Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't measure up to Devil but here's my quick and very small alteration. Enlarged his eyes, shortened and sharpened his chin. (it's a gif):

htmivtonycomp.gif

:lol I don't know why but I added volume to his hair. Not necessary I'm sure. Frankly I think HT did a good job as-is, but those eyes....

Looks better. The animation reminds me of those old time Ghostbusters figures where the eyes bug out, though. :lol

I can't measure up to Devil but here's my quick and very small alteration. Enlarged his eyes, shortened and sharpened his chin. (it's a gif):

htmivtonycomp.gif

:lol I don't know why but I added volume to his hair. Not necessary I'm sure. Frankly I think HT did a good job as-is, but those eyes....

Nice job Plasmid! That does help....

This is worse then the Berserker thread....:yess:
I think the Berserker's complainers have a real right to _____ though, since HT straight up made the guy an inch or so shorter than he was initially supposed to be, and that was a selling point! At least people weren't given illusions from the beginning that this Stark was gonna have some awesome head sculpt. This is just another RDJ miss by HT. No big deal. They'll probably have 4-5 more shots at it before all is said and done.

If I were a cynic, I might say that this was intentional, and is an attempt by HT to sell more Mech Test Tonys that are "clogging the shelves," or would be, were Hot Toys figures sold on shelves. But I'm no cynic. :D

Not liking the headsculpt, but it looks way better with the glasses on.

There they go with the white under iris even though he looking straight on again. They really need to knock that off and it's just incorrect.

Yeah, it does seem incongruous with the sculpture. Not a good habit to get into. Too late.

I would still get one of these, as its gonna be real expensive to get one later on...headsculpt doesnt bother me(its a bonus feature anyway)...its all about the Mark IV suit for me...

I wonder about long-term value. This might be similar enough to the BD Mark 3 that it doesn't get ridiculously expensive. But then, I never would have thought the Mark II would have gotten as popular and pricey as it has.

Sideshow was giving those away in contests at one point in order to move their stock out.

I wonder about long-term value. This might be similar enough to the BD Mark 3 that it doesn't get ridiculously expensive. But then, I never would have thought the Mark II would have gotten as popular and pricey as it has.

Sideshow was giving those away in contests at one point in order to move their stock out.

It seems the ones no one wants are the ones that everyone wants later on...:lol

I've picked up everyone so far and this head sculpt isn't going to stop me from getting this one.. although none of my others except Mech Test have the stark sculpt on anyway.. wait, I do have a RDJ in a suit that's using the first MK III head..

LOL at this thread, yesterday I thought this was a great sculpt. Then people are talking about how this is the best sculpt to date, better than Arnie, and with each new page I see someone new.

I am still getting this for the MK4 suit because it is Boss and I sold my BD MK 3 in anticipation of this figure (since I dont have Mk 1 or 2) so 1 will be enough.

Although I still want an MK2, thing just looks beastly, such a shame the prices are through the roof.

The suit looks like one of the better fitting ones from previous figures. I'm sold on this and the headsculpt doesn't look too bad.

Thinner chin, thicker eyebrows, less fat on cheeks and higher forehead.

But again, Hot Toys are still doing very well on likeness over all. You know who the character is.
Better likeness would be nice but I am still happy with this new head.

I fit into the "easy to please" category, because I think the head looks great. Yeah, I can see a touch of young Eddie Guerrero in there, but it looks like Tony Stark to me, and I prefer it over the Mech Test head, though not by a lot.

Now get them packed up and shipped, Hot Toys!

Back