1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For fair comparison.

THE DARK KNIGHT

TDK_1.jpg

TDK_2.jpg

TDK_3.jpeg

TDK_4.jpg

TDK_5.jpg

TDK_6.jpg

TDK_7.jpg

TDK_8.jpg

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

TDKR_1.jpg

TDKR_2.jpg

TDKR_3.jpg

TDKR_4.jpg

TDKR_5.jpg

TDKR_6.jpg

TDKR_7.jpg

TDKR_8.jpg

Attachments

• TDK_5.jpg
    TDK_5.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 18
The only real difference I can find between TDK and TDKR suit is he has those hand cuffs in TDK, which is reflected in DX12/Armory/DX19
then in TDKR the hand cuffs are not shown which is what a lot of modders do

I can see the differences between ANH Vader and ESB Vader, I can see the differences between ROTLA Indy and TOD Indy...

But I have trouble seeing any difference between the TDK and the TDKR Batsuit...

...maybe his ween got a little smaller in Rises (ironic)...

TDK vs TDKR.jpg

View attachment 572361

Proportions are pretty much on point but the DX19 looks a bit slimmer and more lanky.

Still, looks really good.
Bale is the only Batman so far that seriously didn’t skip leg day.

I’ll admit the DX19’s chest plate may be SLIGHTLY too convex depending on the scene you compare it too, but the overall breadth and shape is much more accurate than the DX12 which kind of disappears into the armpit area unless modified. Now when you compare a modified DX12 that’s been futzed to sit more predominantly near the armpit then it becomes a tougher question of which is more accurate.

Attachments

• 5B03359E-A4A9-4200-94FF-3E6189CC4401.jpeg
    5B03359E-A4A9-4200-94FF-3E6189CC4401.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 61
All those images of the suit in film makes me realize I actually do like the look of TDK/ TDKR suit. Don't get me wrong the BB batsuit is great also but just the more tactical armour plates is cool to see on Batman's design.

The pec area actually does appear to be slightly more pronounced in TDKR at some angles. Glaringly so? Likely not to the average eye if you’re not looking for it.

Last edited:
FedEx has had my DX19 sitting in the same place in HK for four days now with no updates on a $96 priority shipment… It hasn’t even made it to outbound customs yet…

They do this so consistently that this is the final straw, I won’t be ordering anything that comes through FedEx again and if a retailer only uses them I’ll simply take my business elsewhere.

Hopefully I can get a refund for the shipping charges. I was willing to pay more because there’s a business use in getting the item earlier but here I am with people all over the world having copies already and mines just lamping on a FedEx truck somewhere.

The DX02 was my very first hot toys figure. I sold him years ago and never got any of the updated versions but I have this one preordered.

It's cool to see how hot toys has progressed(and sometimes regressed) in their figure design and production.

The DX02 had these short, stumpy legs that made him look kinda silly if you see it now like many of HT's early figs.

Last edited:
Back