Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If "adventure" has a name............

Indyjoinsgroup.jpg

:exactly::goodpost:

I think it's more the reality of the collecting community...
it's not fun anymore, it's all about "FAIL", and "Looks nothing like him" hyperbole that saturates each and every preview or release nowadays.

The excessive OCD and negativity spreads like a virus, and while it's fun @ some extent, yapping about it here over and over again doesn't make the slightest difference.
:lol

Yes, Paul Joseph Goebbels said many times: "Repeat a lie a thousand times and will become a true" :lol

Man, that thing is just not good really. OMG pics with the hat lowered look great but without it not so much. This figure is far too off the mark for me to drop the kind of coin on it that HT items require.

Sure, most sculpts can look good if you obscure most of the face in heavy shadows :lol

A lot of girls are pretty if you put a bag over their head too :lecture

Man, that thing is just not good really. OMG pics with the hat lowered look great but without it not so much. This figure is far too off the mark for me to drop the kind of coin on it that HT items require.

:goodpost:

I think that's it exactly, Josh- it's the inadequacies offset by the price point. it can't have *both* high price and a less-than-stellar sculpt. The price point is key. if this figure was say $170 or less, the complaints would be much lower. However, when the price is close to $250 shipped, the imperfections are much less acceptable. I'd be fine with one for say, $150, but no higher personally.

But ALL Hot Toys figures ARE OVERPRICED....not just Indy here!

Yeah, I don't mind paying these prices for things I want but I also have a level of expectation to go with it. This figure as much as I want it doesn't meet it.

I honestly still don't know what to think... some photos look stellar (OMG) and others make it look awful. Somewhere between lies the truth... but I still look forward to more pictures.

Yeah, I don't mind paying these prices for things I want but I also have a level of expectation to go with it. This figure as much as I want it doesn't meet it.

There are quite ALOT of Hot Toys figures that don't meet price expectations :dunno

Luke Bespin DX will be the prime example...

We ALL know photos never do these figures justice anyway

But ALL Hot Toys figures ARE OVERPRICED....not just Indy here!

Very true. I guess each of us just has a personal "price point tolerance"... mine stops below $200, closer to $170. if it's over $200, it had better be so damn good it makes me breakfast, mows my lawn, and reads me bedtime stories.

:exactly::goodpost:

I think it's more the reality of the collecting community...
it's not fun anymore, it's all about "FAIL", and "Looks nothing like him" hyperbole that saturates each and every preview or release nowadays.

The excessive OCD and negativity spreads like a virus, and while it's fun @ some extent, yapping about it here over and over again doesn't make the slightest difference.
:lol

Yup. Everyone pretty much agrees the overall product is a disappointment but the level of disappointment varies.

I find the thread humorous because a certain element had a fit when Superman boo birds kept saying it looked like George Clooney. Whined about constant repeated criticism of a sculpt which they found unjust. Yet turn around and display the same behavior they had a hissy fit about in another thread. God bless the freaks :lol

Luke Bespin DX will be the prime example...

They have time to fix that. But until now, Luke was the worst likeness I've seen come out of HT.

What is it with Lucasfilm and HT? This is the license they've wanted above all else. You'd think they would put forth the extra effort. It's not like they haven't been warned about all the comments we're making now about Indy. Hope they learn here and apply that to Luke.

They have time to fix that. But until now, Luke was the worst likeness I've seen come out of HT.

What is it with Lucasfilm and HT? This is the license they've wanted above all else. You'd think they would put forth the extra effort. It's not like they haven't been warned about all the comments we're making now about Indy. Hope they learn here and apply that to Luke.

If they don't learn, I won't buy Luke, either! :lecture

It's interesting, I liked the Luke likeness I liked what Kim did with Chris Reeves, but Indy is an abomination. It's dramatic said like that bit it's true! At least from the pics I've seen. OMG makes it look better but it's still disastrous if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back