Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that Scarlet Spider material, it seems pretty flexible. Does anyone know why they haven't switched them all to that?

So that Scarlet Spider material, it seems pretty flexible. Does anyone know why they haven't switched them all to that?
I assume it has to do with the patterns. Scarlet Spider is all one color without major complex color or pattern integration. It’s probably just much easier or cost effective to use what they have.

I assume it has to do with the patterns. Scarlet Spider is all one color without major complex color or pattern integration. It’s probably just much easier or cost effective to use what they have.
Looking back to ASM2 ... there were what looked like two different fabrics used on that thing, a more conventional one for the red and one with some kind of plastic-y coating or applique ... I do imagine it's cheaper to use a one-piece printed vinyl or whatever this is.

Happy with this for now. Spidey in flight. The suit will crease deeply -- experience with the Advanced tells me it could rebound even after months with time and very gentle heat, but this is the posing copy anyway so I care not.

I declare this the current best 1/6th Spidey. Had they done it in a less restrictive and more stretchy material it'd be perfect. As it is ... close enough.
Not sure anything beats Scarlet SM, But this looks real good!

The articulation and overall look on that figure are amazing, with a better suit material -- buuut I have no attachment to the character whatsoever. After my time.
I’ll happily take a Scarlet Spider at a good price. As much as I love Peter, Ben appealed to me more. Still have my old ToyBiz figure of him.

Not sure anything beats Scarlet SM, But this looks real good!

I’ll happily take a Scarlet Spider at a good price. As much as I love Peter, Ben appealed to me more. Still have my old ToyBiz figure of him.
I remember him going up during the Summer Con. He was an exclusive and I decided to hold off a day. He sold out that day or the next and people freaked. Sideshow said relax and the preorder window opened for more orders. I ordered instantly and this is the special nostalgia figure in my collection.

My Spidey is supposed to be delivered on Wednesday! All the pics in this thread are making it both easier and harder during the wait!

Free fall!

sp_9e.png

Green menace will be here this week or next. Wish I got the sideshow email. Who knows how long that will take.

UPS just delivered. Excited to finally have a classic suit Spider-Man in the collection. Will have to take him out and photograph him a bit.

0iMv4Io.jpg
rBI43kR.jpg

Is the box thinner than normal Hot Toys? It's unusual they go wide/squarish with the box instead of their normal rectangular boxes.

Is the box thinner than normal Hot Toys? It's unusual they go wide/squarish with the box instead of their normal rectangular boxes.
Nope! Feels the same as all their boxes. The reason it's wider for this is due to the length of the scorpion tail. It runs diagonal from bottom left to top right. Wouldn't work with their normal boxes since it would be extremelly tall.

Just a quick out of the box shot but man do I love how this looks. I really wish this was fabric since the way it brunches up in certain places is ugly but it feels like it might be a bit more forgiving than something like the Man of Steel suit which 100% dents if posed in any way for a long time.

Will do some poses and some photography later.

GsqHgFU.jpg

Great pic! Shows off the colours nicely in the natural light. Can’t wait to get my hands on mine. This will be the only Spidey I’m ever going to need. is anyone doing a custom unmasked head sculpt for this?

Back