Hot Toys Mandalorian N-1 Starfighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting on that R5 and second Jawa...
Waiting.jpg

Amazing pics! Still a bit hard to get a sense of the actual scale without someone standing next to it, like that 1/6 Falcon from a few years back. The photos with onlookers made you realise the enormity of it.
*just saw Hoody's post with the dimensions. Jebus!
Yeah it's not until you pull out a builders ruler and physically see how much 180cm x 120cm really is.

Would still look great on the wall though, and would nicely fit almost from floor to ceiling.......

I'm still waiting on that R5 and second Jawa...
Isn't the Sideshow version able to be found on eBay ? I've had him for years (surrounded by a couple of Jawas), and he's totally serviceable.

edit : quick look at eBay. OK $400 is a bit steep. But maybe some of them are keen to get the cash at the moment. Maybe you could make a lower offer and they'd take it ?

I want the BD droid. It would be fun to have a droids pack with the pit droids and the BD unit.

Isn't the Sideshow version able to be found on eBay ? I've had him for years (surrounded by a couple of Jawas), and he's totally serviceable.

edit : quick look at eBay. OK $400 is a bit steep. But maybe some of them are keen to get the cash at the moment. Maybe you could make a lower offer and they'd take it ?
I picked up an unopened one for £150 shipped on eBay just a couple of months ago. They’re usually £300-400, however they occasionally turn up on there cheaper.

Weird Hot Toys would want to re-do a figure Sideshow nailed the first time around. Quality figure.

They don't have enough sculptors to show off new headsculpts, and the hard surface team hasn't got any new Iron Man's to work on so he's got them doing big show pieces.

They couldn't possibly release him now because he was in ANH. HT makes my piss boil sometimes.

How many of us could actually display something like this? I’m at the point now where every new PO will ultimately struggle to find a spot on the shelves.

I’d assume it would cost around double the DeLorean so between £1,200-£1,500 as I’d have to buy in the U.K. due to size and weight which would be a manageable expense spaced out over the inevitable two year wait time for something I truly loved.

This just isn’t iconic enough a vehicle for me but an X-Wing or Tie Fighter… that would have me sweating. Maybe even Anakin and Sebulba’s pod racers would entice me but then I’d need to build a garden display room to display
them side by side.

Stuff like this just can’t be practical for the majority of HT’s customer base so they’d never take the risk of putting it up for sale.

How many of us could actually display something like this? I’m at the point now where every new PO will ultimately struggle to find a spot on the shelves.

I’d assume it would cost around double the DeLorean so between £1,200-£1,500 as I’d have to buy in the U.K. due to size and weight which would be a manageable expense spaced out over the inevitable two year wait time for something I truly loved.

This just isn’t iconic enough a vehicle for me but an X-Wing or Tie Fighter… that would have me sweating. Maybe even Anakin and Sebulba’s pod racers would entice me but then I’d need to build a garden display room to display
them side by side.

Stuff like this just can’t be practical for the majority of HT’s customer base so they’d never take the risk of putting it up for sale.

Haslab style project. Figure out how many you need to sell to make it worthwhile and how much it would cost. Payment up front, 12 month wait.

But I agree, there are other ships I would rather have.

Back