1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we ever gonna get Ra's Al Ghul from HT?

I gave up on Hot Toys for a Ra's Al Ghul figure long ago...

I ended up picking up the Pop Toys "Shadow Ninja" figure and replaced the head sculpt with a really nice 3rd party one.

I also just paid the balance invoice on the Mars Toys "The Ninja Master Costume Set" as well.

I'm good to go but with my luck, HT will announce their version soon...

Are we ever gonna get Ra's Al Ghul from HT?

That continues to be one of their most bizarre omissions from any line. The Dark Knight trilogy remains insanely popular and Hot Toys rightly made Dent/Two-Face, Selina Kyle, Scarecrow, Gordon, Alfred and even John Blake. And yet 15 years on from Batman Begins still no Ra's Al Ghul, that movie's imposing central nemesis played by one of the most well known actors in Hollywood - and who also cameoed in TDKR. I don't know what other factors need to be in the character's favour for Hot Toys to make him.

They continue to fail to do what is necessary! :wink1:

I know this is different than the PERS DX12 cowl but is there any discernable differences between this and the MMS236 Armory cowl?

Yeah the new DX19 seems to have a different sculpt (speculating a downsized 1/4 version); looking at my armory BM, the cowl head looks a tad small in proportion to the body (but it doesn't bother me at all and I still think it looks pretty good).

129637725_3539820116086571_2082277588636839766_o.jpg

Hmm, it looks like a modded DX12/Armory in that pic :) (Not as anything demeaning, but just as an observation)

I know this is different than the PERS DX12 cowl but is there any discernable differences between this and the MMS236 Armory cowl?

The DX19 uses a shrunken down QS001 cowl, which has a more accurate shape.

dPpWALp.jpg

Looks like the mouth plates have sharper detail this time too - like the slightly parted teeth. The eyes seem darker too.

The only negative I’d say looking at that comparison, is that it seems the DX19 head doesn’t have the more flush flow into the neck like the film suit and DX12/Armory seemed to have. That was one aspect I really disliked on my DX02, the neck felt too thin for the head, which says a lot because the head was too skinny and misshaped.

Man I'm so excited about this release. Finally able to get my own bale batman since I started getting into hot toys last year

If the rumored bale cameo in the Flashpoint movie happens I'm sure we'll get a figure out of that too....in 2030 probably :rotfl

It's very difficult to keep away to buy another tdk figure ... dx12 head sculpt is better than Dx19 in my opinion , but the cowl and the body of this figure are very very good...

Batman begins suit next please hot toys. Would defo buy that suit!! And a scarecrow, got everything else. Oh and a Jim Gorden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's the verdict on this new release ? The armour on the hips/thighs area does look strange. However perhaps it's just because I haven't watched the movie in a while.

I'm assuming the headsculpt and face plates will look way better as we are 7-8 years on and HT have perfected their craft as far as painting a lot in that time.

I may just be up for this one to put next to Batfleck, and if they re-release a Keaton version (for the Flash film) then that would be a nice trifecta with modern paint jobs.

Back