Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be a long shot but... does anybody have spare hands and wrist pegs for this guy?

I need the non-bendy right hand, bendy left hand and at least 1 wrist peg.

Guys, I have a MIB Big Chap in Spain zip46800. Nicely priced and ready to go.
Please PM me for enquiries.
Regards,
m.

I'm planning to get this, does anyone know if there's been an issue with the shine being lost or the rubber deteriorating, tearing over time?

I had mine for 9 years before I sold it just recently. Yes the body does mildly lose its shine over time, but nothing crazy like the Dog Alien. And I never saw any deterioration on mine.

I'm planning to get this, does anyone know if there's been an issue with the shine being lost or the rubber deteriorating, tearing over time?

Shine will disappear over time. Paint can peel too, though the rubber underneath may remain intact.

How often did you pose it? Did you keep it out of its box long or was it always displayed?

It's been on display inside a detolf since the day I got it. I don't pose it often, but I've changed displays about 18 times and moved in that time, so its been handled a number of times but not very often.

If you plan extreme poses and/or 'playing' with it often, then I recommend you get something much cheaper to toy with.

So I just picked this guy up yesterday, and MAN, he is awesome! Great representation of the original Big Chap as far as I'm concerned. The inaccuracy nits don't bother me a bit since he has SO MUCH presence standing there next to Ripley.

I know this was much debated last year, but was there ever a consensus on the Mod Podge?

My BC is perfect, no deterioration whatsoever as many others have reported, but he has lost just about all of his shine on the non-hard plastic (i.e. rubber) sections.

Did we decide whether it was a good or a bad idea to apply the Mod Podge to restore shine (even if there was no actual deterioration), or did anyone identify a better alternative? I've read back a few dozen pages, and all I'm really seeing is debate.

Thanks in Advance!

giphy.gif

This is about the only "grail" figure I have left to get, but the rubber body and general age of the figure keep making me hesitate to buy. So this is one where I probably will just cross my fingers and hope they make a newer version instead.

I felt the same way, Dave, but when one appeared on my radar, I had to leap.

I have to say, as I mentioned above, it’s nearly 10 years old and it is just about perfect. The only thing I’m trying to solve is how to get some of the gloss back, and if it’s worth it.

Other than that it’s about as mint as if it rolled out of the HT factory yesterday. And from what I’ve been reading from fellow owners so far, the vast majority of these pieces have held up extremely well. Seems that only a statistical few are having major problems. That said, my sample size is probably too small to make sweeping statements. I’m just glad mine looks great!

Back