Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess they were consistant. Even Cad Bane told Fett he was a pussie in the final episode.

And even no justification or payoff as to why he was like that the whole season. Meh.

That duel was just so underwhelming. Can't believe it only had a few minutes of build up. Can't believe this was the best they could think of for a show about Boba Fett:cautious:

That duel was just so underwhelming. Can't believe it only had a few minutes of build up. Can't believe this was the best they could think of for a show about Boba Fett:cautious:
Exactly. Faverau & Co got it right with Mando, but definitely messed it up for Fett. Poor writing, poor story and poor execution in most episodes.

Filoni episodes were the gold standard though !

It's like the Fett show was an afterthought, quickly put together. Which could have totally been the case.

Maybe Hot Toys will make a Rancor. I'm not sure if this one was smaller than Jabba's, but I believe it was dark gray vs. brown. So conceivably they could produce the figure in two colors.

For BoBF specifically, same figure wants as before: Cad Bane, Krrsantan, Gamorrean Guards. I'm ok to wait for the next iteration of Cobb Vanth.

Not interested in any Boba Fett figures at all since I got the throne version. I don't know if HT will make a Rancor, it still looks very big even though they said it was a young one.

This episode had RR stench all over it, was so eh.

We got some awesome fan service moments, I'd be lying if I didn't geek out on Cad Bane casually dealing with a Rancor, Boba and Din fighting back to back and Boba wrecking shop with a Rancor...

at the same time there was so many bad scenes and directing and editing was just so terrible. Unfortunate how disappointing the entire series came out to be and how bad they did Boba in it.

Guess they gave Cad Bane that heart monitor on his chest so they can bring him back if they want, realistically should of been in the series since Episode 1 to build up to the season finale.

Funny that Mando has produced a ton of great figures in two seasons, BoBF has two that I'm interested in (BK and Bane). I don't count Vanth because I want his look from Mando with the armor. Although a TO head sculpt is still a must.

That was sh**e. Why not learn the lesson from Jar Jar....the curly haired lady and the twi-lek guy needed shooting several episodes ago.

I've gone off a Black Kyrzgystan figure. He was just standing about shooting with those biker muppets, no more. And he couldn't assassinate Fett sleeping in his underpants....inept.

I'm happy with my pre-order of Fennec only from this series. Bane maybe, but that's it.

Ok. Seems strange though with so much content coming out (theoretically almost enough for a new episode every week of this year) that they would wait until May now for the next show ??
I see Disney trying to line up it's shows. Maybe the pandemic is still messing that streamline up. Moon Knight is March 30th for 7 weeks. Should get you to Kenobi in May then Bad Batch, She Hulk, Andor, Ms Marvel, maybe What if S2, maybe X-Men '97 and maybe Mando S3 to end the year.
Like what is there they could realistically make from this show? BK, Cad Bane, Cobb Vanth. Maybe another Luke. For a show that we were promised would “over deliver” and was all “killer no filler” it sure as hell was action figure unworthy. Most of the cool characters we already have existing figures of.
Yep I just see Vanth, essentially S1 with removable armor, Black Chrysler and Cad Bane. I don't even see Gam Guards getting made as running a business and seeing the negative reactions to the show, keep this as limited as you can on figures. Plus the worse look was the body builder ones and the old school ones barely had any time on screen.
All those rumoured cameos, especially Bossk, turned out to be a fart in the wind. Oh well, my budget was around 6 preorders, I don't think it will reach that.
Yeah what a let down. No ESB bounty hunters period. This show was an epic fail. I see 3 figures, but Vanth could be attributed to S1 Mando. There is no doubt a Cad Bane going to be made.

I think Bane is for sure. Krrsantan has a good chance. Gamorrean guards are slim but I really hope they get made. Who knows when they will be featured in a show again.

Luke is a sure thing too but they might not announce him until the Mando Luke is out. Urgh, the new deep fake is just so much better that I don't really want the Mando Luke anymore, lol.

I kept checking to see how much time was left in the episode and if there was time to provide an epic ending. While there were a few cool moments, the majority was, as already stated, "meh". No spoilers from me but I'm not left with any excitement or am anxious to see a second season. It just seems like a filler series...

Quick Edit: On must-have figures, I'm still down with Fennic (pre-ordered), Cobb Vanth (the character has charm) and Cad Bane (just for the bad-ass look). I'm cooling off on Black KrispyKreme figure, though. But any Wookie would be difficult to pass on...

It's even the little things.

Boba's shoulder armor being backlit and the light showing it to be translucent plastic, not a solid Beskar. The falling Aqualish from the balcony onto the water barrels with clearly human hands. Black Capistrano barely able to walk - leg DRAGGING behind him, damn near collapsing, NEEDING support to walk, then just A-OK and running around. The shields down on the droids and NOBODY shooting at them despite blowing their loads when the shields were up - just blankly staring at them. Ugh. so much more.....

It just comes off as a bad syndicated TV show with no continuity and a poor script with even poorer direction and acting. 1980's quality Friday night programming (ala A-Team).

Temuras teeth were decidedly the star of this series with the featuring they got.

Last edited:

Boba's shoulder armor being backlit and the light showing it to be translucent plastic, not a solid Beskar. The falling Aqualish from the balcony onto the water barrels with clearly human hands. Black Capistrano barely able to walk - leg DRAGGING behind him, damn near collapsing, NEEDING support to walk, then just A-OK and running around. The shields down on the droids and NOBODY shooting at them despite blowing their loads when the shields were up - just blankly staring at them. Ugh. so much more.....

It just comes off as a bad syndicated TV show with no continuity and a poor script with even poorer direction and acting. 1980's quality Friday night programming (ala A-Team).

Temuras teeth were decidedly the star of this series with the featuring they got.
Yep, totally amateur really. Rodriguez really let the team down. "All Killer and no Filler" my a$$

Well said, the action scenes in general were directed terribly, you're telling me those giant droidekas only killed 1 person through all that? Especially when the entire team was running from them and they had clear shots on them?

Like you couldn't get throw us a bone and wipe out the Spy Kids? Or at least all of them besides Sophie Thatcher?

Back