Hot Toys Mandalorian N-1 Starfighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three of those need checking off
Hot Toys prototypes updated .jpg

How many of us could actually display something like this? I’m at the point now where every new PO will ultimately struggle to find a spot on the shelves.

I’d assume it would cost around double the DeLorean so between £1,200-£1,500 as I’d have to buy in the U.K. due to size and weight which would be a manageable expense spaced out over the inevitable two year wait time for something I truly loved.

This just isn’t iconic enough a vehicle for me but an X-Wing or Tie Fighter… that would have me sweating. Maybe even Anakin and Sebulba’s pod racers would entice me but then I’d need to build a garden display room to display
them side by side.

Stuff like this just can’t be practical for the majority of HT’s customer base so they’d never take the risk of putting it up for sale.
As much as I'd also love this. I have a feeling this is also why they added the dimensions to that Instagram reel movie.

It's clearly massive, and bigger than most initially envisage in their mind.

Sizewise it's at least double the size and plastic volume of the DeLorean, so I'd also estimate roughly twice the price.

Hot Toys rarely goes over the €1000 psychological price limit. Except perhaps for something as big and popular as Hulkbuster.

I was looking at my Hulkbuster and as big as it is, it's nowhere near this size. However on the other hand this starship could be pretty easily broken down into smaller pieces to probably fit into a Hulkbuster size box....so that keeps my hope at around 5% chance.

Out of those I'd say...

Likely to release:

'Geonosis' Padme
Airborne Trooper
212th Clone Trooper
Battle Droid
R5-D4

Always a possibility, even if unlikely:

Kit Fisto
Poe Dameron
Baze Malbus
Range Trooper
Mimban Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper Sergeant
Death Star Trooper (because of headsulpt)
1:4 scale Stormtrooper

No chance:

TIE Fighter v. 1
TIE Fighter v. 2
Rey's Speeder
Falcon Cockpit
TFA C3PO
Solo Chewie
The R4 Droid

...How much do you guys think this would actually cost? My guesstimate is north of $5000?.....?

The JazzInc Batwings are $2500 (‘89) and $3500 (‘16). I think with the right volume, this could be done at $3500 but $5000 is also a realistic guess. Somewhere between the two.

But it might as well cost 30 unicorn horns because there’s no way they’re making it.

There's a dude arguing with me on Instagram telling me that 1) this will actually be released, and 2) it will cost $1500. He's clearly drunk

You are very kind for assuming it’s a substance related issue and not something worse. Not worth your time arguing with people like that.

The Hulkbuster would cost that if it were being put up for preorder today.

$1500 would get you the cockpit and droid socket.

I've said it before, but I would love for HT to do 1/12 and 1/24 style ships.

They did, once. The Crawfish Bat didn’t sell that well. It was a weird vehicle to make anyway but I don’t think they’ll make any more after that.

I remember when they teased a Helicarrier model back in 2014. Kind of wish they had made that.

Another option outside of the crowdfunding option Haslab style- HT could include parts of the N-1 as a deluxe option for a group of figures. Buying all the deluxe figures gives a complete build of the N-1, and if someone doesn’t want the N-1 they could have the standard versions. Also would allow HT to sell less popular figures by including N-1 parts for those that want it.
But they’ll never do that so I’m wasting my breath.

You are very kind for assuming it’s a substance related issue and not something worse. Not worth your time arguing with people like that.

The Hulkbuster would cost that if it were being put up for preorder today.

$1500 would get you the cockpit and droid socket.

He told me that "i haven't been paying attention" and that HT has really "upped their game lately" due to competition. And as a result, they WILL be making this. And he's been a collector for TEN years so he knows what he's talking about. :LOL:

He told me that "i haven't been paying attention" and that HT has really "upped their game lately" due to competition. And as a result, they WILL be making this. And he's been a collector for TEN years so he knows what he's talking about. :LOL:

If upping their game means giving away two thirds of a 1:6 scale vehicle, then sure. I think we’d all be paying attention if that happened because it’d mean the company has gone completely off the rails.

Good number of folks here have been collecting Hot Toys for about 10 years (I’m at 11). Pretty odd to say that authoritatively to double down on a bad take. :lol

Scratch that. Tell them they should start a YouTube channel about 1:6 market speculation, inside scoops, and predictions. They’d fit right in.

The DeLorean is $825 and over two feet long. This ship isn't any more complex than that car. It's significantly larger, but not by as much as one might think just looking at the dimensions because alot of the "size" is in those thin pointy rods. I think it's safe to assume that this would cost less than three DeLoreans so less than $2500 and that is being conservative. I would say right around $2000, maybe a bit more.

But Hot Toys aren't making this so...

tumblr_ohm053VRDb1r4q876o3_250.gif

You know, I lurk a lot on various Reddit forums and I can tell you this, just from that: delusional and generally whackadoo ideas are EVERYWHERE nowadays. People are crazy. They are seriously, seriously nuts and one of the main ways you can tell is this current idea that just thinking/saying something translates an idea into reality.

*Hillary Clinton runs a worldwide pedophilic cabal, runs all forms of government both here and in Europe and yet somehow failed to be elected president
*Rudy Giuliani is a god-emperor, the smartest man ever and the epitome of male excellence
*If a woman has sex with one man, her vag molds to his, er, well.... and is cast in stone forever, fitting him and only him
*John Kennedy Jr is coming back to life in Texas or wherever
*Women are a monolithic block who all think, do and say the same exact thing and also have -all- had 1000+ sexual partners

...And so much more! Its a smorgasbord of unbelievably stupid ideas. And now we have people on Insta making statements like this, as if what they think has a single bearing on reality either.

I think not.

I expect to see your correspondent with his own YouTube channel soon, tho. Source: am HT collector for oh.... about ten years now. ;)

My mate who knows I collect so started following HT on Facebook to see al the latest figures I may be getting sent me the video of this asking how much I thought it would cost and where I could fit it.

He’s still innocent and naive to the fudgery of Hot Toys

While I don't want the whole ship, the cockpit would be cool to have and that goes for nearly all of the ships. Jazzinc or hot toys could offer while ship or cockpit options and I would probably buy a few but not if they were over 400 since just the cockpit and display shouldn't be that complicated, the back of the seats seem to be greeblies.

Back