Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news, the DX09 came and I opened it up. Cape is in really bad shape. Gotta return it to seller. But has anyone seen anything like this?

Attachments

• 20180521_170735.jpg
    20180521_170735.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 20180521_170724.jpg
    20180521_170724.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 20180521_170718.jpg
    20180521_170718.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 171

Bad news, the DX09 came and I opened it up. Cape is in really bad shape. Gotta return it to seller. But has anyone seen anything like this?

Sorry to hear that bud.
Is that mold that’s on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Sorry to hear that bud.
Is that mold that’s on it?

I'm not 100% sure if it is or it isn't, I want to think it's not though. I don't see any type of water damage that I would assume needs to happen for mold to grow. Seller told me before the transaction that the figure was briefly displayed, but it has been stored in it's original box for the past couple/few years.

After reaching out to the seller and providing pics, seller apologized for the condition and said he had no idea it was there and that he had bought it from a trade show a few years back. Seller offered a partial refund, but I want to return it for a full refund. Bought off Ebay so shouldn't be a problem.

If the rest of the figure is fine I'd recommend just seeking some money back that could go toward a custom cape, which you might want for the figure anyway.

That really sucks.
A custom cape is a must for this figure as it really takes it to the perfection level but I wouldn’t want to keep the figure knowing it had been exposed to whatever that is with the cape.
I wouldn’t accept a partial refund either and the seller should have really checked it before he sold it-I know I would check it if I hadn’t looked at it for a couple of years.
Get your refund from eBay and buy another-it’s still one of the best hot toys produced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

That really sucks.
A custom cape is a must for this figure as it really takes it to the perfection level but I wouldn’t want to keep the figure knowing it had been exposed to whatever that is with the cape.

Hmm, well, yeah. I guess.

I'd like to think I'm generally well informed about potential damages that can occur on a figure, but I dont remember ever seeing this happen to this cape before. So thought it best to share this with the freaks

I’ve never seen that at all and I’ve owned five different dx09s over the years. How strange. Looks like mineral deposits from dried water droplets almost.

Other things to note: seller says he never displayed the figure with the cape on. And the cape was in a plastic sleeve when I unboxed the figure (if any of that info even matters).

北京国安;9782979 said:
cc71e657beca22ce05d27649b2d1726c.jpg

[emoji4]

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I know it's your custom cape but does it take serious futzing or the aid of magnets or weights to get it to sit like that or is it capable of looking that cool the second you put it on?

Other things to note: seller says he never displayed the figure with the cape on. And the cape was in a plastic sleeve when I unboxed the figure (if any of that info even matters).

If the figure itself i in good condition and you could get a partial refund I'd definitely keep it if I were you. Even $50 will all but pay for a custom cape that will give you a much better looking figure than that stock cape does anyway.

I don't have this figure but I do have the returns one and Jaxon's cape really completes the figure. I hated the stock cape, could never get it to sit right.

If the figure itself i in good condition and you could get a partial refund I'd definitely keep it if I were you. Even $50 will all but pay for a custom cape that will give you a much better looking figure than that stock cape does anyway.

I don't have this figure but I do have the returns one and Jaxon's cape really completes the figure. I hated the stock cape, could never get it to sit right.

Seller was a bit pushy on sending me a new cape, but with this being such an unusual problem - I just want the peace of mind that something else won't happen down the road. Rather just be safe and sorry and ship it back and shop for another one.

I would get a partial refund of $50 and spend that on a custom cape by Tony Mei or Jaxon like many suggested. The custom cape on the DX09 pushes it from a 10/10 to a 15/10 imo. But if you only want it displayed with a stock cape or you will feel uncomfortable knowing the figure is not complete since the stock cape is pretty ruined, then I would get a full refund and keep on looking for another one.

Back