Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fine to me? No offence but it's yours that looks different to all the other pics I've seen :dunno

That's because HT has been displaying it wrong in their pics and everybody has been copying it. It's a lapel flower just like the original's is.

And I pointed it out to Mags because I like to give him a hard time. :D

fa09d134bf08bd7913c7f053f1792815_zpsab9c824e.jpg

Stunning picture!

This is a totally brilliant picture Para! It seems that your darker and more contrasting style of photography was just waiting for the BATMAN '89 figures to come along.

Worth repeating...they could be publicity movie stills.

Wow, thanks very much for the high compliment. It's really appreciated! :hi5: :1-1:

Great pic Para! :rock

Well said DGT! :hi5:

Thank you! :duff

Stunning picture!

Thanks, glad you like it! :hi5:

I haven't been able to put this guy down since getting him earlier this week... Yeah, it is a somewhat obscure variation in the grand scheme of all things Joker, but Hot Toys just knocked this one out of the park! It is like the beautiful icing on the cake that is the previous '89 releases...

Sallah

I honestly mean no offense to people when i say this but what compels you guys to drop $230+ on this figure? Don't get me wrong he looks great but you would have to be a pretty big Nicholson Joker fan to get this. I didn't even remember the scene in the movie he was from until i watched it again last night and it's literally a 30 second scene.

All the same congrats to you guys that got him, like i said he looks great! :clap

Hm. For one, it's a great figure.
For two, it cost $150 equiv.

It's simply a super cool Nicholson Joker. The HS is superb, and the piece, as an ensemble with the diorama is quite a sight.

I honestly mean no offense to people when i say this but what compels you guys to drop $230+ on this figure? Don't get me wrong he looks great but you would have to be a pretty big Nicholson Joker fan to get this. I didn't even remember the scene in the movie he was from until i watched it again last night and it's literally a 30 second scene.

All the same congrats to you guys that got him, like i said he looks great! :clap

Dear lord, how much time do you actually have? :lol

When it comes to this film and these characters, the appeal works on more than just one level. It goes far beyond it just looking good, and it is regardless of this particular version's screen time, or lack thereof.

If I could put it simply...it is a film that reached out and grabbed a generation of BATMAN fans and attached itself viscerally to such an extent that it's not going to be losing its grip anytime soon.

And I was a bit if a Keaton-sceptic until I saw this scene in the trailer....

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv"I'm BATMAN!"
michael-keaton-im-batman.jpg

Dear lord, how much time do you actually have? :lol

When it comes to this film and these characters, the appeal works on more than just one level. It goes far beyond it just looking good, and it is regardless of this particular version's screen time, or lack thereof.

If I could put it simply...it is a film that reached out and grabbed a generation of BATMAN fans and attached itself viscerally to such an extent that it's not going to be losing its grip anytime soon.

And I was a bit if a Keaton-sceptic until I saw this scene in the trailer....

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv"I'm BATMAN!"
michael-keaton-im-batman.jpg

Well i'm part of that generation, it was one of my favorite movies when i was a kid but i don't feel the same way about it anymore. Maybe that's why i "don't get it".

Nothing but respect to you guys that do though!

How can you not remember this scene? Its iconic IMO :dunno

How can you not remember this scene? Its iconic IMO :dunno

If you look back at the early pages of this thread a few people said the same thing. I just didn't remember it until i saw it again. Also i hadn't rewatched it in a very long time.

If you look back at the early pages of this thread a few people said the same thing. I just didn't remember it until i saw it again. Also i hadn't rewatched it in a very long time.

Hey that's fine. I mean, each to their own. If you didn't recall it, that's OK. It is an older film now, and some of it is a little dim even for me!

There's a market for eveything. It's not like this is the only obscure release by Hot Toys. Their Cop Joker wasn't from a minute scene but from a few milliseconds flash. Nobody complained about that. Same goes for all those Iron Man armors.

I know personally I'd never pay $230 for,

Jor-El
Leather Wolverine
Angelica
Tracker Pred

Or most of those 220-230 dollar releases. Specifically the cheap Toy Fairs exclusives.

But hey, that ain't my bag. With this one, it's the Joker, it's Nicholson (only official Nicholson product in town), from a classic film. The price range is sadly the norm all across the board for these type of figs. None of them have been fairly priced or "bargains". This price range for "basics" started all the way back with Toy Fairs Begins Batman.

I think it's terrific- great effort from HT
I love 89 Batman but DX08 is enough for me. Reason I don't buy this is too many others I want!!!!

I'm not sure if I get these "why would someone buy this? " type of questions .

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

No really dude, if you read my question it was a genuine and not said in a "what you collect is junk" kind of way. I was genuinely curious, i guess i under estimated peoples love of this movie.

I probably shouldn't have asked though, i should know better since i'm ALWAYS asked why i buy toys and comics and not in a nice way either.

Back