Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, Mando’s just broadening it’s scope.
They just announced 3 new movies: 1 about the 1st Jedi, 1 in the Mando period and another 15 years post ROS about Rey rebuilding the order.
It’s more alive than it ever has been
Ahsoka and Andor is Star Wars going forwards, Mando (the flagship show) is dying a quick death and the movie side of things died a long time ago.

They just announced 3 new movies: 1 about the 1st Jedi, 1 in the Mando period and another 15 years post ROS about Rey rebuilding the order.
Disney’s desperation is certainly more alive than ever while fan interest is on life support, sustained solely by a drip of callbacks and member-berries.

Sure 👌 Let’s see how many of those movies actually make it then shall we before Kathleen Kennedy sacks the directors. I must say I’m particularly excited about the Rey film, I’m so glad they learnt their lesson from the ST and that wonderful character.

Sure 👌 Let’s see how many of those movies actually make it then shall we before Kathleen Kennedy sacks the directors. I must say I’m particularly excited about the Rey film, I’m so glad they learnt their lesson from the ST and that wonderful character.
That’s the nature of film production, not everything comes to pass, apparently they announced 9 films are in the works, I think without the pressure of having to be trilogies it’s opening their options and they have a better chance of coming to fruition.

*these are the different eras in which the films will take place

Attachments

• F3A3B93E-ABB6-4244-86BE-3D5776AEB4C6.jpeg
    F3A3B93E-ABB6-4244-86BE-3D5776AEB4C6.jpeg
    739.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Definitely very happy! I have faith it’ll be good Star Wars content in general though with the potential to make various types of fans happy.

“Heir to the Empire” is a very specific callout.
It is, but it'll be in name only.
This is going to be 100% Filoni through and through, which isn't my personal cup of tea, but I know lot of Star Wars love his stuff so at least we'll have a generally happy fandom. That's very pleasing given fans have had to endure the ST, BoBF, Kenobi and season 3 of The Mandalorian.
I'm hoping this Ahsoka series will be just what a big chunk of the fandom wants, and be a unifying series, like the first season of The Mandalorian was.

Last edited:
I hope not. Better they continue with interesting figures from OT. New characters are sadly quite boring. Unless they’re from Andor.

I get it; I love Andor and want figures from it (and more from the OT) as much as you. But the decision not to make them is on Hot Toys and not because anything else took away from it. They had the opportunity and squandered it.

Ahsoka features a lot of already well realized returning characters with their own followings who are definitely not new at this point. Don’t know how the brand new characters will turn out, but we’ll see!

To each their own of course. I do believe in being happy for others though. Even if we’re different, we’re still all fans here.

It is, but it'll be in name only.
This is going to be 100% Filoni through and through, which isn't my personal cup of tea, but I know lot of Star Wars love his stuff so at least we'll have a generally happy fandom. That's very pleasing given fans have had to endure the ST, BoBF, Kenobi and season of The Mandalorian.
I'm hoping this Ahsoka series will be just what a big chunk of the fandom wants.

Appreciate your balanced take.

It is in name only certainly; they’re not adapting the Zahn novels. But the intent is to make a good Thrawn vs New Republic story which could be the kind of conflict the ST failed to be.

And if that happens and is done properly, the universe is stronger for it.

I know Filoni has his detractors and he’s not perfect, but he’s given the universe a lot of strong stories and characters. He is a Lucas torchbearer in his own way.

Last edited:
The Andor Season 2 teaser makes both the wait for August 2024 and the lack of support from Hot Toys really painful.
As Andor season 2 is the only upcoming Star Wars project I'm interested in, that's a long wait for any Star Wars content for me. I'll save money on not having a D+ account between now and Andor season 2 I guess.

As Andor season 2 is the only upcoming Star Wars project I'm interested in, that's a long wait for any Star Wars content for me. I'll save money on not having a D+ account between now and Andor season 2 I guess.

Crazy to think that even if they made Cassian for Season 2, the figure wouldn't be out till 2025 or 2026.

Crazy to think that even if they made Cassian for Season 2, the figure wouldn't be out till 2025 or 2026.
These wait times are nuts. Half the figures I have on PO, I'm not sure I want anymore. I preorder a figure, then 2 years later my collection has changed so much, that new figure doesn't fit in anywhere.
It'd be nice if HT could give us an Andor. Any Andor at this point. But if they announced it tomorrow, we'd have to wait for up to 2 years to get it in hand.

Gonna be a long wait for figures from this show. Hope they commit to a full lineup.

Where is Sabine, Hera, Ahsoka v2?
These will be instant PO's for me. I passed on Mando Ahsoka as I figure we'll get one for her show. Hoping for Zeb, Chopper, Thrawn, and Ezra as well. If Kanan makes a force ghost appearance, I will lose it.

… Yes, here I am- looking to see if others who share my hobby and have also likely sunk thousands into a Star Wars collection are as disappointed in what’s being done to it as I am.
Misery does love company.

Back