Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inart vs HT thing is really like your typical Audi vs the 911. You get more for what you paid for. I could care less about packaging. You pay more $ and you are at the mercy of those that are handling your parcel. Magnetic hands and feet are cool but personally, I don't mess with my figures much so I rather spend $ on another figure than getting magnetic hands. Nothing wrong, just different types of customers.

Personally, I want the 2 Inquisitors they teased but I know chances are slim to none, even though they spent the money developing them. While it is not innovation, it's something different and new.
Well, their Joker cost me what, $300? That’s cheaper than Vader and Shiny Mando. This is sculpted hair, but everything else same as the deluxe. Believe me, the tailoring and level of detail is far beyond HT, at a competitive price!

Oh nothing, Took it as a list of what you want from HT. Which I would be happy to see, but low probability. I look at everything here through hot toys/1:6 goggles.

Nice watchlist. Ambitious to watch it all! Love your enthusiasm. Will try to watch something out of OT.
Oh God no, I have a dream la la land figure wishlist as long as my arm. I fully expect disappointment tomorrow. All reissues, Grogu, and random clones nobody realised they wanted in the first place.

Oh God no, I have a dream la la land figure wishlist as long as my arm. I fully expect disappointment tomorrow. All reissues, Grogu, and random clones nobody realised they wanted in the first place.
Grogu's everything we want. And need.

And deserve.

Star Wars Helmet GIF by Disney+

Well, their Joker cost me what, $300? That’s cheaper than Vader and Shiny Mando. This is sculpted hair, but everything else same as the deluxe. Believe me, the tailoring and level of detail is far beyond HT, at a competitive price!

I know Inart are good, but at the end of the day, different target customers. I ordered their Aragon and I will get the Legolas. Other things, I don't think I will pay that kind of premium. That's just me though.

I know Inart are good, but at the end of the day, different target customers. I ordered their Aragon and I will get the Legolas. Other things, I don't think I will pay that kind of premium. That's just me though.

InArt is really good for people being selective and choosing a select few characters that are most important to them. I’m sure some are all in, but those people aren’t looking for quantity.

But it’s good to have more choices in the 1/6 field. Healthy competition is important and we didn’t really have that for a very long time.

I know I’ve said it often enough but regardless of how anyone feels about InArt, that competition has benefited all of us since it got Hot Toys to stop resting on its laurels and actually make some effort.

InArt is really good for people being selective and choosing a select few characters that are most important to them. I’m sure some are all in, but those people aren’t looking for quantity.

But it’s good to have more choices in the 1/6 field. Healthy competition is important and we didn’t really have that for a very long time.

I’ll keep saying it but regardless of how anyone feels about InArt, that competition has benefited all of us since it got Hot Toys to stop resting on its laurels and actually make some effort.

Oh yea, the articulated eyes are all thanks to Inart. Now, if only SSC can step up with something good and SW.

Oh yea, the articulated eyes are all thanks to Inart. Now, if only SSC can step up with something good and SW.

The eyes, some better material choices, seamless silicone bodies, a bit more effort into stands and accessories, revised sculpts. InArt’s presence likely helped motivate those changes and more.

Hot Toys probably would’ve switched to USB eventually with the battery laws but they might’ve helped push that forward too.

We knew this already, yet here emphasised again.

As far as potential figures, I really wanted a more gritty Season 1 Andor with Bryr Pistol and Nemik's manifesto, yet if they are just siting on that to possibly release a single more all encompassing Andor figure, that will align with what should be his S2 finaly / Rogue One Rebel uniform look, and can be displayed with K2, Jyn, Chirrut, et al, that'll work.
(though it could arguably be his Ring of Kafrene assassin look), or the way things are going, no figure at all. :rolleyes2

As far as show content, bring it!. While I love the more Saturday morning cartoonish FavrOnivese. This is the SW I'm still most anticipating.
“the last three days before Rogue One”. And with a finite end point in view, no punches are being pulled. “The risks this season will take are very different,” promises Luna. In what way? “In every way,” says Gilroy. “Look, man, I’m not trying to make a career here; if anything I’m on the downhill side of a long career. But this is an opportunity. This is 1,500 pages of the most dynamic material in these people’s lives to deal with. We got it right the first time, and you don’t want to let your foot off the gas.”

..., I'd settle for 2 Tubes and Saw.
Me thinks Saw Guerrera and his Partisans will play heavy into Season 2
...die-hard revolutionaries like Stellan Skarsgård’s Luthen Rael will face the growing pains of the Rebellion. “Some of its core ingredients are secrecy and paranoia and lack of trust and betrayal. So, how difficult is it to build a revolution?” questions Gilroy. “And what happens to the original gangsters, as other people get involved?”
We will likely see his descent into absolute paranoia.

Last edited:
Hmmm... interesting. Mars Toys are a bit hit and miss, aren't they? That 66 Joker they just did looks stunning, the Willy Wonka is so so for likeness.

This was always going to happen after the Queen Amidala opened the floodgates. I bet there’ll be a very passable 3rd party Bespin Han by the end of the year.

Disney by the end of the year:
View attachment 638150
Seriously though you still see quite a few 3rd party Marvel figures popping up. At least I think that’s the case, I’m not a big MCU guy.

I wish a company would make a Death Star Trooper and Rebel Fleet Trooper with a couple of generic swap out heads. They could do the same with Hoth troopers and Endor troopers. Or even just the costume sets and you can source the bodies yourself. AOTC Obi-Wan would be another good one.

Seriously though you still see quite a few 3rd party Marvel figures popping up. At least I think that’s the case, I’m not a big MCU guy.

Yeah, I’m actually a little surprised at how much third party companies have been getting away with lately.

They’ve been getting bolder, which often leads to the hammer being dropped.

Yeah, I’m actually a little surprised at how much third party companies have been getting away with lately.

They’ve been getting bolder, which often leads to the hammer being dropped.
They've been going hard on Star Wars in the last month or two, this is the fifth ''high profile'' third-party SW figure I can think of. The others being Amidala, that terrible rooted Anakin, quarter-scale Kenobi, and Maul. I at least hope we get a couple of good ones before that hammer drops. Mars Toys is definitely a company with a bit more reputation, and this is a figure of a character/actress that will get a lot of focus, for better or worse, so definitely it'll draw some eyes from the powers that be.

Back