Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really digging the cape draped forward look, but I think it's a shame to cover up all the detail in the gauntlets and such. How to pose...how to pose.

One more :) just the head in this one, sadly i cant get the figures arms anywhere near that high :(

museumlinelaunchfinal1.jpg

dude TDK batman uses detective skills And his brain. And do complain about the tumbler with the batpod cuz the batmobile split in 3 to squeeze through an alley. both are amazing for said interpretation.

TDK had bats using ballistics and fingerprint scanning, trying to get into jokers head in the GCPD interrogation. creating the sonars extent to which every phone was a transmitter because technology allowed.

Keaton used news papers and the batcomputer which in 89 was technical genious

What Keaton Bats did not have in technology he made up for in synapses. I'll grant you the wicked tech on Nolan's side but the style is weak comparatively. I mean, this is a guy who has little bat ears on his cowl, might as well go full bore. You also have to give credit to Lucius for much of that anyway, in '89 it was all Bruce Wayne.

The Bat Missle was ridiculous (what if i need to drive through a 4 foot wide alley?) and one of the things that weakened the sequel for me. I will concede Batpod>Batmissle, but both are non-essential. You NEED a true Batmobile and Batwing.

One thing I wish Burton was able to include were the concealed cannons in the 200 anni cake float. At least then the demise of the Batwing would have made sense.

Anyway, in going out of their way to make a maniacal genius who is always a step ahead of the protagonist, they took Bats down a few notches. It really sucks Ledger died, esp because of Nolan's plan to involve him in a third film which if added to the current cast might easily answer all my qualms about the character. We might have seen Batman thoroughly dismantle his mystique without resorting to a desperate beatdown. In DKR though, the Joker had control the entire time and Batman's "victory" was completely hollow.

One more :) just the head in this one, sadly i cant get the figures arms anywhere near that high :(

Look at those ugly seams! Good thing that scene moves quickly. The headsculpt looks better than the rest of him there. Awesome stuff!

Last edited:
Just picked this guy up from the post office today. Without a doubt- the greatest toy purchase of my life. Simply amazing. I'll have more pics and stuff up tomorrow, but for now here are 3 shots I wanted to get up tonight...

testbatman.jpg

1web.jpg

2web.jpg

Sallah

Back