Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two great ideas guys!

Getting the DX08 stand for Uncle Bingo, & painting the symbol white! :clap

Coco; your repainted Bingo head - it reminds me of the Vicky Vale apartment scene, where Jack's leaving & he recites that little lymerick to her; "join me for a weep" etc. :lol

Paint the yellow symbol white and you've got a unique and custom stand for the DX14.

Great minds think alike. :hi5: I think that's what I'll be doing eventually.

Two great ideas guys!

Getting the DX08 stand for Uncle Bingo, & painting the symbol white! :clap

Coco; your repainted Bingo head - it reminds me of the Vicky Vale apartment scene, where Jack's leaving & he recites that little lymerick to her; "join me for a weep" etc. :lol

It sure does, doesn't it. I'd be a happy man if I could get somebody to make a satin blueish/green shirt for me. That would make a killer custom.

i'm ALWAYS asked why i buy toys and comics and not in a nice way either.

Actually...I know that feeling.

A while ago, a work colleague asked me what I was doing at the weekend and I told him, reluctantly, that I was attending a convention.

Out came the usual parade of derision...stupid people in silly costumes, a bunch of fat 23 year olds men playing cards at a table arguing about how a Elfen War Staff is more powerful than a Bewitcher's Stealth Mist, living in their parent's basements, never even had a girlfriend never mind having actual sex, buying all the silly little toys and "Action Men"

I used to get this regularly as I attend a fair few conventions, so I decided to show him up a bit. I told him that I'd recently acquired a pair of BATMAN and JOKER figures to which he laughed...then I told him that it cost £200 each. He was so predictable...he laughed harder.

He would not have known one end of the figure market from the other, so I showed him my DX01 and DX02. Even he had to admit to the level of quality, not just of the figures but in the presentation too.

He never made a big thing of it again after that.

A while ago, a work colleague asked me what I was doing at the weekend and I told him, reluctantly, that I was attending a convention.

Out came the usual parade of derision...stupid people in silly costumes, a bunch of fat 23 year olds men playing cards at a table arguing about how a Elfen War Staff is more powerful than a Bewitcher's Stealth Mist, living in their parent's basements, never even had a girlfriend never mind having actual sex, buying all the silly little toys and "Action Men"

I used to get this regularly as I attend a fair few conventions, so I decided to show him up a bit. I told him that I'd recently acquired a pair of BATMAN and JOKER figures to which he laughed...then I told him that it cost £200 each. He was so predictable...he laughed harder.

He would not have known one end of the figure market from the other, so I showed him my DX01 and DX02. Even he had to admit to the level of quality, not just of the figures but in the presentation too.

Sounds like you should find a new workplace...

but alot of these guys DO fit that description which is the scary thing!!!!!
but NOT me, of course!:rotfl

Maybe there needs to be a poll..!
I can see the Mods twitching right now.. :lol

So - pick one; which one are you (really):

*clammy basement dweller
*60yo virgin
*know-it-all walking encyclopedia guy/gal
*creepy 24/7 cosplayer
*All of the above

..bonus points for honesty. :lecture :monkey3 :lol

:clap

Some people will just never get it but never let that stop you enjoying the things you love.

I can see the Mods twitching right now.. :lol

So - pick one; which one are you (really):

*clammy basement dweller
*60yo virgin
*know-it-all walking encyclopedia guy/gal
*creepy 24/7 cosplayer
*All of the above

..bonus points for honesty. :lecture :monkey3 :lol

you forgot
*works at video store and goes to comic book shop twice a week...ooopps video stores are mostly gone now:lol

I recently 'came out' , I was in denial for a long time, telling myself that I needed to grow up - but no, I couldn't pretend for any longer - I HAD to start buying these kick *** toys! It felt so good admitting that, it was like letting my inner child come out and started to remember how it felt having toys when I was a kid - it rocked!

Hello my name is Sean, and I like to buy toys, really expensive toys. :wave

I recently 'came out' , I was in denial for a long time, telling myself that I needed to grow up - but no, I couldn't pretend for any longer - I HAD to start buying these kick *** toys! It felt so good admitting that, it was like letting my inner child come out and started to remember how it felt having toys when I was a kid - it rocked!

HI Sean!!!!

Awesome...that line reminded me of these old commercials.

[ame="https://youtu.be/pE6f034b5Do"]https://youtu.be/pE6f034b5Do[/ame]

I POed this, but ended up selling it as soon as it arrived. I can't seem to like this as much as I tried to. Something bout the make up reminds me of queen amidala.

I POed this, but ended up selling it as soon as it arrived. I can't seem to like this as much as I tried to. Something bout the make up reminds me of queen amidala.

:rotfl:lol:lol:lol:lol

Nooooo....I will never look at it the same.
Ol' Padme didn't improve with age, did she?

Last edited:
Back