Hot Toys Mandalorian N-1 Starfighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you seen how big a 1/6 Tie Fighter actually is ?

I remember this was shown in 2015 which got much the same chatter as the N1 this year. Also never saw the light of day, just like the Falcon Cockpit, JL Batmobile, etc etc

4411.jpg

I think every hot toys Mando fan who could afford this would buy it.. I'm sure if kept at a low production like a limited edition or something it would sell out

I think every hot toys Mando fan who could afford this would buy it.. I'm sure if kept at a low production like a limited edition or something it would sell out
I wouldn’t. Too big to display anywhere. Would rather spend the same money on a dozen new characters. Not an iconic enough vehicle. Never getting made anyway.

The lower the number made, the less of a return they get on all the production that would go into this. So they’d have to hit a happy medium between selling well and not having them sit around.

Which would be really difficult to gauge with something like this.

They could do a preorder only model but that would have its drawbacks.

Still can’t see it happening honestly.

Mando is popular but it’s hard to see this somehow breaking the precedent set by every other large vehicle they’ve teased.

Yeah I’ve seen that before! WAAAANT!! 🤘🏻
Sounds like you need to get yourself a big 3D printer. There is a guy who made the cockpit on here somewhere. Just search for 1/6 Tie Fighter. He's done various stuff.

IzzyMel. He made the whole thing.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/star-wars-1-6-scale-builds.194476/
JazzInc is working on a cockpit which will be a must have for me.

If the whole ship gets made then I’ll definitely want it, but finding the space for it would be difficult. Logistics on that would be pretty crazy unless the solar collector/wing panels come disassembled.

The lower the number made, the less of a return they get on all the production that would go into this. So they’d have to hit a happy medium between selling well and not having them sit around.

Which would be really difficult to gauge with something like this.

They could do a preorder only model but that would have its drawbacks.

Still can’t see it happening honestly.

Mando is popular but it’s hard to see this somehow breaking the precedent set by every other large vehicle they’ve teased.
It seems SS people are promote this N1 quite aggressively. But pretty sure from my observation vast majority of collectors out there are still on the fence getting those Clone Wars speeders due to price and space. There is no way this N-1 falls under $800 price-tag, and obviously does not factor in tax and shipping cost...

It seems SS people are promote this N1 quite aggressively. But pretty sure from my observation vast majority of collectors out there are still on the fence getting those Clone Wars speeders due to price and space. There is no way this N-1 falls under $800 price-tag, and obviously does not factor in tax and shipping cost...
The one advantage this has over those other vehicles is it can be suspended from above and potentially wouldn’t take up additional floor space. For example, I have a pool table in my basement under a drop ceiling. Hanging this above it would be relatively simple. That said, there’s no way HT releases this thing. It’s the 1/6 TDKR “The Bat” all over again.

Hot Toys just announced a Morbius figure.

I take back everything I said. Hot Toys is making this. Hell has frozen over.

@noheddardstark - Go block that guy on Instagram because he’s going to be insufferable.

IT’S NABOOIN’ TIME.

D07F7150-7177-4995-9EC4-14ABE83457C3.gif

No I don’t actually think this is being made. But the odds went up by like 2%.

The spindly makeup of this thing makes it doable but it's not going to happen. Close up video of the proto isn't terribly impressive.

Boy, I thought we'd seen the end of that ugly BOBF resculpt/repaint of R5D4 when they showed ANH R5 next to the Naboo fighter display - and I actually thought "wow, we are now close to a PO with ANH R5, maybe at SDCC."

Then.... boom, Sideshow trots out that damn BOBF R5 again for this video. Suddenly made me think maybe both R5s are just window dressing all over again.:gah:

They do seem to be talking this up a bit more than usual, I agree. Probably just hollow marketing to get some hype out of it.

Definitely would be a lot more than that price wise. Shipping would be a lot even if the box comes in at about 1989 Batmobile size with disassembly.

I think speeder bikes are the biggest they could really go, and even those not everyone has room for like you said. But they make exceptions if it’s important to them.

Can’t easily make an exception for something this size. It’d be an extraordinarily niche item.

I still think it would look great on a wall. It is flat and would obviously take up less space in the room.

I have my 1/43 scale DeAgostini self build Millennium Falcon on the wall on a projector mount to achieve various angles / poseability if needed.

It's about 850mm (33 inches) in length.

In any case I still also believe this won't be made, like all the others. Massive tooling cost for low sales numbers just wouldn't make business sense.

IMG_4406.JPG

Hot Toys just announced a Morbius figure.

I take back everything I said. Hot Toys is making this. Hell has frozen over.

@noheddardstark - Go block that guy on Instagram because he’s going to be insufferable.

IT’S NABOOIN’ TIME.

View attachment 589585

No I don’t actually think this is being made. But the odds went up by like 2%.
It'll be about as successful as the Morbius theatrical re-release, I'm sure.

Back