Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments!
And Sachiel : this made me laugh! :)))
Really nice pose Maglor! And the cape looks great.

i liked the way the batarang was set up - I borrowed from your set up, but I prefer blowing in the wind capes!!
Thanks for the idea.

More great posing, pictures and advice Mags, as usual.

Is see that your cowl scallops are sitting tight and flush against Keaton's shoulders and the top end of the cape, with no visible or obvious gaps. Did you employ your proven 'hair dryer' fix on it?

Looks really cool the way that cape now drapes and hangs, bit I am sorry to say that I am placing myself firmly in the 'not going near my figures with anything sharper than my finger' camp :wink1:

Nice tutorial Mags. Always thorough and clear. :)

I didn't use the seam ripper though. I just used the exacto for cutting out the seams and the cutting of the edges. Good idea though.

IMG_8553.jpg

IMG_8561.jpg

IMG_8554.jpg

Futz master. :rock

Michael: I don't get the importance. I was doing an interview, and the guy was going on and on about it, and finally I said, "Did you read the paper this morning?" And I wasn't being a smart ass, I was just being real. And he goes, he just said yes or no, I don't know. I said, "Do you know there are bodies literally, literally like a logjam floating down rivers in Rwanda right now from being hacked up and killed — right now?" and he goes, "Oh, that's terrible … " And I'm like, "Who gives a ____ who's going to be Batman?"

After reading that, it's obvious that Keaton would faint after reading some of the things discussed here if he ever found himself to these boards.

Kind of a ********* thing to say....

Wow Maglor, that looks amazing! Did your faceplate have anything done to it or was it already perfect?

Didn't touch the faceplate. The open mouth one is pretty good tight out of the box.

Dye near my figure, nevah!

I have two capes. :wave

More great posing, pictures and advice Mags, as usual.

Is see that your cowl scallops are sitting tight and flush against Keaton's shoulders and the top end of the cape, with no visible or obvious gaps. Did you employ your proven 'hair dryer' fix on it?

Looks really cool the way that cape now drapes and hangs, bit I am sorry to say that I am placing myself firmly in the 'not going near my figures with anything sharper than my finger' camp :wink1:

Yep. hairdryer.

And again, I wouldn't have done this if I didn't have two of these capes.

Nice tutorial Mags. Always thorough and clear. :)

I didn't use the seam ripper though. I just used the exacto for cutting out the seams and the cutting of the edges. Good idea though.

So did you cut all the way around, even the front edge? Or did you leave the extra layer of fabric like Elvis did?

elvismodcloseup.jpg

Futz master. :rock

Thanks, but again - a tiny amount of futzing time compared to working with the wire. :duff

Maglor, have you thought of brushing on some plasti-dip?

I would think a small light coat where it hangs (below the shoulders inside would give it the right texture.

It's what they use in Batman costuming... just a thought.

M.

Inspired by that cape mod, I decided to have a go myself. My pics aren't as fancy as Maglor's but here we go anyway!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice work. Actually, you are one of the last ones I would expect to try it since you are a master at futzing the stock cape.

Looks good, I'd try it if I had an extra cape but there is no way in hell I'd try it with the one cape I've got.

Still looks good though. :clap

Thanks. :wave

Maglor, have you thought of brushing on some plasti-dip?

I would think a small light coat where it hangs (below the shoulders inside would give it the right texture.

It's what they use in Batman costuming... just a thought.

M.

I don't follow. I'm trying to find something to dye the grey inside with. Is that what you're talking about?

After looking through this thread, I'm definitely getting this and HT Chris Reeve. I think it's gonna compliment DX12 and HT's Henry Cavill Superman next year.

Oh and my wallet hates all of you who posted pics.

So did you cut all the way around, even the front edge? Or did you leave the extra layer of fabric like Elvis did?

I cut it all out. You are referring to the part that folds over all around the edges, right? Yeah, I cut it. I may have left it in but I had already pulled most of the seams that held that part in out. No biggie. It turned out good and I'm happy with it. Still takes some futzing to get it right but less of a headache.

Back