Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just ordered the 89 Batman drape cape from Jaxon. Can?t wait to see it on him! So, what?s the typical wait time for one of his capes?

It might have something to do with Coronavirus delays, but I ordered a cape from him this summer and it took over a month to receive. It?s a beautiful cape though, and was worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I ordered capes from him it took about a month or so. I had gotten one for Returns Batman and for Arkham City Batman. His work is great and coming from overseas it does take a bit of time. He got the capes down in about a week and then sent them out. Corona virus might slow things down a bit more though.

That's not too bad of a wait then. Yeah, COVID-19 has everything messed up, especially shipping. My DX09 left Arizona and went to LA, 6 hours in the wrong direction. In the end, it cost me an extra day of waiting instead of sending the figure East

I ordered a couple of capes from him early this year, and it took three months to arrive as apparently he had to do a fresh run (plus covid was starting to kick off in a big way, which I imagine made everything more difficult). The time frame was personally far less of an issue for me than the general lack of communication over what the expected time frame would be. Particularly as a first time buyer.

So, in my personal opinion, his communications could definitely do with improving as far as clarity and keeping customers in the loop, but you will get what you paid for, and it will be worth the wait, even if it takes a while.

Ok it’s official!

https://www.brickfinder.net/2020/09/19/lego-1989-batwing-76161-reveal/

The LEGO Batmobile was an easy pass for me as I’ve got the HT. it’s very cool but due to the extreme curves of the car it was really hard for LEGO to engineer something really sleek and accurate.
IMO it works much better on this batwing with sleeker curves ans shape. Mounted on the wall it is so awesome!
Very tempting...

I ordered a couple of capes from him early this year, and it took three months to arrive as apparently he had to do a fresh run (plus covid was starting to kick off in a big way, which I imagine made everything more difficult). The time frame was personally far less of an issue for me than the general lack of communication over what the expected time frame would be. Particularly as a first time buyer.

So, in my personal opinion, his communications could definitely do with improving as far as clarity and keeping customers in the loop, but you will get what you paid for, and it will be worth the wait, even if it takes a while.

That unfortunately. So far communication went very well with the initial ordering so hopefully things are somewhat back to normal

Ok it’s official!

https://www.brickfinder.net/2020/09/19/lego-1989-batwing-76161-reveal/

The LEGO Batmobile was an easy pass for me as I’ve got the HT. it’s very cool but due to the extreme curves of the car it was really hard for LEGO to engineer something really sleek and accurate.
IMO it works much better on this batwing with sleeker curves ans shape. Mounted on the wall it is so awesome!
Very tempting...

I wasn't into LEGOs growing up but I was somewhat excited about the batwing until I saw the price! I was expecting it to be about $40-$50 bucks! I had no idea LEGOs were so expensive so it's an easy pass for me.

That Lego Batwing looks so cool, but since my crazy ass is making monthly installments on the JazzInc 1/6 scale Batwing, I have to pass.

Whou congrats for the 1/6 Jazz Batwing! :clap Please make a thread when you'll receive it!

But for those who don't have enough space and money for this beast or the unaffordable and nowhere to be found Toynami, this lego is maybe the only cool option.
I've got also the nice AMT / ERTL 1/24 kit but it is much more smaller. The Lego is about 1/12 scale.

That Lego Batwing looks so cool, but since my crazy ass is making monthly installments on the JazzInc 1/6 scale Batwing, I have to pass.

You know, since Jazz inc has done the JL Batmobile and is currently working on the 66 Batmobile and the 89 Batwing, i really hope he does the 89 Batmobile. For those that missed out on the HT version.

Unfortunatly i already asked him and he answer me that he won't do it because HT already did it. It seems that he works on projects never done by other companies.
Maybe a story of rights...:dunno

Unfortunatly i already asked him and he answer me that he won't do it because HT already did it. It seems that he works on projects never done by other companies.

Well that's unfortunate! I'm sure he could've created a far superior version of the 89 Batmobile for us. Not that I'm disrespecting the HT version. Hot Toys did an amazing job with theirs but judging the excellence Jazz Inc has put into the last two Batmobiles, I'm sure they could've knocked the 89 version out of the park!

Well, hot toys made prototypes of the BVS and Justice League Batmobiles, and JazzInc still made those.....:)

Yeah BUT they still are prototypes never made and entered in production, so nobody could buy them, which means that there is an expectation of an audience still waiting even if it's a niche market.
The 89 batmobile already had its custommers and you still can find on the secondary market which means that the potential pool of buyers is undoubtedly too low in view of the investments required, especially for such a small company (in terms of size).
This is why he is doing the 66, BVS, JL, 89 Batwing and not 89 Batmobile ou Tumbler.
But yeah, Jazz would have certainly done something still better. No doubt. But twice the price of the retail price too...

i know. But different scale.

Don't get me wrong, i don't want to convince anyone that it won't ever be produced. I would like it for those have missed the HT one but i just give you the information i had directly from Joost.

But if you want just fact, here:

It can't be more explicit...

If this Batmobile makes an appearance in the Flashpoint movie. Interest could raise dramatically. Even though Joost has said No, I think it would be worth asking; at least to show interest is still there.

If this Batmobile makes an appearance in the Flashpoint movie. Interest could raise dramatically. Even though Joost has said No, I think it would be worth asking; at least to show interest is still there.

He's walking a fine line, openly manufacturing unlicensed products. I wouldn't blame him for steering clear of anything a licensed company has released. Never say never but I'm always surprised he's able to operate as-is.

The assumption is that no one is going to bother running him down if they have zero intention of making said item, not worth their time. If anything guys like him drive even more interest in licensed items.

Even if HT doesn't intend a re-release or 2.0, perhaps better not to wake the sleeping giant. :lol

To get me to buy this beast again, I'd need a superior paintjob and accurate canopy -- whoever makes it. I know he could pull it off, not sure HT would bother.

Back