Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

I just need Meth Krennic :)

Haha the Crystal King himself. That would be a fantastic figure for customisers. Although didn't he say something in a recent interview about the footage we saw not being final and that his character might be part cgi or something? Maybe he's a changeling like Zam Wesell.

Haha the Crystal King himself. That would be a fantastic figure for customisers. Although didn't he say something in a recent interview about the footage we saw not being final and that his character might be part cgi or something? Maybe he's a changeling like Zam Wesell.

First time I'm hearing this but I can totally see him with a prosthetic arm or leg.

First time I'm hearing this but I can totally see him with a prosthetic arm or leg.

Hopefully it's only something like that. I liked the Gustavo Fring in space vibes from the trailer.

Will We Recognize Giancarlo Esposito on The Mandalorian?

Esposito has been filming in “The Volume,” the space that allowed Avatar to create its Navi and Pandora, and how Robert Zemeckis filmed his performance capture films. There are also physical locations for The Mandalorian, so filming in The Volume suggests that it’s possible Esposito won’t look like Gus Fring, or any human, when it’s finished.

“It could suggest that,” Esposito said. “We are working in The Volume. It’s a very specific atmosphere and quite fascinating to work in. I don’t want to spoil anything for you but that does suggest I might have a different persona. Who knows?”

Even Esposito hasn’t seen the finished footage.

“I have not, so I’ll be as surprised as you, man,” Esposito said.

Hopefully it's only something like that. I liked the Gustavo Fring in space vibes from the trailer.

Will We Recognize Giancarlo Esposito on The Mandalorian?

Esposito has been filming in “The Volume,” the space that allowed Avatar to create its Navi and Pandora, and how Robert Zemeckis filmed his performance capture films. There are also physical locations for The Mandalorian, so filming in The Volume suggests that it’s possible Esposito won’t look like Gus Fring, or any human, when it’s finished.

“It could suggest that,” Esposito said. “We are working in The Volume. It’s a very specific atmosphere and quite fascinating to work in. I don’t want to spoil anything for you but that does suggest I might have a different persona. Who knows?”

Even Esposito hasn’t seen the finished footage.

“I have not, so I’ll be as surprised as you, man,” Esposito said.

Well that's definitely very interesting. Perhaps the stuff from Celebration was only a Red Herring ?

Considering the background which Favreau has with CGI characters (and the episode budget of $10-15M per episode), and Disney using this for their "Ace" for Disney+ membership there should definitely be a decent amount of very well done aliens you'd think.

I'm actually slightly surprised that we didn't see The Mandalorian at SDCC. I would have thought that HT would have tried to hammer at the hype.

I'm actually slightly surprised that we didn't see The Mandalorian at SDCC. I would have thought that HT would have tried to hammer at the hype.

D23 is in a couple weeks and you know Disney wants the hammer striking at their event:lol

Hopefully there's going to be a surprise cameo or two in that footage. Maybe some of those ESB bounty hunters.

Here's a question. In the SDCC footage, Werner Herzog's character says something about ''50 years old''. Is he talking about the age of the codes he's giving, or the age of the ''person'' the Mandalorian is being asked to track down?

Hopefully there's going to be a surprise cameo or two in that footage. Maybe some of those ESB bounty hunters.

Here's a question. In the SDCC footage, Werner Herzog's charcater says something about ''50 years old''. Is he talking about the age of the codes he's giving, or the age of the ''person'' the Mandalorian is being asked to track down?

I took it as the age of the codes. Meaning they could have some relevance from existing canon perhaps. Hopefully not Deathstar plans.....:lol

No but seriously. Looking at the canon timeline. "50 years ago" would put them prior to roughly 10 years before Ep1.

maxresdefault-16.jpg

I took it as the age of the codes. Meaning they could have some relevance from existing canon perhaps. Hopefully not Deathstar plans.....:lol

No but seriously. Looking at the canon timeline. "50 years ago" would put them prior to roughly 10 years before Ep1.

View attachment 463850

So, for the first time we're going to be playing a little in the pre-prequels era then. It felt like the 50 years thing was very specific like we were supposed to pick up on it. I'm probably reading too much in to it. Just wait for the Mike Zeroh ''Little Ani confirmed for The Mandalorian'' video to emerge.:cuckoo:

So, for the first time we're going to be playing a little in the pre-prequels era then. It felt like the 50 years thing was very specific like we were supposed to pick up on it. I'm probably reading too much in to it. Just wait for the Mike Zeroh ''Little Ani confirmed for The Mandalorian'' video to emerge.:cuckoo:

No doubt they'll dream up something that happened then. However knowing Filoni is involved, hopefully means they tie it in somehow with existing canon in some small and sensible way.

No doubt they'll dream up something that happened then. However knowing Filoni is involved, hopefully means they tie it in somehow with existing canon in some small and sensible way.

Going with that idea, which characters from Filoni's Clone Wars and Rebels could fit into The Mandalorian timeline? I'm almost certain there'll be at least one making their debut in live action format.

Going with that idea, which characters from Filoni's Clone Wars and Rebels could fit into The Mandalorian timeline? I'm almost certain there'll be at least one making their debut in live action format.

I have a gut feeling Bo Katan/Katee Sackhoff will somehow make it on the show.

I have a gut feeling Bo Katan/Katee Sackhoff will somehow make it on the show.

I won't lie, I had to Google that name :rotfl. My knowledge of the animated series' is very limited. I keep meaning to get around to watching all the way through Clone Wars (I think I managed 3 seasons last time). I wonder if Filoni directing in The Mandalorian will be used as a dress rehearsal for him getting his own live action show in the next few years. It'd make sense for him to drop some of his characters into The Mandalorian as a kind of test to see which characters/stories would work well in the live action format. Would anyone be at all surprised if a live action Ahsoka series is in the works?

While I think we’ll get mandolorian footage at d23, don’t expect any HT reveals until triple force Friday which I think is in September

While I think we’ll get mandolorian footage at d23, don’t expect any HT reveals until triple force Friday which I think is in September

Does HT even know what Force Friday is ? I seem to recall at least the last 2 didn't have anything much at all from HT.

But I could be wrong.

I won't lie, I had to Google that name :rotfl. My knowledge of the animated series' is very limited. I keep meaning to get around to watching all the way through Clone Wars (I think I managed 3 seasons last time). I wonder if Filoni directing in The Mandalorian will be used as a dress rehearsal for him getting his own live action show in the next few years. It'd make sense for him to drop some of his characters into The Mandalorian as a kind of test to see which characters/stories would work well in the live action format. Would anyone be at all surprised if a live action Ahsoka series is in the works?

C'mon man you gotta know Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica surely :lol

My all time favourite Sci-Fi TV series, hopefully to be topped by The Mandalorian !! If you haven't seen that then do yourself a favour. So good.

C'mon man you gotta know Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica surely :lol

My all time favourite Sci-Fi TV series, hopefully to be topped by The Mandalorian !! If you haven't seen that then do yourself a favour. So good.

Sorry man, never seen it. I was going to binge watch it about 3 years ago and decided against it when my Trekkie friend said he loved it. In my mind I then associated it with Star Trek. Tbf I only watched Game of Thrones for the first time at the beginning of this year. I was early to the party for Breaking Bad and the X-Files though :yess:

Does this mean I'm officially banned from The Mandalorian thread haha

Sorry man, never seen it. I was going to binge watch it about 3 years ago and decided against it when my Trekkie friend said he loved it. In my mind I then associated it with Star Trek. Tbf I only watched Game of Thrones for the first time at the beginning of this year. I was early to the party for Breaking Bad and the X-Files though :yess:

Does this mean I'm officially banned from The Mandalorian thread haha

Nah, but you should really watch it. Truly good TV and arguably one of the TV shows which paved the way for good TV Sci-Fi content.......to replace that Star Trek drivel :lol

Good to see you are also up on the best of the best. GoT, Breaking Bad and X-Files all my favourites.

Hopefully we can add The Mandalorian to that list.

Nah, but you should really watch it. Truly good TV and arguably one of the TV shows which paved the way for good TV Sci-Fi content.......to replace that Star Trek drivel :lol

Good to see you are also up on the best of the best. GoT, Breaking Bad and X-Files all my favourites.

Hopefully we can add The Mandalorian to that list.

My absolute all time favourite is Twin Peaks. I love the hilarious twisted weirdness of it (and all things David Lynch actually). X-Files and Millennium run it close though. I'm binge watching X-Files as we speak actually. When I've finished that I'll be sure to check out Battlestar Galactica (and Clone Wars) now that you've assured me it's not like Star Trek.

As for The Mandalorian I can't wait for some more footage to talk about as we're living off scraps atm. Still crossing my fingers for an announcement of that Obi-Wan series with Ewan.

Back