Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say his face is too round and not oval enough. That's where, in my opinion, the non-resemblance is coming from.

Yeah, I don't mind paying these prices for things I want but I also have a level of expectation to go with it. This figure as much as I want it doesn't meet it.

I think at some point I'm going to settle at this same conclusion. I find myself making excuses to buy this figure, but that's mostly based upon my love of the character, not the item itself.

I honestly still don't know what to think... some photos look stellar (OMG) and others make it look awful. Somewhere between lies the truth... but I still look forward to more pictures.

And this is where I'm at right now... Like I said, I want to want this because it's Indy and he's part of the Holy Trinity of characters I loved in my youth along with Darth Vader and Superman... I'm giving it time since my order is through BBTS and I can cancel whenever, but at some point I need to make a decision.

If they don't learn, I won't buy Luke, either! :lecture

4539206418_e1a8064a5b.jpg

There are quite ALOT of Hot Toys figures that don't meet price expectations :dunno

Luke Bespin DX will be the prime example...

We ALL know photos never do these figures justice anyway

I haven't gotten one thats for sure. If I buy it then I feel it meets the price I'm paying.

Luke looked great at comic-con.:dunno

Luke is a great sculpt much like Indy is, but in both cases I fail to see the actor's proper likeness.

Luke is idealized even beyond his 'glam' pre-accident look. And Indy, well, I'm not sure what reference they were looking at from the nose down.

Small Studios manip is still the best example of how this sculpt might be fixed for an excellent Ford/Jones circa 1981.

:exactly::goodpost:

I think it's more the reality of the collecting community...
it's not fun anymore, it's all about "FAIL", and "Looks nothing like him" hyperbole that saturates each and every preview or release nowadays.

The excessive OCD and negativity spreads like a virus, and while it's fun @ some extent, yapping about it here over and over again doesn't make the slightest difference.
:lol

K,
IF that were true , peeps would also be bashing the Keaton Batman and the just released Superman. They are not. Why not? because the sculpt looks like the character. This does not, and Indy fans that paid $200+ and had high expectations for this figure were let down by HT in a MAJOR way. While i have no idea whether you are buying this figure, Im sure if I was, i would find the yapping and nitpicking annoying too. In my opinion, they have a valid reason to vent.

salduos
S

I am sold as the overall presentation. I never had intention of displaying Indy without a hat and OMG pics proved (to me) this can display well.

The figure will be in a detolf 4 - 6 ft from furniture therefore, the overall presentation will not be tarnished. The manscara nor missed sculpt will not be an issue at that range. I stand two inches from the figure or take pictures magnifying the sculpt 10x, I may be reminded of inaccuracies.

If I bought purely on absolute likeness, I wouldn't own Wolverine or Mark II - VI and other figures who just look badass on my shelves. Just sayin.

For what you get accessory wise Indy should be a better value at $250 than Superman at $210. But clearly when you look at the final product Superman comes out on top.

I really am stunned by fellow collectors who say they can't see ford in the sculpt, not even in OMG's incredible pictures. Get a grip guys, this is a ____ing toy. Yes, it's an expensive one but it just seems to me that some of you would kick off about the sculpt even if they shrunk Harrison ford, cloned him and then shipped him out in the box. I mean, by way of comparison, look at the effort from cinemaquette. That thing went (and still goes) for $2000 and it looks appalling compared to this. I'm delighted with the look of this figure and that i didnt cancel. It's just as good as the Robert Downey junior sculpt from our iron men figures, arnie and T-1000, Christian Bale, etc. I just don't get the almost cult hatred thats grown for bashing this figure. Those of you that maintain that the sideshow representation is a better effort, well, I mean, there really is no hope....

I am sold as the overall presentation. I never had intention of displaying Indy without a hat and OMG pics proved (to me) this can display well.

The figure will be in a detolf 4 - 6 ft from furniture therefore, the overall presentation will not be tarnished. The manscara nor missed sculpt will not be an issue at that range. I stand two inches from the figure or take pictures magnifying the sculpt 10x, I may be reminded of inaccuracies.

If I bought purely on absolute likeness, I wouldn't own Wolverine or Mark II - VI and other figures who just look badass on my shelves. Just sayin.

I find this odd if I am honest. If it works for you then great but the whole ''well when I look at it from a really long way away it looks great'' viewpoint is really strange to me. I absolutely love to get up close and marvel at something so awesome in its entire presentation :dunno

fc85535_oh_he_mad.jpg

For what you get accessory wise Indy should be a better value at $250 than Superman at $210. But clearly when you look at the final product Superman comes out on top.

I disagree to a point. I am not one who thinks the Superman sculpt is a grand slam. It is really well done (better than Indy) however, I noticed in certain pics the sculpt is lacking.

I think both will look really well on my shelves however, Superman sculpt is superior however, Indy provides more display options which is why I don't find Superman a superior product. I guess it is what you look for in a product. :dunno

Then you should save yourself a lot on money and buy Hasbro figures. If you stand far enough away from them, they look great. HT are popular for providing incredibly realistic movie accurate figures. This is neither.
:dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back