Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very reassuring. Thanks for that. Did yours lose any of its shine like P.'s did? What did you use for the teeth btw? Pics?

Mine has lost no shine. As for the teeth, I used "Krylon Silver Leafing Pen". You can find it at Michaels and I'm sure, at Hobby Lobby as well.

BIG CHAP 1.jpg

BIG CHAP 2.jpg

Just noticed in this blown up pics that I have to paint the inside parts of the teeth as well. (but you can't really see it at normal viewing distances).

Mine has lost no shine. As for the teeth, I used "Krylon Silver Leafing Pen". You can find it at Michaels and I'm sure, at Hobby Lobby as well.
View attachment 330242

Very reassuring and good news – much appreciated. Mine will arrive any day now.

Just to make sure, is this the tool of choice: https://www.krylon.ca/products/leafing-pens , in silver? Does it require any weathering once done, or will the teeth look xeno-natural as soon as they're coated with this?

That's the one, but in silver, of course.

I did nothing to the teeth after applying the silver. It really does make a nice difference.

I was thinking of doing this to the Neca 1/4 Big Chap. Is there a difference between the chrome and silver pens? I see both available but would obviously prefer the more accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps the chrome doesn't have the metal flakes that most silver paints seem to do?

I know that the chrome applies smoothly and actually looks like highly polished "liquid metal".

Perhaps the chrome doesn't have the metal flakes that most silver paints seem to do?

I know that the chrome applies smoothly and actually looks like highly polished "liquid metal".

Hmm, that's a possibility. I may just buy the chrome pen as I already have metallic silver paint on hand. Then I could test it on something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines still soft and pliable as well, no treatment.

I used Mr Metal Color chrome silver on the silver parts, came up a treat.

76811774834032d0f4339104dfbeea36.jpg

Anyone think they used this figure as reference here?

Yeah, the mouth part is particularly HT. That said, the collarbone areas on these look so smooth Jeff Goldblum would want to drip chaos-theory water on it.

Is this an official poster? I think I like it.

I don't think the mouths on the Covenant aliens (at least on the poster) look all that bad. A huge issue with the HT that influences how we see the mouth is the shape of the dome in that area. Thankfully the new beasts don't have that.

probably a "bright" and "new" scot idea of "i'll show you how an alien appeared from nazi basketball players", copying the stages of a classic alien body development, also used by ADI in their "DNA mix" a.k.a. Newborn.

CoolProps-Newborn-Alien-Bust-1-928x483.jpg

2ibiyit.jpg

040810_alien_chestburster_t-300x250.jpg

probably a "bright" and "new" scot idea of "i'll show you how an alien appeared from nazi basketball players", copying the stages of a classic alien body development, also used by ADI in their "DNA mix" a.k.a. Newborn.

CoolProps-Newborn-Alien-Bust-1-928x483.jpg

2ibiyit.jpg

040810_alien_chestburster_t-300x250.jpg

Methinks your rage has unbalanced you, sir.
That looks like an artists interpretation of Giger's creatures and style, is all.

Does anybody know who the artist is?

:lol

Scarier than any CG monster we're about to see in Covenant, I feel I can already say that. Even with the puppet-like crossed fingers. Love the way it's total darkness behind the alien.

Back