Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks just awesome.
Discussed with my girlfriend and we both think that the nose, wrinkles from the middle of his eyebrows up to his forehead are off, space between upper lip and nose and wrinkles from his eyes down to the mouth, but nevertheless:
Really great sculpt and can´t wait for him and Rhodey.

Looks as much like Eddie Guerrero as RDJ in the newest pic. Ugh.

:rotfl:rotfl

i can actually see where you're coming from with that

Eddie20Guerrero.jpg

so close yet so far on this one.

Terrible sculpt, honestly, Asian RDJ copycat is what he looks like. Don't get me wrong not trying to diss Asians, i'm from Asia myself.

But this is a poor effort. Mech test was certainly better, but HT could have done better than that also.

I guess the only benefit of doubt i'm willing to give them is that they did better sculpts but for whatever reason those were not approved

Not too bad, but a quick Photoshop job highlights the errors.

Do they sculpt these in clay or do they do it digitally? If they don't do it digitally it makes you wonder why, as changing proportions in a program like ZBrush or Mudbox would be so much faster and easier.

I think that once you have the figure in person, the only inaccuracy you'll immediately notice are the eyes. The rest - small wrinkles, jawline - will be too small to discern anyway.

It'll look great in angles that aren't straight forward.

Liking these shots more, the profile is very strong-

40724_455835222112_638462112_5430813_6469510_n.jpg

75785_455838277112_638462112_5430828_4546062_n.jpg

I think that once you have the figure in person, the only inaccuracy you'll immediately notice are the eyes. The rest - small wrinkles, jawline - will be too small to discern anyway.

It'll look great in angles that aren't straight forward.

These are the best photos I have seen so far. Much better than the offical HT's ones

Not too bad, but a quick Photoshop job highlights the errors.

Do they sculpt these in clay or do they do it digitally? If they don't do it digitally it makes you wonder why, as changing proportions in a program like ZBrush or Mudbox would be so much faster and easier.

Sorry, but your mod looks even less like Robert Downey Jr.

Damn, it's really is hard to please you guys (or perhaps I'm just to easy to impress). I think it looks phenomenal! I'm getting it and will display it like this:

73420_450232832343_58690437343_5821178_2541795_n.jpg
Looks great, but Tony Stark must hold the world record for longest legs of any human being if his feet reach the bottom of that suit.

Seems to me like they did a great job of designing his shoulders to eliminate much of the "gap" seen between the shoulders and the torso in past versions. That gap always bothered me, I'd have to angle the BD Mark III so that it wouldn't be as obvious. But this looks swell straight on!

Nice to see all these pics after just getting home from work ..i agree about the eyes being off..but once those shades go on its problem solved:)

I wonder will this head and neck fit into the mark 3 battle damge??

..and the suit itself looks waaaay better then the proto pics!

Man, I was really excited about this one. I had planned on displaying the Mark IV helmet-less. But this sculpt just plain sucks. Even with the glasses on, it's a far cry from Robert Downey Jr. :( Mech Test was lightyears better. I'm debating canceling and just getting the Mark VI now. And I'm usually not one to complain about things.

There they go with the white under iris even though he looking straight on again. They really need to knock that off and it's just incorrect.

As far as the head goes, I think it's really good.
However, call me mental but I still really love the Mech Test Stark head.

Where's Devil_666 when you need him....

I can't measure up to Devil but here's my quick and very small alteration. Enlarged his eyes, shortened and sharpened his chin. (it's a gif):

htmivtonycomp.gif

:lol I don't know why but I added volume to his hair. Not necessary I'm sure. Frankly I think HT did a good job as-is, but those eyes....

Back