Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190315_200434.jpg20190315_200449.jpg20190315_200455.jpg20190315_200511.jpg20190315_200521.jpg

I've had this figure for more than 5 years now...no treatment and rubber still looks perfect...these were taken last week.

I don't think Hot Toys will be ever making a big chap again. Sadly it's time to let mine go..pm me if interested.

Agreed. Mine is still displayed front and center -- one of the Trinity of Modern Monsters!

:exactly:

Actually, mine is next to Ripley on their own shelf with an egg and face hugger and chest-burster as well. Showing the different iterations of the xenomorph and the one that took it down.

Good to hear the rubber is holding up. Even though Stevie Wonder can see this isn't accurate to Giger's design, still a decent looking figure.

Is HT Big Chap still worth buying these days? Is it likely HT will re-release or we will see a Necca 1/6 scale version?

Is HT Big Chap still worth buying these days? Is it likely HT will re-release or we will see a Necca 1/6 scale version?

I would say yes. I bought mine last year and I was blown away by how good it was despite the age (incidentally, I also bought the DX11 Joker at the same time and was let down considering the inflated praise it got). While it's not super accurate, it's the the original Xenomorph from the first movie and the Isolation game.

As for a re-release, I personally don't see HT touching anything Alien, Terminator, Predator or anything that's not Star Wars or MCU and I think I've read that NECA doesn't do 1/6 anymore* (Citation needed).

I’ve been wanting a xenomorph for a while now. What’s the one to go for out of this or the 2016 version?

They're both pretty similar in my view. I think this one has had more QC issues with the rubber mouth, and he isn't quite as stable on his feet, but you can't go wrong with either. I would go with the one from the film you like better if you can get either one.

Back