Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, the troops all feel really dangerous in the show. The Stormies and that shore trooper were kinda scary.
Yep, they're really playing on the oppressivness of the Empire in a realistic way.

Same with the politics between sector leaders etc.

It's a big difference to the bumbling nature of the Empire in animation etc, but I guess it's a fresh grown up interpretation, so why not.

Yep, they're really playing on the oppressivness of the Empire in a realistic way.

Same with the politics between sector leaders etc.

It's a big difference to the bumbling nature of the Empire in animation etc, but I guess it's a fresh grown up interpretation, so why not.

That's it exactly for me. There's a maturity and realism to the plight of the people that hasn't been felt since... Rogue One.

When the Empire does make its presense, it just feels more serious. For example, just an episode or two back, when the two TIE Fighters do their fly-by, their power and the fear that they invoke is just more powerful than we've ever gotten before, where they've usually just been simple cannon fodder.

I'm really liking this show, the acting and the intelligent writing. So far, not a hint of "Es-squeeze me.." or "Ride it like a Bantha" yet...

Just have to say, just when you feel like you are being done wrong as a SW fan, you take a look at recent Spider-verse HT figures and you may be like, Holy gods i thought we had it bad - but look at THESE prices.

While I'm enjoying it, one of my only gripes of the show is that it doesn't entirely feel or look like Star Wars. It's often more just "Sci-Fi" or "Bladerunnerish".

It really takes me out of it sometimes. Clearly a lot of UK real world sets repurposed, which I guess they did do for Rogue One in a couple of scenes. I guess budgets are tight for Disney+ shows.

......and what are all those scenes with the guy who lost his job and his mum ??
It’s not feeling like Star Wars at all. Where the heck are the aliens? The snail pace and character development was okay for the first few episodes to establish a different tone. They’re still doing that two thirds of the way through the season. After just finishing episode 8 I can officially say I’m getting really bored with this show, and honestly I doubt I’d still be watching it if it wasn’t Star Wars. At this point I wouldn’t be shocked if episode 9 isn’t 45 minutes of Cassian sitting on a space prison toilet. I respect the hell out of the more adult tone, but my God does it lack the week to week excitement of The Mandalorian. It’s the only SW show I don’t re-watch the episodes multiple times before the next episode.

I really like the design of the inquisitor in Tales of the Jedi. It would make a cool figure. For me, that scene also kind of show why Obi Wan didn't fight them in the Kenobi show.

So nothing this week right. Other than some bobble head things....

Cassian seems to have so many outfits in this show ! Hot Toys will probably go for the simple white and orange jump suit look :)

So nothing this week right. Other than some bobble head things....

Cassian seems to have so many outfits in this show ! Hot Toys will probably go for the simple white and orange jump suit look :)

Hot toys will probably go with this look:

Nothing.jpg

I would probably buy any figure from this outstanding Andor show, even Cassian in his prison outfit but i'd rather get him in R1 or early episodes costume.

I'm not really into collecting imps, but Dedra Meero is probably my favorite character in Andor. She's got so much subtext and tension. There's a lot going on behind her steely eyes. So I'm definitely in if Hot Toys releases her. That said, I'm really loving all the layers and nuances to all the characters in the show. I'd pretty much be down for any of the releases. Here are my tops:

1. Dedra Meero
2. Mon Mothma
3. Andor
4. Luthen
5. Kleya

Last edited:
I'm not really into collecting imps, but Dedra Meero is probably my favorite character in Andor. She's got so much subtext and tension. There's a lot going on behind her steely eyes. So I'm definitely in if Hot Toys releases her. That said, I'm really loving all the layers and nuances to all the characters in the show. I'd pretty much be down any of the releases. Here are my tops:

1. Dedra Meero
2. Mon Mothma
3. Andor
4. Luthen
5. Kleya

I agree 100%.

As for your list, I would just bump Andor to the top. I need Andor in the collection, at least to cover both his series and "Rogue One".

I agree 100%.

As for your list, I would just bump Andor to the top. I need Andor in the collection, at least to cover both his series and "Rogue One".
Andor is growing on me. I think his character is deepened by his relationships, especially with his foster mother. The show is really about so much more than just him. I think it's kind of weird that they named it "Andor." It's really about the dawn of the rebellion. I would have called it something like "Star Wars: Insurgency."

Last edited:
Favreau is a crowd pleaser and everything leads to set pieces.

Gilroy doesn't care if you feel down after something he writes as long as it's truthful and serves the story.
this is a good way to put it. fortunately i think there’s definitely a place for both styles in star wars, and have absolutely loved both shows.

still can’t believe we havent seen a single release from andor, not even a trooper repack. at the very least cassian has to be on the horizon… right?

Back