Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Hot Toys has that "Lucas" directive from Marvel, that the sculpt has to look like the character and not so much the actor?

It looks really close to RDJ to me as good as the mech test which I think is great as well. The suit looks even better in production than it did at SDCC. I'm glad the sculpt came out so well but I'm more stoked about the armor.

To me, it looks nothing like Robert Downey Jr. Hot toys mech test version of tony stark head is much better. Who design this anyway? Yulli or Kojun? It sucks.....

To me, it looks nothing like Robert Downey Jr. Hot toys mech test version of tony stark head is much better. Who design this anyway? Yulli or Kojun? It sucks.....

Sucks is most certainly the last word I would use to describe as it clearly does not suck.
Not as good as you expected would be a fairer statement!

I hate posts like this!

A little respect for the artists would be nice.:peace

Those people must have been smoking crack at the time. Don't mind them.

lol, indeed. People were hyping over a blurry picture about how it was the best, and now suddenly it is not.

But seriously, you guys are killing me by putting up the comparison pictures. Now I have those pictures etched into my memory and will have a more difficult time in thinking the sculpt is accurate. Thanks I guess haha..

Man Kojun is pretty consistantly off and on with his sculpts. Its like every other sculpt is gold but the one immediately after less quality. Its like he loses his powers and has to recharge :dunno

Aldo Raine- Hit

War Machine- Miss

Clash of Titans- Hit

Whiplash- Hit

Prince of Persia- Miss

The Expendables- Hit

Tony Stark mkIV- Miss

So his next sculpt should be amazing :exactly:

:monkey3

It's the oriental eye syndrome again. O.E.S for short. Eye shape too small and angular, DX MJ suffered badly from it.
:wink1:

I will reiterate.

IMO this....
14973745023273734358690.jpg

blows this...
900811_press02-001.jpg

right out of the water.

So many complaints here and yet 95% of you will still buy it so I don't think HT is worried at all.

Sucks is most certainly the last word I would use to describe as it clearly does not suck.
Not as good as you expected would be a fairer statement!

I hate posts like this!

A little respect for the artists would be nice.:peace

All I'm saying is it costs about $200 for pre-order. HOt toys is expensive. For what I'm paying it should be excellent both in quality and design. And people have been waiting for this figure for nearly a whole year. The word suck was maybe little harsh, but I paid for this with a long~ wait period of time and got disappointed.

All I'm saying is it costs about $200 for pre-order. HOt toys is expensive. For what I'm paying it should be excellent both in quality and design. And people have been waiting for this figure for nearly a whole year. The word suck was maybe little harsh, but I paid for this with a long~ wait period of time and got disappointed.

We all pay for these dude! ;)

I'll have to wait to see in-hand pics to judge this HS since the photo of the Mech Test sculpt barely resembled my figure (looks so much better in person). Either way I'm more interested in the suit itself, so I won't be dumping my preorder.

So many complaints here and yet 95% of you will still buy it so I don't think HT is worried at all.

Well this is a discussion thread... (which normally includes complaints, praises, questions, etc.)

I do think the new HS is better than the Mech HS. But it's still not right. Regardless, of course I'm still buying the figure. I preordered it before they unveiled the HS because I thought the armored/suit look alone is great and worth the buy.

And I still refuse to believe the inaccuracies of the new HS are due to the sculptor. It's either a licensor/approval _____ up or HT just had to cut the sculptors working schedule for this particular project. Looking at the comparison pics on this thread (which I'm sure the sculptor had similar shots) I can't see how he and HT's Product Development dept could have looked at the finished product next to a comparison pic and thought "yep, it's right on. We nailed this one!".

Back