Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone, I'm thinking of either picking up this figure or the Batman Returns figure. Is there any significant improvements that one has over another and are there any common problems that either of them suffer from?

Thanks in advance! :)

I've got both, Paul. No improvements from one to the other really. The look of each is different obviously so personal preference comes into play.

Both are benefitted by a custom cape since the stock capes are generally difficult to futz right and most custom capes have a more natural drape to them.

I've had my DX09 since it was released and the rubber suit still looks like new. I don't however leave him in dynamic poses for long.

Other than the occasional PERS breakage I haven't heard of or had any common problems.

They are two of HT's best figures IMHO. You can't go wrong with either one. My personal preference is the DX09 simply because of the organic look of the armor.

Get the 09, it's a Classic DX and one of the best figures HT made. I would make sure the PERS works properly though.

Get both, only way to go [emoji846]
Seriously though, they both complement each other.
The pers on the dx 09 is just an accident waiting to happen tho, so I’d suggest not using it if you got the dx 09.
The returns figure doesn’t have that problem.
But yeah they are both some of hot toys best work, you won’t go wrong with either.
Just pick the one you prefer-or both, yeah definitely both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the cowl and bat symbol on the returns version so I went with that one...also it's easier to find reasonably priced than the DX09.

Still might pick this version up someday but I'm hoping Hot Toys give us an 89 Batman in 1/4 scale soon.

I prefer the cowl and bat symbol on the returns version so I went with that one...also it's easier to find reasonably priced than the DX09.

Still might pick this version up someday but I'm hoping Hot Toys give us an 89 Batman in 1/4 scale soon.

I personally have a New In Box dx09 batman. Bought him to go with my hot toys 89 bat mobile but due to size and change in collecting I think I am going to sell them both.

So I would go with the DX09 personal favorite.

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of either picking up this figure or the Batman Returns figure. Is there any significant improvements that one has over another and are there any common problems that either of them suffer from?

Thanks in advance! :)

I’m not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the Returns figure has some ratcheted joints that make for easier posing. DX09 is tough to hold a pose. That being said, the DX09 is the figure that sold me on collecting 1/6 figures. It’s amazing! I planned on posing him arms up and cape spread out, which worked marvelously when I figured out how to manipulate the body under the rubber suit. Once I decided to change his pose, however, I spent hours futzing his cape folds (there are some good YouTube videos). He will pretty much require a custom cape, which you can always purchase from Jaxon.
I vote DX09.

I would also say DX09, but I am a DX09 owner... and I am happy with it, despite its flaws.

I have seen Returns Bats in hand and there is something that is missing there.

DX09 has a lot more character.

I probably prefer the Returns cowl, Keaton likeness and design of the suit but DX09 is a better figure. I had no problems with my DX09 whereas my Returns Batman arrived with a broken arm joint and it has those fins on the gauntlets that easily break off. Also that smoother surface of the suit makes any scuffs/marks more visible. If my DX09 has any imperfections like that, well, they blend into the rougher suit texture.

Get DX09.

Returns figure is stupid. The cowl is not accurate and the mouth area is a mess.
Plus same rubbery torso/arms at the base and very little extra stuff, despite the fact that it was released many years after DX09.

Man, I missed one over the weekend that sold for around $230 with no box and no accessories, just the figure. Now, I have an opportunity to buy it used, but with the boxes and all accessories for $300. I really want this figure. Someone please tell me it's a good price and to stop being a moron.

Doesn't seem like a terrible price to me. Feels like it's on the lower end of what you could get it for these days, but I'm no expert on what the market is for it.

Man, I missed one over the weekend that sold for around $230 with no box and no accessories, just the figure. Now, I have an opportunity to buy it used, but with the boxes and all accessories for $300. I really want this figure. Someone please tell me it's a good price and to stop being a moron.

That's the kind of deal I look for with the older figures that go for a premium. I don't really care about the packaging anyway. $300 doesn't sound bad if the figure is in good condition.

Dooo iiit!
That’s like, the same price people paid with taxes and shipping. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure I paid like $260 after tax when I bought him at Hastings in 2012. Best part about buying used is you can ask about loose joints, any issues with the rubber suit, and if PERs is still in-tact.

That's a good price for a good figure. And stop being a moron.

Thank you guys for holding my hand through the process lol. Finally, got the figure I always wanted. The 1989 Batman was the first superhero film I saw as a little kid, and still one of my favorite superhero movies to this day. Can't wait to get Michael Keaton on the shelf! Thanks again for the nerd talk guys :woo

IMG_20180517_010630.jpg

Thank you guys for holding my hand through the process lol. Finally, got the figure I always wanted. The 1989 Batman was the first superhero film I saw as a little kid, and still one of my favorite superhero movies to this day. Can't wait to get Michael Keaton on the shelf! Thanks again for the nerd talk guys :woo

You won't regret it. This was my first HT back in 2011. I was impressed by their Dark Knight, Marvel and Terminator offerings but I was the guy who would refuse to collect HT simply because how expensive they were, and I'm happy enough just looking at pictures, thank you very much. That all changed when I saw the pre-order pics for this and I told myself "Crap, that's it. Looks like I'm finally getting a Hot Toy." Few months later when it came out, I was just blown away by how breathtaking this thing was in person, and that started my downward spiral into this utterly soul consuming hobby. :lol

Back