Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how this thread got almost no attention over the last few months until just a few days ago, and now it is up about 100 new pages :lol

I think a bit goofy but to each their own.

Wolverine doesn't look a thing like Jackman yet he is a highly sought after figure. HT missed the sculpt but captured the essence of the character and he looks great on my shelf (top 5 figure).

IM Mark II - VI (all versions) never got the scale right. None look like a person in a suit yet is HT flagship. I own Mark I and IV yet again they look great on my shelves. The list goes on.

Many collector's "overlook" these inaccuracies however, we do it with Indy and crap hits the fan :cuckoo:

I cannot believe you made a comparison of this to wolverine.

Wolverine looks like jackman, this does not look like harrison ford.

No it didn't. That figure looked like ____ when it was a prototype and when it was released. Some were able to justify it and pretend it looked okay, but it always looked like hell.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38202

Compare the reactions to in hand Joker vs. in hand Indy.

I clicked through to about every 10th page and there's almost no _____ing at all about the likeness. There's a lot of happy campers there. The original Joker head was even more off the mark than Indy, but many people there were very pleased with what they received.

Though I did find two interesting posts

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1058835&postcount=557

MaulFan has no issues with the sculpt (I'd imagine he'd change his tune now)

But, you do

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1058870&postcount=559

The consensus was that it was a very good figure. You believe otherwise, but you are not the consensus. I even came across a "What to do when you missed out on the HT Joker pre-order" thread. A lot of people bought the figure and enjoyed it and posted pictures, and quite a few missed out on it, and had trouble tracking it down.

I love how this thread got almost no attention over the last few months until just a few days ago, and now it is up about 100 new pages :lol

It could really be only around 20 pages if the naysayers would say there piece and move along instead of continuously trying to shove their opinions down our throats as fact. Like we give a ____ about their opinion?

Instead they continue repeating themselves like a broken record. Not quite sure what the motive in doing so is, exactly...like others have pointed out, HT has released the figure. No changes will be made now. Its a waste of time to continue bashing a figure in this thread when you have no intent of buying it. Just really....strange....:cuckoo:

I cannot believe you made a comparison of this to wolverine.

Wolverine looks like jackman, this does not look like harrison ford.

Based solely on ones opinion. I have the HT Wolverine, and...nope...doesnt look like Jackman to me. But its close enough. It definitely has the essence of Wolverine. But its not Jackman.

And, this does look like Ford. Again, not perfect (no sculpt is). But its close enough for me to be happy with. I think (IMO) that this looks more like Ford than Wolverine looking like Jackman.

Whats the point in repeating yourself over and over and over and over again? You got your point across. Youre not happy with the end result. Simple solution...Dont Buy it. Hope for a future better release from HT or someone else. And Move along. This figure just isnt for you.

who's pushing who's opinion rzeznikk.

You are just as opinionated as us naysayers and we dont give a ____ about your opinion so get of you high horse.

your no better.

You want to be for this figure fine with me buy 4 but I and everyone else that has a problem are going to voice it

know why?

because like you we are entitled to an opinion

It could really be only around 20 pages if the naysayers would say there piece and move along instead of continuously trying to shove their opinions down our throats as fact. Like we give a ____ about their opinion?

Instead they continue repeating themselves like a broken record. Not quite sure what the motive in doing so is, exactly...like others have pointed out, HT has released the figure. No changes will be made now. Its a waste of time to continue bashing a figure in this thread when you have no intent of buying it. Just really....strange....:cuckoo:

:exactly: I feel the exact way. If I hated a sculpt that bad I wouldn't waist my time bashing it and would move on with my life. :dunno

This isn't perfect but I still think it looks badass.

Who's pushing who's opinion, Rzeznikk?

You are just as opinionated as us naysayers and we don't give a ____ about your opinion so get off your high horse.

You're no better.

You want to be for this figure? Fine with me. Buy 4, but I and everyone else that has a problem are going to voice it.

Know why?

Because like you we are entitled to an opinion

Grammar.
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Ill stay up here thank you. ;)

And voicing your opinion about how much you hate it is going to do what exactly? Just curious.

Cause if it's to get HT to listen to you then, maybe you should contact them via their customer service contact and voice your hatred for the product. You might actually get through to them there. :rotfl

Last edited:
:exactly: I feel the exact way. If I hated a sculpt that bad I wouldn't waist my time bashing it and would move on with my life. :dunno

This isn't perfect but I still think it looks badass.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

There's a LOT of other HT figures that I have no interest in, that I don't plan on purchasing for some reason or another, but I don't bother posting in those threads just to be a troll about how I don't like a likeness or something juvenile or of that nature.

Last edited:
url

I think the nay-sayers have polluted this thread plenty already...
figure is out, and that's that...
Time for people to move on, whining about it won't make a difference here...

People have the right to voice their displeasure about this figure. Now, doing it over and over again gets old. Here's the thing though post like this, Carl calling people chimps, etc don't help either. Just freaking ignore the people posting stuff that you don't like. It will help calm the thread down but by name calling back or replying all it does is keep things going. If you all who love it or think its a great figure can go about your business then this thread should be able too as well. :peace

Not so. I am a "naysayer" and I dont give a ____ if you buy it and Im not stopping you from buying it.

But that does not mean I have no right in saying it is a very bad figure and its not worth 250-300 dollars.

You have a right to voice your opinion but how many times? Your bringing nothing to the table but the same old garbage therefore, say your piece and move on.

I will compare to Wolverine because it has a passing resemblance to Jackman. It was the cause of much debate in these threads prior to and after the figures release.

I didn't make any personal attacks, name names or call any individuals chimps in that statement... I just said that there's a group on here who are acting like chimps throwing poop around. Because they absolutely are. There is no doubt whatsoever who is trolling this thread.

And, Josh, where is this newfound tolerance of those expressing displeasure when it's on a product that YOU like?

Whatever... For the record, I don't care that some people hate this figure. Doesn't matter at all to me or change the way I feel about it. It's the lack of tact, lack of class and over-use of hyperbole and absolutes that makes me and some others :rolleyes:. Doesn't even matter if someone wants to voice displeasure about this figure 100x in a row. We just wish some could do so without being jack-holes and throwing out ad hominem personal barbs.

Last edited:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38202

Compare the reactions to in hand Joker vs. in hand Indy.

I clicked through to about every 10th page and there's almost no _____ing at all about the likeness. There's a lot of happy campers there. The original Joker head was even more off the mark than Indy, but many people there were very pleased with what they received.

No doubt people did not complain as much, but there were complaints... otherwise Maulfan would not have defended his perspective that he was fine with the likeness :lecture

However my post was more of the assertion that it was good for 2008, and it wasn't. The overall figure was, but the sculpt was and is terrible which is why you almost never see someone displaying it with the original sculpt.

I could see a similar situation here where people buy the figure, but find an alternative for the head. Although the reason given b HT for the V1 Joker is that they did not have enough reference material. However, that can't be the case here... so no realy excuse for a 2011 DX release to be this far off the mark.

I didn't make any personal attacks, name names or call any individuals chimps... I just said that there's a group on here who are acting like chimps throwing poop around. Because they absolutely are. There is no doubt whatsoever who is trolling this thread.

And, Josh, where is this tolerance of those expressing displeasure when it's on a product that YOU like?

For the record, I don't care that some people hate this figure. Doesn't matter at all to me or change the way I feel about it. It's the lack of tact, lack of class and over-use of hyperbole and absolutes that makes me and some others :rolleyes: I don't even care if someone wants to voice displeasure about this figure 100x in a row. I just wish some could do so without being a jack-holes and throwing out ad hominem personal barbs.

That's the best way to describe my frustration with it as well. Didnt know how to put it in words! Thank you! :goodpost:

No changes will be made now. Its a waste of time to continue bashing a figure in this thread when you have no intent of buying it. Just really....strange....:cuckoo:

:nana:

It's not strange at all. I understand entirely. To a lot of people, this was a highly anticipated figure. There are a LOT of Indy fans out there, and based on what we have seen from Hot Toys in the past couple of years along with the HIGH price, they expected a lot better, and they should have gotten a lot better. If you are fine with it and choose to "settle", great! Enjoy your figure. :hi5:
I truly hope you do, but can you please stop being so thin-skinned when others have a differing opinion? Indy is getting extra attention because he is iconic, he has an extra-large fanbase. (no Comic Book Guy jokes here, please) Chris Reeve Superman is getting lots of attention right now too, but it's more positive, again, because he also is so loved and iconic but *his* headsculpt is a beauty. it's amazing the same guy did both. If only Indy's headsculpt had gotten the quality revision Supes got... :(
People have tried for YEARS to make a perfect Indy for themselves, check all the custom threads... people getting different accessories, different clothing items, etc from different customizers, all hoping to finally combine to make "that perfect Indy". We all thought he was finally here since HT was making him. I preordered him just as I preordered the SS Indy way back when, but sent him back because he was crap. If there was a good headsculpt there, it was lost under a terrible paintjob and horrendously glossy plastic. Does anyone have a glossy head? Totally bizarro. not to mention the new body was disappointing, and not just because it was floppy, the proportions sucked, too. That made the HT Indy even more exciting, and it felt like a "last chance" for a good Indy. I had to cancel HT Indy, too.
It's very disappointing. We obviously have different tastes, and different eyes. Some people see HT Indy as acceptable, some don't. You do have to admit, though, it's telling that so many don't like it. You don't see nearly that many "thumbs down" posts in most HT threads, so something is obviously lacking. Why take it personally if you like him? Feel free to have him.
I won't knock the HT Indy clothes and accessories, they look nice, certainly better than any other Indy figure thus far, but that head does not meet the level of quality we have come to expect from HT.
The reason people keep talking about it is because we know HT looks at these threads, people want to be sure HT knows many of us are not impressed, and we expect better, especially for an over $200 figure. They had better internalize that, or they will slowly erode their business in an economy like this. We want a better likelihood of it not happening again. High price means we expect perfection! They really should send customers a better head, like they did with the John Connor figure. If you pay $200+, you deserve it!
I'm the exact opposite of some of you, apparently- I don't know why you let other people's criticisms bother you if you are happy with it- move on, or just talk positives and skip over the negatives. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have no problem with you liking it, and saying you do, but don't expect me to flee your lovefest. :panic:
Honestly, if they get discounted somewhere, I might buy one at a sub $200 price... at some point someone like Kim Serang will make a better head if HT won't. I think the glaring issue here with most of us is that we should have gotten a better head at that high a price point. :whip

...and to those of you who have posted all the funny pictures, thanks for the entertainment. Some of us appreciated it. You're a creative bunch of humorous dudes. :duff

Oh, and for those who say "email HT directly with your complaints", sometimes a public outcry is a lot more embarrassing and leads to better results than keeping your complaints private.

Now back to your "only say good things about this release or get fussed at" thread already in progress. :lol

Last edited:
No doubt people did not complain as much, but there were complaints... otherwise Maulfan would not have defended his perspective that he was fine with the likeness :lecture

However my post was more of the assertion that it was good for 2008, and it wasn't. The overall figure was, but the sculpt was and is terrible which is why you almost never see someone displaying it with the original sculpt.

I could see a similar situation here where people buy the figure, but find an alternative for the head. Although the reason given b HT for the V1 Joker is that they did not have enough reference material. However, that can't be the case here... so no realy excuse for a 2011 DX release to be this far off the mark.

I just think Ford is a real hard likeness to capture. HT is probably the closest Ive seen to hitting the mark. IMO its around 90-95% there with Sideshows Premium Format Raiders Indy coming in at a close second. I agree with some of the photo mods that were done to the sculpt that Kim could have done to knock it up to 99.9%. I'm not giving anything 100% perfect because that is not realistically possible.

But unfortunately, its been released already. No more changes can be made to the sculpt. But its close enough to me still wanting the figure. IMO, its the best 1/6 likeness available to me. I am in no way able to make a better one myself, and I'm not rich enough to pay $1000's to custom make the "perfect Indy".

If this sells well enough and HT sees fit to make a TOD or DX05 2.0 with a better likeness then GREAT for everyone. But until that time comes, I will be happy with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back