a very poor attempt at the Alien.

Last edited:

I'm not trying to troll you, karamazov. I really don't like how the Pred 1 turned out. It'll be the last I'll speak of it, though. For now. :D

The T800 though? Very nice. The Tech Noir one will better it, I hope, which would make it the perfect figure. That is, if the DX or BD T800 doesn't do that first.

I'm not trying to troll you, karamazov. I really don't like how the Pred 1 turned out. It'll be the last I'll speak of it, though. For now. :D
Fair enough. :peace

If there was some statute of limitations on criticism, though, I would invite you to discuss it in the Pred thread at some point. I understand that it has flaws as well, but think that it perfectly encapsulates the character and stands head and shoulders above the other figures on my shelf.

Back on topic, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek earlier. I'm not one of those criticizing T2 T-800 as a product here. Though not my favorite version of Arnold as Terminator by a long shot, this thing is a real beauty. Apart from the potential neck issue (i.e. hard to move, looks freaky in default position from the side), I don't have any real issues to speak of based on what we've seen.

I would agree there's a chance of that Dutch being one with the modified neck, it will drop the figure's height a fair ammount.

I really don't care much, as the T-800 looks great, if he's bigger than another Arnie figure, doesn't matter to me, I won't be putting them side by side, I just hope within the T2 and T1 lines, there's consistency and also that the other characters look ok with him.

That's all that matters, uniformity accross the line that is... still, I really think the added height is a good thing. So many people freak out about accuracy.... Arnold may be 6'1" or 6'2" but I always imagined him being much, much taller thanks to the Terminator films.

That's all that matters, uniformity accross the line that is... still, I really think the added height is a good thing. So many people freak out about accuracy.... Arnold may be 6'1" or 6'2" but I always imagined him being much, much taller thanks to the Terminator films.

Yeah, I'm not worried about whether he's exactly Arnie' height, just don't want him to stand out in the crowd like Sideshow Darth Vader stands out among the rest of that line, but going by the Dutch photo, I don't think he's tall enough to be a big deal.

Looking at this shot, while things are a bit skewed in the photo, he seems to stack fine with Joker, Wolverine and Batman.

0102-00315-003b9.jpg

If there was some statute of limitations on criticism, though, I would invite you to discuss it in the Pred thread at some point. I understand that it has flaws as well, but think that it perfectly encapsulates the character and stands head and shoulders above the other figures on my shelf.

Well, half a head above the other figures, maybe :lol The only thing I didn't like about the Pred 1 was that he was way too underscaled for 1/6th. I don't display him directly next to other figures because of the height factor.

Regarding the T800...all I've got to say is that it will be a long wait until Alter Ego gets their order in :D Given the timing though, I might get this right around my birthday at the end of June.

Not to derail the thread but the HT P1, like every other Predator from HT has flaws. Some people can look past them, some can't. But to say it's absolutely perfect would be a lie. Some of the modified figures look better, in some cases EXTREMELY better than the stock figure which obviously means there was room for improvement. Check out dedguy's mods and you'll see what I mean. Also another board member fixed the height problem, yet another flaw with the stock figure. So no.. plasmid ain't nuts and he ain't trolling. He's just being unbiased and honest.

Back