Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standing on patrol looking menacing, they haven't fired a shot in anger. Last time we saw them in the Obi Wan Show they were getting knocked out by (female) slaps to the helmet, repeatedly missing with their blasters from 10 metres away and bobbing about like dead fish after being in water for 2 seconds.

It’s not feeling like Star Wars at all. Where the heck are the aliens? The snail pace and character development was okay for the first few episodes to establish a different tone. They’re still doing that two thirds of the way through the season. After just finishing episode 8 I can officially say I’m getting really bored with this show, and honestly I doubt I’d still be watching it if it wasn’t Star Wars. At this point I wouldn’t be shocked if episode 9 isn’t 45 minutes of Cassian sitting on a space prison toilet. I respect the hell out of the more adult tone, but my God does it lack the week to week excitement of The Mandalorian. It’s the only SW show I don’t re-watch the episodes multiple times before the next episode.
Yep, they really have gone from Faverau + Filoni giving a lot of fan service and integrating all the familiar stuff that makes Star Wars well Star Wars.

It does look a lot like standard Sci-Fi. They need to clone Filoni so he could be part of the filming and advise people like Gilroy (who went on record saying he didn't care about Star Wars at all) about what is needed visually at minimum.

The best they could do with aliens were a few over at Mon Mothma's. Even they were not so familiar looking aliens if I recall correctly.

Yep, they really have gone from Faverau + Filoni giving a lot of fan service and integrating all the familiar stuff that makes Star Wars well Star Wars.

It does look a lot like standard Sci-Fi. They need to clone Filoni so he could be part of the filming and advise people like Gilroy (who went on record saying he didn't care about Star Wars at all) about what is needed visually at minimum.

The best they could do with aliens were a few over at Mon Mothma's. Even they were not so familiar looking aliens if I recall correctly.
I really don’t like this show, but I realise it’s quite popular on here, so I’ll keep my opinions to myself. I’m all for slow tension building sci-fi, but my patience has its limits. I just can’t get excited to tune in to watch a guy eat cereal every week.

I do wonder though when Mando season 3 and Ahsoka come along how much anyone will care about these last three shows. I’m most looking forward to Ahsoka, for the reason you stated above, Filoni. He delivers the magic that Star Wars needs. The only Disney Star Wars I consider canon is the stuff Filoni has a hand in. I think Ahsoka will easily be the best of the bunch. People can say what they like about BoBF, that Filoni episode was one of the greatest things we’ve ever seen in Star Wars.

I really don’t like this show, but I realise it’s quite popular on here, so I’ll keep my opinions to myself. I’m all for slow tension building sci-fi, but my patience has its limits. I just can’t get excited to tune in to watch a guy eat cereal every week.

I do wonder though when Mando season 3 and Ahsoka come along how much anyone will care about these last three shows. I’m most looking forward to Ahsoka, for the reason you stated above, Filoni. He delivers the magic that Star Wars needs. The only Disney Star Wars I consider canon is the stuff Filoni has a hand in. I think Ahsoka will easily be the best of the bunch. People can say what they like about BoBF, that Filoni episode was one of the greatest things we’ve ever seen in Star Wars.

Is that the episode of Mandalorian that was crammed into BoBF? :lol

Personally, I'm happy with both takes. Mandalorian (at least season 1) felt like it was made for me. Grogu not so much, but he does give the show some acceptable light heartedness.

I like the serious dramatic slow burn take of Andor, but I wouldn't want Star Wars to become that any more than I would want it to become a cameo fest a la season 2 Mando. For now, I'm happy with both takes and I think Andor will age just fine. There is just a lot more hype behind Mando and grogu's story because we don't really know where its going.

Is that the episode of Mandalorian that was crammed into BoBF? :lol

Personally, I'm happy with both takes. Mandalorian (at least season 1) felt like it was made for me. Grogu not so much, but he does give the show some acceptable light heartedness.

I like the serious dramatic slow burn take of Andor, but I wouldn't want Star Wars to become that any more than I would want it to become a cameo fest a la season 2 Mando. For now, I'm happy with both takes and I think Andor will age just fine. There is just a lot more hype behind Mando and grogu's story because we don't really know where its going.
Yeah that one 😂 Two Mando episodes forced into BOBF. The thing is when it comes to re-watching before Mando season 3 you have to watch those BOBF episodes again otherwise the show will make no sense. Imagine people who only watch Mando, and the last thing they saw was Grogu going off with Luke. That’s going be confusing as hell for them.

Oh yeah I’m all for a serious tone, and I definitely respect that about Andor. It’s more the pace I have issues with. I feel everything we’ve had so far could’ve been done in 4 episodes. Still, if it starts to take us in the direction of getting far more serious and adult stuff like the Old Republic (hands down my favourite era of SW) then I’m happy. So I don’t know if this makes sense, I don’t really like the show but I like the tone of the show and the potential of what it could lead to with other future SW content. I have a feeling I might have very similar feelings towards The Acolyte.

Yeah that one 😂 Two Mando episodes forced into BOBF. The thing is when it comes to re-watching before Mando season 3 you have to watch those BOBF episodes again otherwise the show will make no sense. Imagine people who only watch Mando, and the last thing they saw was Grogu going off with Luke. That’s going be confusing as hell for them.

Oh yeah I’m all for a serious tone, and I definitely respect that about Andor. It’s more the pace I have issues with. I feel everything we’ve had so far could’ve been done in 4 episodes. Still, if it starts to take us in the direction of getting far more serious and adult stuff like the Old Republic (hands down my favourite era of SW) then I’m happy. So I don’t know if this makes sense, I don’t really like the show but I like the tone of the show and the potential of what it could lead to with other future SW content. I have a feeling I might have very similar feelings towards The Acolyte.

That makes sense. For a long time people have been asking for a KOTOR show to be Game of Thrones in space, tone wise. I could see something like that for sure.

For me the last 3-4 eps of BoBF are pretty good so thats likely what I'd recommend people watch or what I'll be watching before mando season 3. The rest of it though. ugh :lol

We aint getting anything like GoT in the SW universe, you people are setting the bar way too high. That bar will come crashing down again, just like it did in BoBF. Hell we could not even keep Mando and Grogu apart for 5 minutes, and you guys are wishing for Crimson Empire on the teevee. [Now THAT would be a series! But I digress.]

My guess is that the Ahsoka show will have little or nothing to do with the events in Rebels, that's the exact kind of thing they would do. We'll have Ezra Bridger as comic relief, though. Ahsoka will have to save his @ss every five minutes. Just you wait.

It's likely been asked many times already but....what is HT waiting for with Andor? Not one announcement yet? Heck, if they PO'd just one figure right now, we probably wouldn't see it until after the second season is done. So c'mon HT....what gives?

IIRC, Hot Toys usually PO figures from TV shows after finale aired. Can't remember is they actually POed any figure from a show while it was airing.

I would get anything and everything from the spectacular gift to Star Wars that is Andor, but I feel like it’ll be in the less supported category from Hot Toys.

If they just want to pump out a couple of troopers, that’s fine. But they might be wary of doing even that now.

If it’s only going to be a handful of figures, the one I’d want most is Aldhani Cassian in Imperial Disguise. At least a small display could be made that way with a couple of those and some head swaps.

Two things working against the line: comparatively low viewership based on the stats which is unfortunate, and the show not being super toyetic. Which is not an issue for the show and I respect it for it, but a lot of the characters I’d love to see I just could not imagine Hot Toys making figures of.

It's likely been asked many times already but....what is HT waiting for with Andor? Not one announcement yet? Heck, if they PO'd just one figure right now, we probably wouldn't see it until after the second season is done. So c'mon HT....what gives?
HT figure releases are a slow burn just like the show. :)

They remind me of Nazis and sadly modern American police. That's why they're scarier here in Andor than any other Star Wars media.

Look at how they hanged Cassian's father, or interrogate and accuse him of being a thief simply for going to the shop.

It's that jumping the gun that's scary, especially given so many recent events in real life. Gilroy was definitely aware of the comparisons while writing.

I really don’t like this show, but I realise it’s quite popular on here, so I’ll keep my opinions to myself.
Personally, I don't see why you have to. If you have your own reasons (which I've seen that you do) for disliking the show and aren't just being snarky about it, fair play.

I've spent more time than I care to recall picking apart Star Wars shows people love because I have my reasons; I'm 100% on the Andor train but if you don't like it, I'd say have at it. We won't agree but consensus on entertainment is unnecessary.

They need to clone Filoni so he could be part of the filming and advise people
I'm out in the cold here but I don't think anyone needs Filoni. :LOL:

"Needs more Ahsoka! And they can evade those pesky ISB officers with the help of Hyperspace Prairie Dogs! Yeah, that's the ticket!"

(I know, I know, minority opinion).

The short version of my opinion on Filoni is that he over-complicates the Star Wars universe in the name of 'lore building' and leans heavily on convoluted mysticism which he executes on a more child-like level than I'm generally entertained by.

Back