Hot Toys- Man of Steel new teaser images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left = Superman like
Right = Superman done right!

8791778905_b04ec182c5.jpg

Saw this and got a good laugh! :lol

superman-tide.jpg

...Why are people so OBSESSED with those damn red shorts, its like a disease! [not you, Viking]

Red shorts were ok for the Reeve Superman, eternal respect for him but this is NOW, OMG enough with this craziness about a costume from the 1940s or whenever. Brighter brights would not fit in with the overall feel of this movie.

But yes, I agree that is a funny pic. :lol

...Anyone else have the feeling that Jor-El is going to be the HT Odin of this figure set? They should have Supes, Zod and Faora and *then* if there's enough interest, do the Russel Crowe character.

Or maybe we will all be picking up a bunch of bargain Jor-Els, who knows. :p

...Anyone else have the feeling that Jor-El is going to be the HT Odin of this figure set? They should have Supes, Zod and Faora and *then* if there's enough interest, do the Russel Crowe character.

I have a gut feeling that HT was just itching to do a Russell Crowe likeness above all else, hence, their decision.

I agree about this. Zod should have been one of the first. I have a hunch Jor-El will be a secondary character like Odin was.

I agree about this. Zod should have been one of the first. I have a hunch Jor-El will be a secondary character like Odin was.

But think about how the Avengers were released.

Nick Fury
Hawkeye
Cap Avengers
Thor
Loki
Black Widow
IM Mark VII
HULK

What most would consider 2 of the least popular ( maybe not here ) were released 1st and the 2 most popular, were released last.

I've excluded Coulson and anything else that may come out because he came a bit later.

So to me, I think Jor-El will probably be first.

Yeah, unfortunately you can't come out the gate fully swinging. I predict a lot of Jor-El reviews being "sleeper hit", "pics don't do it justice", "must-have", etc to get the hype for Superman even higher than it would be had it just been released first.

Gotta have that appetizer to whet your appetite first.

Ok, they are not releasing Jor-El before Superman. The main character will be released first. If the movie is good and demand is high then Zod will come after Jor-El. Superman will be released first though.

I'm really digging the look of the Zod and Faora quite a bit.

DCC11586.jpg

Very Sauron-esque. And I think that's a good thing.

...Why are people so OBSESSED with those damn red shorts, its like a disease!

Because it reminds them of simpler times when they used to run around wearing their underwear on the outside of their pants and a bedsheet pined around their neck as a cape.

The right one would look silly if he's going for that "Nolan" style.

:exactly:

I've never been a fan of the red Underoos look, outside of the comics. Even with as much as I like the classic Reeve Superman.

...Why are people so OBSESSED with those damn red shorts, its like a disease! [not you, Viking]

Red shorts were ok for the Reeve Superman, eternal respect for him but this is NOW, OMG enough with this craziness about a costume from the 1940s or whenever. Brighter brights would not fit in with the overall feel of this movie.

But yes, I agree that is a funny pic. :lol

I;m not so sure about the "nolanesque feel" of this movie.
One of the longtime board regulars works in hollyweird. He's been talking a great deal about the production process for this movie, as he worked on it.

Long story short, He's shared that Zack Snyder tossed out most of nolan's script for being too "grounded" and too "grimdark". He kept some of the ideas, but felt that nolan's treatment was just "not superman".

WB, on the other hand, are touting Nolan nolan nolan nolan every chance tehy get to ride the coat-tails of the sucsess of the two batman films.

As for his overall look, and lacking trunks.. I THINK that the designers were more trying to translate THIS Superman to the big screen...

superman-style-sheet-new-52-cully-hamner.jpg

as it's his current look.

I;m not so sure about the "nolanesque feel" of this movie.
One of the longtime board regulars works in hollyweird. He's been talking a great deal about the production process for this movie, as he worked on it.

Long story short, He's shared that Zack Snyder tossed out most of nolan's script for being too "grounded" and too "grimdark". He kept some of the ideas, but felt that nolan's treatment was just "not superman".

WB, on the other hand, are touting Nolan nolan nolan nolan every chance tehy get to ride the coat-tails of the sucsess of the two batman films.

As for his overall look, and lacking trunks.. I THINK that the designers were more trying to translate THIS Superman to the big screen...

superman-style-sheet-new-52-cully-hamner.jpg

as it's his current look.

I'm glad someone isn't all obsessed over making everything "grounded in reality" How are you going to groud Superman? The fans are just as fickle as the Hollywood guys trying to milk the concept

I'm glad someone isn't all obsessed over making everything "grounded in reality" How are you going to groud Superman?

You can't really.

I think by judging the way this film has been marketed, as well as Snyder and Nolan being at the controls, sets this up to be an awesome alien guy in tights and a cape, flying around and saving the planet from alien bad guys-kinda movie. :hi5:

Back