Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

I think a Mandalorian is inevitable, but the question is if he'll be teased early or after the show launches for a while. I think the answer to that lies in if they'll market him as masked or unmasked, which depends on how much of the promo material for the show sequesters his appearance under the helmet. I'm sure they could just say accessories coming soon, but they've never done that with sculpts. Usually they are blurred out, as sculpts are HUGE draws to sale.

The idea of having a Mando with IG-11 (assuming they are partners of some sort) as a counter-shelf to K2 and Jyn would be awesome. I have a lot of faith in HT droids with how well K2 is done.
K2SO is a gem, im looking forward adding new diecast R2 to my beloved droids collection, and soon...those Prequel battle droids too :lol

Finally my posts are working! Every post has been coming with an error message for the last few days.

Lots and lots of rumours going around about that Obi-Wan series and its announcement at D23 next week. There was even one about Ewan McGregor directing a few episode. With this, The Mandalorian and Cassian, Disney seem to be making things that fans want finally. Who is responsible for the decision-making on Disney+ SW series? I can only assume it's not KK.

Finally my posts are working! Every post has been coming with an error message for the last few days.

Lots and lots of rumours going around about that Obi-Wan series and its announcement at D23 next week. There was even one about Ewan McGregor directing a few episode. With this, The Mandalorian and Cassian, Disney seem to be making things that fans want finally. Who is responsible for the decision-making on Disney+ SW series? I can only assume it's not KK.

Yeah I just heard the same info. So awesome. I was going to start a new thread, but perhaps that's too much ? Could rename this one to cover both ? What do people think ?

Just saw a picture (which I can't post) with Obi Wan and Tusken Raiders.

The chances just went up for getting a HT Tusken Raider at some point with an Obi Wan show.

Yeah I just heard the same info. So awesome. I was going to start a new thread, but perhaps that's too much ? Could rename this one to cover both ? What do people think ?

Just saw a picture (which I can't post) with Obi Wan and Tusken Raiders.

The chances just went up for getting a HT Tusken Raider at some point with an Obi Wan show.

Go for it! Maybe to cover the Cassian series also?

With 2 series (if true) now being set in that time period between the PT and OT, and around the time of Solo, then several characters we've seen already have a good chance of being made I'd have thought. Those Tuskens are just a matter of time. We'll also be getting a proper Mythos Obi-Wan now.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "??"

As Obi-Wan is not 100% confirmed I'll leave it out of the title for now. Am hoping we'll know more next weekend !

You forgot the Rian Johnson 'Broom Boy' series.

Okay let's give this a go, starting with the Cassian series. It's really hard to judge who'll be in this series, so it's a little guesswork. Hopefully Cassian Andor will have a similar look to his Rogue One look so that he can fit into that display with Jyn and K-2SO. The way I see it, anything other than a Cassian figure is a bonus. Do we really need another K-2SO? What could they possibly do with the character to make him look different, other than a different paint job. The RO version is the perfect figure as far as I'm concerned, I can't see what they could possibly do to improve him. Saw Gerrera has more than an outside chance of being an important character in the series, hopefully Forest Whitaker will be announced at D23. My instinct tells me they'll go trooper heavy for this series with the Rogue One designs being so popular with the fanbase. It'd be nice to see Genevieve O'Reilly and Jimmy Smits sign on as Mon Mothma and Bail Organa, as they're the sort of characters I'd love to see HT have a go at, as unrealistic as that is.

If the rumoured third series is Obi-Wan, which is looking increasingly likely, then there's a whole host of possible characters. It'd be nice to tie some of the Solo characters into this. I might be in the minority but I'd love a Qi'ra figure, especially now we're getting Solo Maul. Of course this all depends exactly when this story takes place.

Could Ahsoka have a cameo role?

The most interesting thing, from the fanthatracks article, was this line ''Further to that, he will be performing alongside a familiar mechanical co-star, and when we heard who it was, our hearts skipped a beat.'' Now I don't know about anyone else, but the first image that popped into my mind was Darth Maul.

Okay let's give this a go, starting with the Cassian series. It's really hard to judge who'll be in this series, so it's a little guesswork. Hopefully Cassian Andor will have a similar look to his Rogue One look so that he can fit into that display with Jyn and K-2SO. The way I see it, anything other than a Cassian figure is a bonus. Do we really need another K-2SO? What could they possibly do with the character to make him look different, other than a different paint job. The RO version is the perfect figure as far as I'm concerned, I can't see what they could possibly do to improve him. Saw Gerrera has more than an outside chance of being an important character in the series, hopefully Forest Whitaker will be announced at D23. My instinct tells me they'll go trooper heavy for this series with the Rogue One designs being so popular with the fanbase. It'd be nice to see Genevieve O'Reilly and Jimmy Smits sign on as Mon Mothma and Bail Organa, as they're the sort of characters I'd love to see HT have a go at, as unrealistic as that is.

If the rumoured third series is Obi-Wan, which is looking increasingly likely, then there's a whole host of possible characters. It'd be nice to tie some of the Solo characters into this. I might be in the minority but I'd love a Qi'ra figure, especially now we're getting Solo Maul. Of course this all depends exactly when this story takes place.

Could Ahsoka have a cameo role?

The most interesting thing, from the fanthatracks article, was this line ''Further to that, he will be performing alongside a familiar mechanical co-star, and when we heard who it was, our hearts skipped a beat.'' Now I don't know about anyone else, but the first image that popped into my mind was Darth Maul.

The best thing about all of these Disney+ shows is that they are all in and around the OT, so figure wise they will fit in with any of the core figures most collectors have.

I would love a Cassian figure, and as you say I think he's almost a given from HT. Saw Gerrera is also pretty prominent in the new video game it seems, and hell maybe would even turn up in an Obi Wan show as a cameo or something ? I would love a Saw on the shelf because he is involved here and there in the canon so much, but mainly because he would look so imposing with that armour etc.

Your last statement from Fanthatracks could also mean Gerrera in theory ? But that HT have already announced an old Maul, I guess that could be right.

I'd also be up for a Qi'ra and Ahsoka figure if done well.

Star Wars has been on a bit of a hiatus. I just hope this TV stuff works out and they come bouncing back with the fans in toe.

As much as I loved their final episode together, I kinda wished we would've been able to see it in live-action.

As far as "mechanical co-star", I hope it's not shoe-horned in adventures with R2 or 3P0. As a matter of fact, if I were to put on my tinfoil hat and throw out hot takes, I'd love it if his companion was R5-D4:lol

The best thing about all of these Disney+ shows is that they are all in and around the OT, so figure wise they will fit in with any of the core figures most collectors have.

I would love a Cassian figure, and as you say I think he's almost a given from HT. Saw Gerrera is also pretty prominent in the new video game it seems, and hell maybe would even turn up in an Obi Wan show as a cameo or something ? I would love a Saw on the shelf because he is involved here and there in the canon so much, but mainly because he would look so imposing with that armour etc.

Your last statement from Fanthatracks could also mean Gerrera in theory ? But that HT have already announced an old Maul, I guess that could be right.

I'd also be up for a Qi'ra and Ahsoka figure if done well.

Star Wars has been on a bit of a hiatus. I just hope this TV stuff works out and they come bouncing back with the fans in toe.

I wonder if Forest Whitaker signed up for a multiple movie/project deal. Is he voicing his own character in the new game for example? He's a big name actor, who has had somewhat of a Renaissance in recent years with Arrival, Rogue One and Black Panther, so he would be a big draw for the series you'd think. His design is amazing, and I didn't find his character at all annoying like some. The only thing I found annoying was his lack of screen time. He's pivotal in showing the darker side of the Rebellion, which should be a big theme of the Cassian series.

As much as I loved their final episode together, I kinda wished we would've been able to see it in live-action.

As far as "mechanical co-star", I hope it's not shoe-horned in adventures with R2 or 3P0. As a matter of fact, if I were to put on my tinfoil hat and throw out hot takes, I'd love it if his companion was R5-D4:lol

That's the scary thought right there, that they might use one of R2 or 3PO. R5 would be great actually. It's the way they worded it as ''mechanical co-star'' instead of ''droid'' that seemed odd. Technically Anakin's partly mechanical, right :wink1:

Completely out of left field but a General Grievous backstory would be pretty sweet IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely out of left field but a General Grievous backstory would be pretty sweet IMO

Oh God yes! He's a completely different type of villain than the usual Imperial, Sith and Bounty Hunter types. Isn't he essentially a Cyborg?

Oh God yes! He's a completely different type of villain than the usual Imperial, Sith and Bounty Hunter types. Isn't he essentially a Cyborg?

Yeah he is by the time of the Clone Wars.

He was once an alien looking thing apparently and then got some pretty serious injuries which made him more cyborg. So exploring what turned him into the cyborg General we saw in ep3 would be awesome.

I'd take a Grievous serious over Kenobi, ANY day of the week. Maybe show how Palps manipulated him into becoming cyborg and then have him being THE badass he was in the Micro Series.

The streaming service really does open up a lot of possibilities, doesn't it? How about a tv series showing what happened to the Clone Troopers post Revenge of the Sith? I'm sure they could de-age Temuera a little.

The streaming service really does open up a lot of possibilities, doesn't it? How about a tv series showing what happened to the Clone Troopers post Revenge of the Sith? I'm sure they could de-age Temuera a little.

Anything clone wars related I?d love to see.

My dream movie/series will always be following Vader immediately after E3 hunting down the surviving Jedi. I can not get enough of rogue one style ending scenes lol

Man, an actual Band of Brothers type show with Rex and the 501st would be the best thing ever but I seriously believe after this bonus season of Clone Wars, that'll be it from that era.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I try not to even get too excited about it because just like with the Sequel Trilogy, Galaxy's Edge, and even with everything involving this Mandalorian show, Disney is clearly continuing to push out and focus on their own creations instead of old favorites. And this last CW season is just a bone since it probably didn't involve too much resources since they already had a lot done before the cancellation the first time.

Yakface leaked some Hasbro SKUs for their 2020 Wave of Mandalorian Vintage Collection figures. Three characters named HK Duck, HK Huck 1, HK Berry.

Back