Hot Toys Mandalorian N-1 Starfighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt HT make it, but I think I would actually want Mando's N-1. I'm going to have the space for it and I want to make a big diorama. I just snagged Rey's speeder from a fellow collector and I could see this being cool if Jazz made it. 😎

I'm not a person who dresses up as a storm trooper but I think the sideshow troops are more than serviceable for a toy collection. I kind of regret not picking up that commander figure now but at the time I was under the impression hot toys were going to start cranking out OT figs which they really didnt IMO.

Now they seem to be going down the same hole that medicom and sideshow did with clone trooper variants. As an OT collector I dont care about those at all, but I feel those 2 companies took that as loss of interest in star wars generally and then moved away from star wars altigether.
Sideshow OT Troopers were hit and miss. The big misses were the Stormtrooper (and its painted variants) and Sandtroopers - on short, they were on floppy bodies, inaccurate weird looking helmets, wide chest armors, tiny cod pieces etc. The good troopers were the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver, not perfect, but very close to Hot Toys quality. And in the middle was the Snowtrooper, which was worse than the HT version, but with some upgrades it could be almost as good.

So Joost from Jazzinc was on a live stream with Norm from Adam Savage's Tested and toward the end his future Star Wars projects were discussed. Joost said that the Jedi Starfighter from Episode III was at the top his list. Norm then asked about Mando's N-1 and Joost said it would vault to the top of his list but he doesn't want to go near it until it's an absolute certainty that Hot Toys isn't going to follow through on their prototype and release it. So it sounds like he'll be letting his Facebook group choose between the Jedi Starfighter and a Pod Racer (Anakin's?) from Episode I later this year, with the N-1 to be tackled at some point in 2024. He said in no uncertain terms that if HT doesn't make the N-1 then he will. So it looks like I have a couple of years to figure out how to hang it above my pool table. :lol Check the video starting @ the 1:01:45 mark for the relevant SW discussion.

Sideshow OT Troopers were hit and miss. The big misses were the Stormtrooper (and its painted variants) and Sandtroopers - on short, they were on floppy bodies, inaccurate weird looking helmets, wide chest armors, tiny cod pieces etc. The good troopers were the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver, not perfect, but very close to Hot Toys quality. And in the middle was the Snowtrooper, which was worse than the HT version, but with some upgrades it could be almost as good.

Snowtrooper Commander is pretty decent too.

IMG_7900.JPG

What thread is this ???
Relax, the slightly off topic discussions were calm and friendly, unlike others on this forum. But we can ask the mods to delete the off topic posts in each thread and then those threads will only have half a dozen posts. :peace

Relax, the slightly off topic discussions were calm and friendly, unlike others on this forum. But we can ask the mods to delete the off topic posts in each thread and then those threads will only have half a dozen posts. :peace
Don't worry I'm totally relaxed. Was just reading and thought hang on what thread am I in ??

Back